PDA

View Full Version : Changeling vs. Character on Monster

Granitearm
12-06-2008, 16:03
Played against daemons last night, including the changeling.

If the Changeling goes up agains a character on a monster, how does that work? It says he swaps his stats for a models. Can he swap S & T with the dragon, and I & WS with the rider?

What do you guys think?

Surgency
12-06-2008, 16:06
I believe he picks a model, and swaps all stats with that model

Limenix
12-06-2008, 17:17
Yes he picks ONE model in hth and swaps stats.
Remember ... even if he becomes the dragon he still only
has 1 wound and only a 5+ ward save so a lucky dice can
kill him easily.

Malorian
12-06-2008, 17:28
Well both the rider and the mount are a single model, but I think it's easy logic to say that the opponent has to pick one or the other and not the best of both, even though it's not clearly stated.

If your opponent doesn't buy that, suggest that he should randomly roll to see which stats he takes ; )

Granitearm
12-06-2008, 17:59
Well both the rider and the mount are a single model, but I think it's easy logic to say that the opponent has to pick one or the other and not the best of both, even though it's not clearly stated.

That was my opponents thought, and my comment. I suggested that while RAW, it wasn't very consistant with the background. He responded he felt it was very consistant. The changling becomes a roiling mass of change with the S of the mount and the skill of the rider.

I had no real response to that. So I thought I'd bring it up here.

][nquist0r
12-06-2008, 18:16
This issue was adressed already for the speculum. I believe he can only use the riders stats.

OldMaster
12-06-2008, 22:01
Don't think the Changeling is actually worth it....
I think you may choose :\
But of course, klisten to those superior to me.

theunwantedbeing
13-06-2008, 00:52
Looks like you get to pick...it says you may swap and and/or all of certain stats.

ehlijen
13-06-2008, 01:10
But all the new stats have to come from the same model. So I'd say he get's to pick either rider or dragon, but not some from both. So no dragon strenght with elf lord WS, sorry...

DeathlessDraich
13-06-2008, 10:57
This is similar to Van Horstmann's but not exactly the same as Inquistor pointed out.

Van Horstmann's - "swap ... with the *enemy*" . The word enemy was clarified in the FAQ to mean enemy character or champion in the challenge.

Changeling's Formless Horror does not require a challenge and uses a less imprecise term - 'enemy model'.

It's up to players to accept or reject implementing the Van Horstmann's FAQ for Formless Horror.

However I think the phrase "chosen foe" and not "chosen foes" strongly indicate that only *one* foe can be used i.e. Dragon or rider's stats but not both. It is likely that an FAQ on this will be consistent with VHS.