PDA

View Full Version : ogre list of death ( I hope!) 2000

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
13-06-2008, 18:27
I've been trying to make a GD ogre list for some time now, and have failed miserably. It is becoming frustrating so im gonna try a skrag list, and personally ( not to sound cocky) ithink this one cud work.

Skrag 400

Butcher 130
dispel scroll 25
bangstick 25

Butcher 130
Dispel scroll 25
rock eye 20

3 bulls 105
bellower 10 ( 4 of these)

3 ironguts 144 (skrsg goes here)
standard 20
bellower 10

20 gnoblars 40 ( three of these)

6 gorgers 450

I have 40 pts left over so i'm thinkin about droppin the rock eye and gettin a unit of 9 or ten gnoblar trappers or dropping a unit of bulls and rock eye to get three leadbelchers. Which wud be more useful?

monkeymatt
13-06-2008, 18:34
I'm not aa ogre player so don't know much about them but after playing against leadbelchers and the fact that you can get up to 25 attacks per model means that they really do hurt so I would advise having more of them then you can completly obliterate the enamy.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
13-06-2008, 18:39
Monkey matt? You can only get ten shots out of each lead belcher max... so why did u put 25? the artilery goes up like this. misfire, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10.

monkeymatt
13-06-2008, 18:48
Ohh...Well that's stupid then as they guy who was takeing the begginers match had dice that went: 5,10,15,20,25 and I'm not sure what the other side was...can more people state weather this is correct because if so I was cheated out of the game(twice he destroyed my unit of Swordmasters with them)

Malorian
13-06-2008, 18:52
With so little coming up the middle the opponent will be able to have a lot of models turn to face the edges, makig life hard for the gorgers.

I don't think skrag and his gorgers become viable until 3000.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
The dice that that person used against u is european as they measure range in centimetres rather than inces.
eg inches are 2.5 centimetres, so 2" = 5 cm 4" = 10 cm 6" =15 cm 8" =20 cm and 10" = 25cm

BigRob
I've never heard of a dice that does that, you were well and truely robbed.

OP, i'd get the trappers, they have always been a pain in games I have seen. The gorger list wins big against gunlines, and units that hug the table edges, but if your unlucky the gorgers take a while turning up and can get shot apart. Fast moving armies will be more difficult.

Skrag is very good, much better than gresus as a special character.

Good Luck

minionboy
13-06-2008, 18:57
Haha, yeah, you got cheated.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
13-06-2008, 18:57
Big rob, in relation to what u sed, I no this guy who has a really annoying wood elf army ( tonnes of fast cavalry, warhawks, treeman some dryads and some other stuff...) how the hell do u beat it!

monkeymatt
13-06-2008, 18:59
Ohh I think the dice he used were the 40k ones(Well in 40k you do get alot of shots so I pressume it's that plus he did say before that they were the wrong dice went off for a min then came back with the same ones and used them)

pkain762
13-06-2008, 23:37
yeah you were cheated... the leadbelchers only get a max of 10 shots..... still an awesome unit though if you ask me....

i also have to agree with molarian.... skrag isn't viable till about 3000 points.... gorgers are good.... and six of them are nasty... however.... you still need the ironguts..... bulls..... yhettees.....

and you only have 3 ironguts? ironguts are a much needed unit... at 2000 points i never leave home with atleast two units of 3 ironguts..... my 2k list looks something like this

tyrant w/tenderiser, gutmaw wyrdstone

butcher bangstick, HC

butcher Hellheart (i just love that item, i play a lot of VC)

bruiser BSB dragon hide ( i usually run another butcher but i am going to try a BSB)

2* 3 ironguts

4* 3 bulls

24 gnoblars

4* 2 Leadbelchers

that's it right there.....

i know people are going to say " you should take a gorger, and yhettees and this and that"

well i don't have the models so i think for the models i have that's a pretty descent list

kain

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
14-06-2008, 05:21
Pkain762, in relation to what u sed, I might drop a couple o' gorgers ( and some upgrades) to squeeze in another unit ofironguts. I'm gonna play this army with 2 units of ironguts and then 1, see which works better and which i prefer.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
14-06-2008, 05:26
Ohh I think the dice he used were the 40k ones(Well in 40k you do get alot of shots so I pressume it's that plus he did say before that they were the wrong dice went off for a min then came back with the same ones and used them)

Nope. I've been playing 40k for a Gd three years and have come face to face against every army ( and subsequently crushed them ( bar orks and Tau).
That dice he used isn't part of the game at all. as i sed, it is for europeans so they can measure how far their cannon bounces(etc) cos they measure in centimeters.
Also thank u every one so far with the tips, but do u think this list 'll work?

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
14-06-2008, 05:42
just to ask. If anyone wud be kind enuf, to check out my vamp list ( on this forum under the name first vampire list ever). thnx to malorian 4 alredy checkin it out, and i have made some changes to it to malorian.