PDA

View Full Version : unseen luker with support charge

Captain Keen
13-06-2008, 08:36
Lore of shadow. I just rolled a 5 and a 6 on my level 2 shadowlurker. I was thinking of the numer 1-3 combo or now with these numbers a number 1-6 combo, but first let me ponder on the tekst of Unseen Lurker mumbo number 5.
Since I have detachtments, I was wondering if I can use support charge with this spell, because it says it follows all rules for charging. they all apply!! An extra unit-move with the detachtment could be nice in one turn, right? = 3 times the distance of a normal move with charge attempt? first the charge fails, moving normal distance, then the spell gives you another charge attempt, lol!
Big distance for walkers....

http://www.geocities.com/mi_whplayers/7th_faqs/empire_faq.txt

here it says that countercharge is a go if you get charged with the spell unseen lurker! That would be the same rule that could state that I can support charge when I use the spell right?

OldMaster
13-06-2008, 08:49
I think you can, assuming none of the detachments moves more then 8".

DeathlessDraich
13-06-2008, 10:42
1) Spells that affect the parent unit do *not* affect the detachment. - detachment rules.

2) Support charge is made during the Empire's movement phase - detachment rules

Therefore Unseen lurker will not enable a detachment support charge.

Support *Fire* etc works differently as it is in the enemy's magic phase.

Captain Keen
13-06-2008, 14:19
Give me some support here, man? ;)

Ok, I will take this as a nono then, even when GW FAQ says: go.

EvC
13-06-2008, 15:17
No FAQ, GW or otherwise, says that it can be done. Detachment rules say it can't, end of.

WLBjork
13-06-2008, 19:59
here it says that countercharge is a go if you get charged with the spell unseen lurker! That would be the same rule that could state that I can support charge when I use the spell right?

No it's not.

Counter-charge and support charge are two different rules and two different mechanics.

Captain Keen
15-06-2008, 11:28
Note: References below to the "Official Empire FAQ" refer to the Empire
FAQ available in .pdf format from the GW "Shrine of Knowledge" webpage.

DETACHMENTS

Q. When an Empire Parent unit is charged in the enemy magic phase,
are its supporting detachments allowed to react with a countercharge?

A. It depends on the wording of the spell in question because a
countercharge is a reaction normally allowed for Empire Detachments. If
the spell allows the enemy to react to charges "as normal" (e.g. Unseen
Lurker from the Lore of Shadows), then countercharges are allowed. If
the spell does not allow normal charge reactions then countercharges are
not allowed.
S. Official Empire FAQ

since this FAQ is from gamesworkshop. the same workshop that makes the rulebooks for us, I would state that it is a go. The FAQ from GW is to clarify how foggyness in rules should be interpreted, and I'd like to know they did a fine job on this one. If we print out this FAQ than I guess we can slap this in opponents face when they see the line with 'workshop' in small italics at the bottom of the page :::cheers:::
And since we must have fun as golden rule, make it a fishdanceslap while you're at it then...

Blagrot Squigbreff
15-06-2008, 11:36
But you'd still be wrong, Counter-charge is allowed as a charge reaction. The supporting charge is not a charge reaction and nothing says you may do it when using a spell to charge, especially since it's stated that spells that effect the Parent unit to not automatically effect the Detachment.

It's a fun idea but I can't see anything that actually makes it legal.