PDA

View Full Version : GW Sneak Peek: Plague Monk Regiment

Asher
18-03-2005, 16:27
A new sneak peek appeared on the GW page:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/sneakpeeks/warhammer/image1.jpg

I dunno. They are ok but as most of the the newer fantasy models they are lacking something. Hard to say what; something that makes you say 'oh cool'.

Sylass
18-03-2005, 16:30
I like them.

Makes me wonder if it's worth it to resurrect Project Skaven again...I just couldn't stand the infamous Scrye based crap (even if it's very nice fluffwise, gaming wise it made me sell my Skaven).

Mmmmmh...Clan Pestilence.

*edit*
adjusted posting style...

SlaaneshSlave
18-03-2005, 16:53
The pics from the US WD are sweet. Some of the monks have a ridge of spikes coming out of thier vertibrae & are sticking through their robes.

Also, most of them do not have 2nd hw, but hold a staff in their other hand. It looks like a plague censor without the censor. I wonder if a single plastic box can make plague monks or censor bearers.

Inquisitor Mikarovic
18-03-2005, 17:23
For Plague Monks they strike me as rather healthy-lookin'. I guess it's just the wide zoom, clean paint job and/or me being silly.

In any case, the cast is clean, neat and the detail seems sharp. They also seem to be multi-part, which earns a grand huzzah from me. The monopose sets of late worried me slightly.

Odin
18-03-2005, 17:25
I reckon they look pretty good. More impressive as a regiment than the individual models we saw a month ago. And much more dynamic than the old metal models.

NetGuru
18-03-2005, 17:35
I personally like them, and think they are a nice addition to the Skaven horde.
However with WR:Lustria about to come out and an advancing Wood Elf project you would have expected GW to come up with a more 'sneak peak' picture, rather than a picture that most of us have all seen by now...

boogle
18-03-2005, 17:41
hope the Rat Ogres, Giant rats and pack masters look this good

rkunisch
18-03-2005, 18:19
I like them. It is the right way for the Skaven to go.

Have fun,

Rolf.

BoosterX
18-03-2005, 19:23
I just wish they were CORE in a tourny legal list.

jmurph
18-03-2005, 20:06
Look solid to me. And you could use them as clanrats in a normal list with a Pestilens theme- just add shields! :D

Captain Marius
18-03-2005, 21:38
Those are some very nice skaven :) Given a proper dirty paint job they'll be just what Clan Pestilens has been after. Bring on the Clan Moulder stuff!

User Name
19-03-2005, 00:23
I like them, sort of makes me tihnk of palying skaven. but they do sort of remind me of night goblins.

The Undying
19-03-2005, 00:30
Jest anutta reason fo' me ta' co-lect Skaven.

Cacodemon
19-03-2005, 01:07
Right now they look a bit too uniform and not that exciting, but with a closer look and a proper paintjob I'm willing to bet that they're awesome.

lord_blackfang
19-03-2005, 22:55
I certainly hope that they have command bits on each sprue (as opposed to a single command sprue) - I'd love to get my hands on some of them banner poles.

Reabe
20-03-2005, 00:50
Jest anutta reason fo' me ta' co-lect Skaven.

Whoa. First time I've seen a post in Scottish (It is scottish, right?) Accent.

I think the "Half-skull" heads are a bit off the mark. I would of perfured a simply rotted head or two, but they seem to fit the Pestilens theme well enough.

The idea of using them as Clan-rats sounds cool. Although, they would need spears as well as shields since Plague Priests can use Sheilds aswell.

Inquisitor DreaxIV
20-03-2005, 01:40
They seem good to me. Ive always wanted a skaven army but ive never had the time nor the money... Maybe if i see more of the models i might change my mind about them and start an army after all

ghost21
20-03-2005, 01:57
they look cool tho without the tails seperate how hard will they be to convert for the skaven squirrel army o doom?

boogle
20-03-2005, 02:02
looks like the Dark Elves'll have to wait as i'll be dragging out the sprues of Skaven i have in boxes upstairs

Inquisitor DreaxIV
20-03-2005, 06:35
I like the new look that they've got. Means there will be a bigger variety of skaven armies out there and once you give their robes a patchy appearence itll be great. If theres going to be an eshin box in the battalion will it be the night runners or will there be new models?

violenceha
20-03-2005, 08:05
that skull head just looks bloody stupid. they look better than the clanrats though, still not cool miniatures

The boyz
01-04-2005, 13:48
The new Skaven Plague Monk regiment looks pretty good. Having just finished my Dwarf army, and seeing those new Plague Monks the other day for the first time, might just tempt me in to starting a Skaven army.

ghost21
01-04-2005, 16:14
i like em but i got some of the older ones too so if you can field a plestine legal army then i might do one or it just might do an eshin

Festering Chantor
01-04-2005, 20:18
I think the Plague Monks are simply magnificent, but the single best thing about the new models are that, unlike the Clan Rats, they have sharp, poity teef.