PDA

View Full Version : 1500 New Deamons

Akuma
13-06-2008, 16:09
Herald of Slaanesh
Magic Level 1; Lore of Slaanesh
Siren Song
Steed of Slaanesh

Lore of Slannesh is great even with 2 dices castings as 3 of the spells are quite easy to cast with the said amount of dice. On top of I thought about such tactic - when do I pick my lores ? I ask because thare are 3 great spells namly 1 , 4 , 5 based on LD - and If my opponent has low LD I can couple it with Doom and Darkness spells for extra - 3 LD ... Sooo If I could decide the lore on Heralds of Tzeensh AFTER the slannesh lore - well it would be great - Is It possible ?

Herald of Tzeentch
General; Magic Level 2
Master of Sorcery
Spell Breaker

One spell Braker is absolutly neccesery ... Even for 7 DD army He will go in 11 Horror Regiment. Will take Lore of Death if I manage to roll good for Slannesh Herald and lore of Beast if I want to have 2d6 Movment spell cast upon dogs or demonnetes.

Herald of Tzeentch
Magic Level 2
Master of Sorcery
Winged Horror

For use of more direct lores - namly Tzeensh lore - I will basicly use 2 spells from here - One beeing the 3+ generating power dice - AS I think I will only use initial 2 dice with this guy most of the time - one to make more dices and given how high he rolls I can use both gleen magic if enemy has anything interesting or spell number 1 and number 3 - as he fly he will have easy time going in good places for this 12" range...

5 Chaos Furies
5 Chaos Furies

Screens

11 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch
Standard; Musician; Icon of Sorcery

Nice Unit for general to hide in - depending on the enemy will either hug the cover or go into 18" and shoots it flare.

10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch

Another core unit as I need it

5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne

What's not to love about this fellas

3 Screamers of Tzeentch

Becasue I occasionaly have good time with them - and thay kill elves like no tommarow.

5 Seekers of Slaanesh
Standard; Musician; Siren Standard; Alluress

Good agnist shooters and gunlines - can make one unit of archers not shoot in 1 turn due to siren - this is always nice thing.

4 Flamers of Tzeench

Well thay are kind of no brainer to me - have good S and A and on top of it all have great shooting capabilitys - thay are quite handy in dealing with enemy flyers and skirmishing troops

My question is this - Would it be better for me to buy 1 more screemer ( so an unit of 4 ) and swap 4 flamers for 2 fiends of slannesh ?

Casting Pool: 7 ( +2 from horrors )
Dispel Pool: 5 ( +2 from horrors )
Models in Army: 51
Total Army Cost: 1500

Thx for the input guys

yoshimo
13-06-2008, 20:47
i'm not sure an 11 man toughness 3 unit, even with a 4+ ward is an appropriate 'anvil'. You may want to consider something a little bit larger for your core unit

Terrokhan
14-06-2008, 06:14
Man, considering that you already have heavy magic, you should concentrate on a creating a shooty army which also has fast flanking units capable of countering other shooty armies you may face.

An extremely good combo for the herald of slaanesh is a chariot. Having a chariot with M10 is nuts, you will always get the charge. The S5 impact hits will help win the combat aswell. Put her on that and ignore her magic unless you want the extra dispell, its all on chance whether you get a good spell and the power dice should be used on your heralds of tzeentch anyway. Also, siren song can seriously mess up the advance of your enemies strong fast hard hitting units allowing extra turns to blast them.

The spell breaker herald is good also. Good idea to accompany the 11 horrors. In my view, this is the unit that you want your enemy to get into combat with if they reach you. You should give them full command and banner of change to plaster the attacking unit.

The second herald should ride a disc, they cant actually be a winged horror. That means they can have master of sorcery and spell breaker/flames of tzeentch. Being a flyer he can fly around the flanks shooting the crap out of units/warmachine crew.

10 horrors with nothing but a sb with the icon of sorcery. This raises the chance to cast the spell from 50% to 66%

For screens you probably only need the one unit of 5 furies for your flying Tzeentch herald.

For special I would say atleast 2 units of screamers. Although they are fragile, if used well they are invaluable for knocking of extra wounds and slowing your enemies march. At 1500 you should be able to afford 4-6 per unit atleast. If your enemy is a pure combat force these things will win you the game. Just zig zag and make sure you land them in a safe place withing 8" of as many units as possible to stop the march. The S5 hits will probably do more dmg then your shots.

Flesh hounds are too slow and will get in the way of your shooting

The unit of seekers are excellent, especially with the siren standard, perfect for taking out units of shooters.

The flamers work very well with this style of army. They are expensive but they have 2 wounds and S5 making them tough in combat as well, but thats not why you take them. I would take 5-6, their D6 S4 shots can do a lot of dmg to advancing units...so long as you roll alright. The problem with flamers is their short range.

Thats my opinionS anyway. Working with a certain style of play which i think would be pretty good.

Akuma
14-06-2008, 10:42
An extremely good combo for the herald of slaanesh is a chariot. Having a chariot with M10 is nuts, you will always get the charge.

I wouldnt be so sure. There are at least 3 armys that can make this chariot die in 1 turn - Is risking s7 hit that good ? + Unit of shooters will most often just run from such charge and any other unit with static CR can count on me rolling 1 or 2 for impacts ... On the avarge such chariot would dish out 3 or 4 hits and 6 attacks - 2 from steeds and 4 from herald. On the opposite side the unit with siren banner can charge - dont get shoot at and dishes out 5 form steeds and 10 from nettes ...

I'm not quite sure about this chariot but I ask on DL forum about this

The spell breaker herald is good also. Good idea to accompany the 11 horrors. In my view, this is the unit that you want your enemy to get into combat with if they reach you. You should give them full command and banner of change to plaster the attacking unit.

Well I picture it quite diffrently I dont want enemy to get into combat unless it's absolutly unavoidable - Horrors have nice ward savebut stats of a human and beeing 11 of them thay wont survive it. Full command on models with base human stats is also questionable.

The second herald should ride a disc, they cant actually be a winged horror.

Why thay cannot be a winged horror ? And the disc is widly conciderd as the worse option - it basicly gives a chance to always shoot at the rider as he cannot join any unit beeing mounted on a flying steed ?

Although they are fragile, if used well they are invaluable for knocking of extra wounds and slowing your enemies march. At 1500 you should be able to afford 4-6 per unit atleast.

4 - 6 are hard tu manuver due to large bases - and if you play with a shooting army thay are easy 90 points for the enemy - my firend took 3 down with one shoot of 10 HE archers ...

Flesh hounds are too slow and will get in the way of your shooting

Thay dont have FC rule but 8" movment is more then most cavalry as they are not slowed by bording ... Another thing is that thay can go great job even if thay charge in the opponent front. with 10 Attacks at 5S and 2 W each those baybes are not going anywhere fast.

I wander aobut droping the seekrs alltogether as thare are currently no models for them :/ ( I have only 2 ) And taking Herald of khorne on jugger with sword and armour combo ... s7 and 0+sv could be very nice aginst all gunlines ... But then Herald of slannesh on foot - in a unit of 14 Demmonetes with standard of stubbornes ... with many armed monstrosity and bears anger from one of herald of slannesh ... well that could be awsome...

Terrokhan
16-06-2008, 12:16
Hmmm you have made some good points.

I didnt realise your herald was joining the seeker unit. Your right about that being the better option.

With the units of horrors, i meant if and only if your enemy does manage to close the distance then try to get them in combat rather then your other week units.

Im a big fan of screamers, if you dont like their fragility you dont have to take them, i rekon the new flesh hounds look awesome anyway.

If you dont want to take the flamers then i think the fiends are a good option, they have good stats and M10 to back up your seekers.

Terrokhan
17-06-2008, 06:02
Also, i didnt read the list properly, i didnt see the winged horror in the tzeentch herald list.
One question, if its a winged horror can he join a group of screamers?