PDA

View Full Version : ULTIMATE Battle Report.

Limenix
12-06-2008, 15:18
Greetings fellow Players.
I've been playing the game for over 5 years and it was time
to give something back to the community.
I have 6000+ Pts of dark Elves (my 1st army) and about
the same of Chaos.

I had the idea for a long time and now finnaly i got to it.
4000 Pts of both armies in a glorious battle.
It took me over 3 weeks to make this happen.
First take the pictures and then a lot of editing.
Nero 8 movie maker was the software i used.

I had problems with finding a suitable site to upload them but
www.veoh.com did the trick.
Mainly because each part is about 200-260 MB and
6-7 minutes big.
I've noticed a 10% drop in the quality of the video
but that must be because of some rendering of Veoh.com
Anyway enjoy
Very Happy
P.S. Best watched in Full Screen

INTRO http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14147180eW98Jhqg
ROUND 1 http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14148714S4sgkenf
ROUND 2 DE http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14153111zYchGdZM
ROUND 2 CHAOS http://www.veoh.com/videos/v141547339AdFkxw3
ROUND 3 http://www.veoh.com/videos/v141686083jteFXYm
ROUND 4 http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14168609Ad9gDjCX
FINAL PART-DIRECT DOWLOAD http://1.bigfilehost.com/en/file/4385/BATTLE-REPORT-ENDING-rar.html
BEST OF ALL!!!

Malorian
12-06-2008, 17:02
This should be good : ) I can't wait to get home to watch this... never seen a videa batle report before.

I also envy your patience since I'm not even willing to post pictures...

Acidfire
12-06-2008, 17:58
Meh, why did you put the final part on direct download? Downloading that right now...

Anyway, this is an awesome battle report. It's really a lot of fun. :)

The only remark I have is that the text isn't always easy to read. You should use an outline.

Limenix
12-06-2008, 19:41
Had copyright issues with Veoh.com about the last part.
Don't ask why , i really don't know.
Went arround this problem by allowing people to download it
directly to theyr PC.Had it uploaded at a different site.
This is for the best though because the last part is now
at TOP quality and it is something you would like to have in your
hard drive.
Final part is my masterpiece. Download it you won't be sorry!

OldMaster
12-06-2008, 19:54
I shall take the time to wacht it, you worked so hard on it :O

Peegore
13-06-2008, 00:00
Just thought I'd post now, 3 video clips in, and say I am really enjoying it! Kudos for taking the time to render a batrep in video form. It works very well. Yes as was said, some of the text ( purple text in particular ) was a little difficult to read but that's maybe me being a pedant!

Well done you! If you can commit the time to this sort of format, I'm looking forward to any more you do! ( and I still have several clips to go through ). :)

Malorian
13-06-2008, 00:10
I'm downloading the last part, but I don't need to see it to make my final comment:

BEST BATTLE REPORT EVER.

Wow, I mean when you said video battle report I thought it would be a home movie of you playing with effects added in, but this is really good work.

Only 1 question: Why no movement trays? Do you just not like them, or did you think they'd take away from the report?

Limenix
13-06-2008, 00:30
Yeah it's just for this one i didn't use trays.
I wanted the models to look more "natural" on the battlefield.

Znail
13-06-2008, 04:51
Best report ever :)

I liked the end, but doubt many will take your advice, hehe.

Marwynn
13-06-2008, 05:30
I just finished Round 1! Awesome, awesome report so far!

It is a bit hard to read at times though. But that's what the pause button is for!

Great job, I'm looking forward to more like these. Try vimeo.com too, decent enough site.

kylek2235
13-06-2008, 07:35
This is really great. I just finished watching the Veoh ones and am in the process of downloading the grand finale. Definitely the best battle report ever.

The Chaos player is doing a lot better than I expected since he didn't have really any magic or shooting, so not a whole lot of ways to deal with the dragon. It didn't help that all of his screen/flyer units died or were engaged in combat by turn 2

Peegore
13-06-2008, 09:15
Just finished watching the final round. What can I say! This was an excellent report in a well executed format. Many have said they would do a report this way, but you my friend have actually come up with the goods. Congratulations!

I must say, up until the downloaded movie final turn, I though you were playing against yourself... but as others will see ( and be pleasantly surprised :) ) you certainly were not.

Unless in the final turn of the game, the 'other person' had just walked through the door from a hard day at work and you said " Er, could you just stand there next to these models..." ;)

Top stuff. Look forward to more... assuming you're gonna do some more!

Limenix
13-06-2008, 12:24
Unless in the final turn of the game, the 'other person' had just walked through the door from a hard day at work and you said " Er, could you just stand there next to these models..." ;)

I wish i did play against my self.
I thought that at least after such an effort with the Bat.Rep. i'd win the game.
But alas , my ...ehem ... opponent has been playing with my Dark elf army
for quite a long time now and is actually quite good.
But "good" didn't win the game for him.
INSANE dice rolling did....
He lost 4 CR's and never-ever did the units flee:cries:
When the CoK's charged the Chosen Knights , my opponent landed
70% of his attacks (hitting on 4's , wounding on 3's).
That was the only time i rolled good myself and shrug off most of the attacks.
But with 1+ Arsv i saved on 3's and 2's.

Lord Snerual
13-06-2008, 14:29
I shall take time to look at them all.

I hear it's good so I can't wait

Glorfindel
13-06-2008, 14:34
Very nice report! Downloading the final episode right now :D

1 question though ... Why did the dragon player did use a breath attack when he was behind the chaos lines? He might have cleaned up the marauders without the charge on the turn afterwards :p

Anyway, wonderful report ... sorry to say but I was cheering for the Dark elf player, being an elf fan :p

(edit: even more so after discovering there's a beautiful maiden directing this dark elven host! )

OldMaster
13-06-2008, 15:39
I get the feeling that Dark Elves got the support... I mean, like Limenix himself was for the Dark Elves..

YTY
13-06-2008, 17:14
The last part...

"Windows media player noticed an unknown error!"

What codec do you need to watch this?
Or what program? (winamp... etc.)

I'd like to see how it ends.

Going great so far, though!

OldMaster
13-06-2008, 17:40
Okay, I downloaded and saw the last part.
Wow.... I really thank you very much for making this, Steven! It's awesome, absolutely fantastic!
Though the last part was a bit... all film :P
And you were actually playing for Chaos :O Great!
I'd be very lucky if I had such an opponent, too ^^

Krytha
13-06-2008, 17:55
Amazing job. Perhaps putting the text in a bolder font beneath the images would've made it more visible.

northwoodDreamer
13-06-2008, 18:05
The last part...

"Windows media player noticed an unknown error!"

What codec do you need to watch this?
Or what program? (winamp... etc.)

I'd like to see how it ends.

Going great so far, though!

I'm having the same problem. I really want to see the ending, it's been awesome so far!

OldMaster
13-06-2008, 18:12
^ I had that too for a second, but I just hit play and it worked :|

ferda
13-06-2008, 20:02
oh my god

Veoh is no longer available in CZECH REPUBLIC.
If you are not in CZECH REPUBLIC or you think you have received this message in error, please report the issue below.

Limenix
14-06-2008, 05:48
1 question though ... Why did the dragon player did use a breath attack when he was behind the chaos lines? He might have cleaned up the marauders without the charge on the turn afterwards :p

DragonLord DID use the Breath Weapon but to no effect.
Lot's of 1's and 2's:D
I had to skip some things that happened during the game , or else
the video would have been even bigger.
Like ... one sorceress had "Lifetaker" and managed some wounds ,
1st Wargor (the one with the Great Weapon ) had Grimson Armour of Dargan
but my opponent always passed his Ld tests , and so on.

kylek2235
14-06-2008, 07:29
My wife loved your battle report as well. She agrees with the Lady Luck statement. She is amazingly lucky with her stupid skeleton bowmen

ferda
14-06-2008, 17:49
Can anyone tell me how to play that? Or, could you upload it somewhere elsewhere? Filefront or anything like that?

Aurellis
14-06-2008, 18:01
This is a great battle report, I haven't seen any like it before. I'm looking forward to reading more of your battle reports

northwoodDreamer
14-06-2008, 18:45
Can anyone tell me how to play that? Or, could you upload it somewhere elsewhere? Filefront or anything like that?

If you're talking about the last file only, do a websearch on how to play a .rar file and a couple softwares with free trials will come up. That's what I did.

Awesome battle report. I really hope you do more in the future!

Fideru
14-06-2008, 19:05
I cannot download the last part! My mind flails in agony!

Laurela
14-06-2008, 19:20
watching it now, I'm excited, the first part was awesome

Tuch
14-06-2008, 20:40
The thread title says it all. The standard has been set, nice job.

Ironstone Doomhammer
15-06-2008, 06:21
Oh no! The ultimate battle report is undownloadable for my Mac :(. If there is anyway you could pack that finale into a .zip file I would be very appreciated. This is an epic battle report and I truly would love to see the ending. I'm on the edge of my seat but I'm aggravated that I can't see the rest.

Please help me by making a .zip for the last part.

szlachcic
16-06-2008, 00:56
If you're talking about the last file only, do a websearch on how to play a .rar file and a couple softwares with free trials will come up. That's what I did.

Awesome battle report. I really hope you do more in the future!

I already have software to do this, but how do you download the file. I can't seem to be able to save the .rar file at all, it only allows me to save the link.

eagletsi1
16-06-2008, 14:24
I have tried several free players and they all want me to download other stuff too.

Just PM me on who won. Of let me know of a free player that doesn't require me to download other crappy programs.

thanks,

Limenix
17-06-2008, 06:55
Try KMPlayer , it's a very good media player with it's own codec pack that can play anything.
Highly recomended.

pcgamer72
22-06-2008, 23:28
Wow, that really was the most entertaining and exciting gaming experiences I have ever had. From the start I was into it and the music really helped to make things exciting. Not to mention some of it was quite funny! I hope there are more things like this... but I think I couldn't convince myself to do it :(

riven5
26-06-2008, 02:29
Absolutely incredible. I wonder how things would have been different under the rules in the new Dark Elf armybook. If you make another one of these post it right away, it was amazing.

Limenix
27-06-2008, 20:50
Thank you all for your kind words.
It makes all the hard work well worth it.
Throw same ideas , maybe i'll make it happen.

OldMaster
27-06-2008, 22:42
Make another! : D
Maybe you should wait till the new Elves will be there and make a rematch?

txamil
12-07-2008, 03:40
DLing the end (it's quite slow for some reason) but without seeing the end that was an amazing battle report. Best one.

Thank you!