PDA

View Full Version : challenge when charging

Captain Keen
12-06-2008, 20:35
Hello, another big one for me...

knight champ gets +2 charge bonus? page 76-77. here it says that the charger gets to strike first if he challenges a char/champ. But does a charging knight champ also get the charge Str bonus? And what if the challenger is in a unit that has a banner that gives chargers also bonusses? these count too?

and what if I have a banner that causes fear when charging and I challenge? must the champ do a Ld test to see if he is not feared? and what happens if the challenge ends? does the challenger still get his normal attacks against other units that are in base contact? or remaining attacks for that matter?

Loopstah
12-06-2008, 20:42
Hello, another big one for me...

knight champ gets +2 charge bonus? page 76-77. here it says that the charger gets to strike first if he challenges a char/champ. But does a charging knight champ also get the charge Str bonus?

If he has charged and has a bonus on the charge (I assume from a Lance) then he gets the bonus during the first round of combat. He still gets the bonus if he enters a challenge.

And what if the challenger is in a unit that has a banner that gives chargers also bonusses? these count too?

The champion is part of the unit so he gains any bonuses the unit might gain from a banner.

and what if I have a banner that causes fear when charging and I challenge? must the champ do a Ld test to see if he is not feared?

If your unit has a banner that makes them cause fear when they charge then the enemy unit you are charging must take a fear test and follow the results on pg 50.

and what happens if the challenge ends? does the challenger still get his normal attacks against other units that are in base contact? or remaining attacks for that matter?

The winner of the challenge uses all his attacks in the challenge and can't save any for afterwards. You can gain an overkill bonus from doing extra wounds during a challenge see pg 77: Overkill!

Captain Keen
12-06-2008, 20:47
so when charging with a few knight, the challenger gets the first strike, and the +2 str bonus, but only in the first turn of all the turns this challenge continues. the second turn of the challenge (when both survived) the knight looses these bonusses, and when the challenge is over, the other knights don't have these bonusses anymore either, right?

OldMaster
12-06-2008, 20:48
You must imagine that it's not about shouting: "Hey! I want to fight you - one-to-one!"
It's about charging very fast and it's a matter of everyone in the enemies unit except the character doing a step backwards or that the character pushes his way into the unit...

and yeah. If I remember well the units just fight against each other, right?

Loopstah
12-06-2008, 20:51
so when charging with a few knight, the challenger gets the first strike, and the +2 str bonus, but only in the first turn of all the turns this challenge continues. the second turn of the challenge (when both survived) the knight looses these bonusses, and when the challenge is over, the other knights don't have these bonusses anymore either, right?

If a bonus applies when charging, like a Lance or from a magic banner or item, then you only get the bonus during the turn you charge.

So if you are still fighting in the enemies turn you don't get the bonus.

You only fight 1 round of a challenge in each persons turn, just like a normal combat so you wouldn't get the bonus in the 2nd round of the challenge if both models were still alive.

The challenge doesn't end till either one model is killed or one of the units flees.

Captain Keen
12-06-2008, 20:59
ok, thanks all