PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Pts. of Ogres

TheFroto
13-06-2008, 01:30
Just started up and wrote up a list. I have all the models beside the Tyrant and Butcher.

Lord- Tyrant w/ Bullgut

Hero- Butcher

Core- 5x3 man Bull w/ ironfists and Champion
- 2x4 man Ironguts w/ Champion
- 2x12 Gnoblar w/ Groinbiter

Special- 4x2 Leadbelcher

Pretty basic. Just playing around with all the new stuff I got.

Any help is wanted =).

pkain762
13-06-2008, 03:13
if you have the models put one or even two more butchers in your list and stick two with the two ironguts and then the other w/a unit of bulls and the tyrant.... makes for a lot of gut magic haha

i love the leadbelchers.... i have 8 of them myself.... they're awesome..... i have been running them in the units of two like you have but i am going to try two units of four.... see how that works out....

kain

TheFroto
13-06-2008, 04:46
I could add 2 more butchers but where could I get the points from?

CarlostheCraven
13-06-2008, 17:50
Hi

A few things
- champions are not particularly useful in an ogre army - you are currently spending 140 points on champions - that is another unit of bulls/nearly 3 ironguts/another butcher/a bruiser. The only command upgrade worth consistently taking is a musician. An Irongut unit with banner + Warbanner is also very good.
- your gnoblar units are illiegal. They have a minimum unit size of 20.
- the Bullgut is not a terribly useful item. Personally, I like the Tenderizer and Wyrdstone Necklace on a tyrant. Or a Dispel Scroll on the butcher.

Cheers,
Carlos the Craven

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
13-06-2008, 19:08
if you have the models put one or even two more butchers in your list and stick two with the two ironguts and then the other w/a unit of bulls and the tyrant.... makes for a lot of gut magic haha

i love the leadbelchers.... i have 8 of them myself.... they're awesome..... i have been running them in the units of two like you have but i am going to try two units of four.... see how that works out....

Personaly,pkain 76 I'd keep em in units of two, they seriously mess people around cos they're cheap, effective, always scoring, always rallying and have to be fully destroyed units.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
13-06-2008, 19:14
Also, a second butcher would be a gd idea, I have a skrag list with two butchers which reaches ten power dice but in 2000 pts I'd go for at least six. Also with your bulls I' take the champions out and add bellowers. I'd also take the Ironfists out ( unless your having light armour) cos you are probably gonna use them as two hand weapons more often. Max out on units of three bulls with bellowers. They're pretty cheap and gd when you get duplicate charges on one unit.

TheFroto
13-06-2008, 21:06
Alright, gave it a look over and came up with this now.

Lord- Tyrant w/ Tenderizer and Wyrdstone - 280

Hero-2x Butcher - 260

Core- 4x Bull w/ Bellower - 600
- 2x4 Ironguts w/ Bull Standard and Bellower - 444
- 20 Gnoblars w/ Groinbiter - 42

Special - 4x2 Leadbelchers - 440

It comes out to 2066 points but I don't know where to drop the last 66 points.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
14-06-2008, 06:36
How many units of bulls do u have? My amy has 4 small units of 3 with nothing but bellowers and comes to 460 pts. Screw the bull standard (plus u can only take one bull standard in your army, it's a magic item, so your other unit of ironguts has to drop it anyway.) I fink u might have added your bulls up wrong, and u can get rid of 40/50 of those points by dropping those bull standards. Hope this helps...

TheFroto
14-06-2008, 08:53
Well I forgot I have ironfists on the Bulls so thats where it comes in. 40 pts per bull and 10 for bellower comes to 130 a unit. X4 and you get 520 pts.

So that gives me the loss of points I needed.

Oh, and only 1 unit of the Ironguts has the bull standard. If I drop it I'll have like 40 points to play with. What should I go for?