PDA

View Full Version : The Warstore is unproffesional!

RedSarge
13-06-2008, 22:16
MODs feel free to move this to another section if you must.

I recently ordered from the Warstore (second time I ordered) with hopes that I would get a good deal. The items I ordered were 3 Baneblade HB turrets and 2 Deathwatch/Inquisitorial Termy shoulder pads.

Now when I ordered these items on the site there was no indication of any stock shortages, at all! If the site has a shortage of any item your ordering it will become yellow and tell you to order a smaller amount of whatever item it is.

None of this occured! So I thought I was good to go... wrong!
A day later I get a series of emails from "Neal@thewarstore" although sometimes its not Neal at all. However, I did not check my email until a day after said emails. To my surprise they had changed the order, refunded the difference in dollars, then shipped it out again! :wtf:

I had no time to say "Hey, maybe I would like to cancel my order." or react at all. So now I'am paying $10.00 USD to ship two little shoulder pads and a single HB turret from a Baneblade. ARGH! This really made me mad!

Shipping for anything larger than my thumb is a whopping $10.00USD because it must be put in a box. I don't know about you Warseer but I think a one single Baneblade HB turret would fit in a bubble package...

I sent a reply to Neal about my opinion on what they did, including I will not be ordering from them again. Such a huge shipping charge for what I ordered make me think they're a bunch of crooks!

The Warstore also owes me a bit I ordered from them that they said they would put in my next order.... I wouldn't be surprised if they "forgot" it.

RedSarge out.
Yeah I spelled unprofessional wrong, sorry.

Valo
13-06-2008, 22:24
Check with any company,shipping is super expensive as soon as you cross a border.......But before you get too worked up about it,call themtalk to neil....and he'll work something out,I've dealt with him TONS of times before,and he's always found a way to work stuff out.

but CALL,don't e-mail.

IncrediSteve
13-06-2008, 22:26
Always been great in my Experience.

One warstore Caveat is that shipping is $10 no matter what you order. You order one shoulder pad, or you order 3 baneblades and a megaforce, your shipping will be $10.

another possibility is that the Warstore's bits service comes BattleWagon Bitz, who joined them, and had a lot of customer service issues when they were independent; perhaps some of those same staff are still committing their foul deeds, now at the WarStore?

EVIL INC
13-06-2008, 22:31
You are the absolute first person I have ever seen say anything bad about thewarstore. I have always heard steller reviews about them and when my fiance made my order, he went out of his way to sell me an "item" that he later said he could not sell. I had e-mailed him and asked if he could sell me the imperial gaurd company deal that GW had even though it was direct only from GW. He said sure but he would have to charge a lil more 25% off ($229 and change *which included shipping* which was STILL well below GW's price of $250 plus shipping) Later, he found that he couldnt afford to sell the direct only deals like that but as he had already given me his word, he lived up to it and sold it to us for the price he quoted to me. I have only good things to say about thewarstore and Niel.
I say give him some time to reply to your e-mail before you go too far out of your way to try to shut his business down because he really is a good guy and he does indeed run a good proffesional business.

RedSarge
13-06-2008, 22:34
IncrediSteve: Shipping has been 4.95 for me on my last order because the items we smaller bits.

Valo: Maybe I will phone him, but I don't have much to say.
Btw Amazing magnets has great shipping as do most people at Bricklink. (Even shops all the way in France!) But regardless of how cheap or expensive shipping is from various stores I think the Warstore pulled a foul. Charging me without asking me if I would like to cancel or change my order.
Now I have to wait for my partial refund to clear, then possibly get charged by paypal to have it placed back in my bank account.. ugh!

RCgothic
13-06-2008, 23:08
To me it sounds like the issue is this:

They couldn't supply all the requested parts.
A Reduced order was shipped without first checking with the customer.
Obviously due to fixed shipping costs a reduced order is not the same value as a larger one.
If the original order could not be met the customer should have been given the chance to adjust or cancel the order.

SquishySquig
13-06-2008, 23:14
:skull: Well no body is perfect and that holds for buisinesses too. I think you should give them a call, after you have cooled down a bit as it will be easier to discuss the problem. Once I received an order missing a model, I called them up and it was sent right out to me no problem. My wife and I have made numerous orders from the Warstore and think it's the best place ever. Sorry your experiances haven't been good. :skull:

Norsehawk
13-06-2008, 23:46
I've made many orders with the warstore, and while I have had a few problems in the past, Neal has always gone out of his way to make things right for me.

The biggest problem was before they started putting the person's number on the orders that they picked. I ordered a Leman Russ Demolisher, recieved a Leman Russ, I email him say that I did need a russ anyway, and that he will send a Demolisher out for half price with free shipping, I get another Leman Russ. 3rd try was the charm and I got my Demolisher.

The only other problem was a bits order purchase. I ordered 200 circular bases, when they arrived, I counted em and ended up with 156, emailed Neal, he said on the next order remind him of the missing bases and he will send me the extra bases. When I placed my next order, I mentioned it in the note and there were 60 bases in the box.

I like the warstore so much, I almost neglect my local game store since they don't offer a discount at all, and the gaming tables there always have stock all over them or guys playing cardboard crack games.

Lionsbane
13-06-2008, 23:55
I would be very surprised if Neal doesn't send the rest of your items as soon as he has them without charging shipping again. I've ordered from them tons and every issue has been handled very well. I ordered a vallejo paint set that came with two of one color and missing another, called them up and three days later had the missing paint pot.

Lord_Squinty
14-06-2008, 00:21
Is the Warstore connected to Warseer??

toymaker
14-06-2008, 00:23
I've had nothing but good experience with them. I had a box rip and lost my paint and ink. They replaced it the next day, got it in 2 days

szlachcic
14-06-2008, 00:29
I don't understand why you are paying $10 for shipping, it is only a $4.95 flat rate, which I love. I guess if you are only ordering bits it sucks, but due to the warstore's discount I usually only place an order if it is larger and therefor the shipping is a steal.

I also have to say I have never had bad service from them either. I have had multiple orders that have included things releasing on certain dates and have had no problems with splitting up the orders. Also, I have received my Advance Order items from them before the actual sale date which is cool as well. All said, the Warstore is probably the best place I have bought anything miniatures-related.

It sounds like you haven't really tried to contact Neal and explain your problem. I would do this and see how it all works out before you start bad-mouthing his business.

Edit: I just noticed you are Canadian, so disregard that first statement.

Templar Ben
14-06-2008, 01:00
Is the Warstore connected to Warseer??

Other then advertising and the number of purchases, no.

Lord_Squinty
14-06-2008, 01:04
Thanks TemplarBen, the way the OP was describing it / posting here - I thought it might be..

cerealkiller195
14-06-2008, 01:17
i have never had a problem with warstore at all, and i've been dealing with them exclusively for the past couple of years. If i had any problems a speedy email was sent back with the solution and the parts came within 1-2 days. Never had any delays and i have even received emails if i wanted to add/change to order if there was a shortage.

Joah_from_Alberta
14-06-2008, 01:28
I will say this, if it were not for shipping, America would already be sunk.

TheDarkDuke
14-06-2008, 01:28
Used them once so far and it had no issues what so ever. I ordered:

10 Basic Space Marines on Sprue
2x Multi Meltas
1x Plasma Rifle
36x 12mm Green Transparent Chessex Dice

Shipping took about two weeks (I live near Toronto) everything was there and in perfect condition. I got tons of updates on my order from, received the order, to order being picked, to order shipped. Great Service... almost over the top! I can not say anything bad about them in the least.

MrMojoZ
14-06-2008, 01:41
Did you post this here BEFORE calling and talking to them? Pretty lame, Millhouse.

Nephilim of Sin
14-06-2008, 02:13
I will say this, if it were not for shipping, America would already be sunk.

:confused:

How? If everything (Warhammer) is cheaper here, and shipping is usually the thing that keeps people from ordering, then wouldn't that mean people would only be ordering from the US?

As to the OP, the best thing to do would have been to resolve the issue with them over the phone before posting a thread for their target customers to read. Mistakes happen, and they are said to have excellent customer service. It is instances like these that make me hesitant selling on E-bay with their new feedback regulations.

Crazy Harborc
14-06-2008, 02:31
I have always had good results doing business with The Warstore and the people there. Over the years there has been a minor glitch or two. Problems were taken care of quickly. I called neal and got good results. I say give the place another shot.

Do contact them by phone. Do voice your opinion(s) about this order. Be calm, be polite, deal with The Warstore as you wish them to deal with you;)

Plastic Rat
14-06-2008, 03:19
Did you consider calling or e-mailing them and giving them a day to respond before you hopped onto your favourite forum to whinge and attack their reputation? I've ordered from them numerous times and so have a number of my friends and they rank up there as one of the most professional and courteous stores we've dealt with. They area always prompt and thorough in replying to e-mail and have gone out of their way in the past to help us change orders or add stuff we needed to.

Additionally, since GW no longer sells bits, the Warstore's bits service is as much a service to the public as it is a form of revenue for them. I highly doubt it's generating enough money to justify having to deal with whiny customers who are apparently just looking for an excuse to slam them.

So dry those tears, untwist those panties and give them a call or an e-mail. If you give them a moment to respond to your highness' wishes I'm sure you'll be most satisfied.

Paradox
14-06-2008, 03:33
I simply love the Warstore.

I live in Australia and a month or two ago I ordered the BfM terrain piece. Shipping was about $4 from memory and I had it within a week.

Either way- I have no idea how old you are, nor how impaired your social interactions may be, but posting a thread like that on a public board before you've even attempted to resolve the matter with the business in question makes you appear to be an A grade ****. Posting here will not solve your problem- I dare say it'll probably make working through the issue with the Warstore somewhat tougher- so perhaps next time, use the ten minutes it took to type your post to give them a call and see what you can work out.

shabbadoo
14-06-2008, 03:52
I've ordered three times form the Warstore. Perfect every time, and with great communication. I always place my order by phone, so any concerns I have can be dealt with by a real person(which as actually been Neal himself every single time).

Necros
14-06-2008, 04:00
This is the first time I ever saw anything bad said about the warstore.. so I'd have to say this is prolly a fluke...

Pika_power
14-06-2008, 04:10
People, he did get screwed over.

At this point in time, the warstore is in the wrong, not him.

While I admit he could choose to act differently, with more intelligence, he is allowed to report here. After all, no one bashes anyone posting stories about how they ordered a warhound, got it missing a part, so got another one completely free.

ctsteel
14-06-2008, 05:02
it could be a misunderstanding over the order as well - they might have placed the other items on backorder and amended the first order to be the actual shipped parts, for checking against the packing list. And when the missing items come in stock they'll send them out for free. This type of thing can happen.

But I don't know for sure as I can't see what your communications with them were, and you won't know for sure either until you give them the benefit of the doubt and contact them to enquire what happened. If they stonewall you and refuse to sort something out, then consider making a (polite, informed) rant about it, but not before.

lord_gundam
14-06-2008, 05:15
Well i know Neal and The Warstore for more 4 years. Last Year i visit him is most honest person i know. The Warstore are the best, if you have problem
some order send a mail or call him you can see telphone on the web-page

give opportunity to him ok :)

all shipping are $4.95 ok

Note: No one have best price and best sells bits in US or world that Why i call
Warstore best Tactical Games Store and MIniatujres Hobby

Malevon
14-06-2008, 06:11
I love the Warstore (Battlewagon Bits in particular) -- many of the conversions I do would not be possible without them. Entire armies would never have been happened, or would have cost many times more. That said, I haven't always had the greatest experiences buying from them; if they can only supply you with part of an order, they don't tell you, they just don't bill you for it or send it to you, which can be confusing for someone who doesn't look very carefully through their bills. Also, I have once ordered bits from there (Empire handgunner left arms) and received the wrong thing (right arms from the same kit...). Sometimes they take a long time to respond to emails, or don't respond at all, but often they respond very quickly. They're generally nice and courteous and happy to correct mistakes in my experience though.

On the other hand, they are much more professional than, say, Forgeworld, who might have the greatest customer service in the industry, but seem to screw up most of their orders, at least until recently.

Regardless of their occasional screw-ups, the Warstore's bits service is an invaluable tool for converters.

They don't have the best prices for GW stuff though. Gorilla Tactics (http://www.tauonline.org/GorillaTacticsGamersUnion.php).

Ronin_eX
14-06-2008, 08:30
I order everything I can from Neal. Always great service and the few times I've gotten a miscast or something he's been great at fixing the problem post haste (usually just strikes it from the bill even if it's a two figure blister with only one miscast in it).

Shipping is quick as I've had from most places and like anywhere else the shipping can be expensive but it's more than worth it for big orders. I tend to let my order wants build over time and then send off for one big order. At that point $25.00CDN shipping still has it coming out to less than I'd pay Canadian at an LGS.

DarkMark
14-06-2008, 08:44
Email is the best form of comms here as everything is in writing so to speak, and importantly is free. International phone calls are very expensive, and calling a company from abroad would probably eat into any saving that could have been made.

Dais
14-06-2008, 08:45
i had a similar situation from them where they were out of stock of a blister and they sent it about a week later with no shipping charge. even at 10 dollars its still a great deal on shipping for anything that isnt in an envelope these days.

Blackwolf
14-06-2008, 08:45
I have been dealing with Neal for off and on for around 9 years. I try to support local stores whenever I can and only order when my FLGS can't meet my needs. During that time I have never had a bad experience. It does happen as business' grow that sometimes things happen however I think that if you call Neal he will work it out with you fairly.

Paradox
14-06-2008, 09:10

Aye- but I don't think anyone is calling the OP a liar, more criticising the way he has handled the situation at the time of the first post.

the1stpip
14-06-2008, 09:43
You are the absolute first person I have ever seen say anything bad about thewarstore.

Then allow me to be the second, I have also had similar issues this week. Either he is getting sloppy about the business, or there is a major problem.

I never had these poblems before he took BWB over.

Hicks
14-06-2008, 13:37
Bad move on their part, but I agree that if you ask nicelly they will do all they can to resolve the situation.

Heck, I had a small problem when BWBitz changed hands and Neal helped me even though he had nothing to do with said problem.

Plastic Rat
14-06-2008, 13:49

While I admit he could choose to act differently, with more intelligence, he is allowed to report here. After all, no one bashes anyone posting stories about how they ordered a warhound, got it missing a part, so got another one completely free.

Stores make mistakes, especially one dealing in such high volume as The Warstore, there are simply more chances to make mistakes. As can be seen from the feedback by most of the posters, this doesn't appear to happen often.

I'd say labeling them as 'unprofessional' on the front page of an internet forum BEFORE he's even bothered to communicate with them and give them a chance to fix it is what's annoying most posters. Heck, for all he knows, Neil is going to bill his credit card and mail him the rest of the order free of charge when it comes in. Maybe he did him a favour and sent the first part along pronto so he didn't have to wait. Point is he didn't even bother to send them an e-mail before coming in here and starting a topic labeling them as 'unprofessional'.

Then allow me to be the second, I have also had similar issues this week. Either he is getting sloppy about the business, or there is a major problem.

I never had these poblems before he took BWB over.

Any chance you could be specific on what problems you had?

RedSarge
14-06-2008, 17:31
Plastic Rat: YES I did send them an email about the issue and it has been 3 days since then, no response yet.

I'd rather not rack up my phone bill on calling Neal long distance to explain that an order already charged and shipped should have been cancelled.

BTW I don't think this is Neal that im dealing with but some guy named Rob as a few emails had his name. (Maybe some ex BWB employee?)

DarkMark: Exactly. But I might end up calling him anyways if my email does not get a response.

lord_gundam: All shipping is not 4.95, check the Warstore website.

ctsteel: I doubt I wil be recieving any large bits for FREE.

Charax
14-06-2008, 17:42
Heck, for all he knows, Neil is going to bill his credit card and mail him the rest of the order free of charge when it comes in. Maybe he did him a favour and sent the first part along pronto so he didn't have to wait.

Even if this were the case, the professional thing to do is to contact the customer before dicking about with their order, even if it is to the eventual benefit of the customer - you do NOT start messing about with a customer's order without them knowing and just assume that's ok.

RedSarge is right, in this particular case, TheWarstore have acted unprofessionally. it may not reflect on other people's experiences, and it may not be typical of their usual operating practices, but they have been unprofessional in this situation.

He's allowed to broadcast his dissatisfaction with this situation with TheWarstore (although I'd have put it in Other GW, as this isn't really specific to 40K). Public airing of grievances against companies that operate online and are reliant on word-of-mouth is one of the best ways to effect change.

Hope this situation is resolved to your satisfaction, RedSarge - I've considered ordering from them, but I'll put it on hold until I see how this turns out - I don't particularly like how this reflects on them.

Sleazy
14-06-2008, 19:03
only used them once and was very impressed. I ordered a load of lasguns, a novel. crashed aguila and some bfsp goblins (prob some other bitz too) . when it all arrived i noticed that despite charging me the standard $4 postage it had cost them about $20 to ship (before we take into account cost of the box etc).

they must have actually made a loss on my order but did it anyway

Vic
14-06-2008, 19:04
Yeah, heres a thought:

You're complaining about unprofessionalism? You have a problem with the Warstore or Neal, how about dealing with Neal and the Warstore directly rather than airing out your dirty laundry on a public forum and trying to drag their good name through the mud? Ive been buying stuff from Neal since before he had the store and sold via ebay, I have NEVER had a problem with him or his service.

Hows about reading about the shipping rates to Canada before placing an order? Never thought of it?
Heres what it says: "Canadian Orders Hello to our neighbor to the north! Canadian orders ship at a lower rate than other international shipments, between $10.00 and $30.00 per order. We use USPS Global Priority Mail for fast (usually less than a week) shipping to Canada."

What part of that didnt you get? You know what, I think they'll be better off if you dont order from them again. From your low post count and the way you started this, Im thinking your trying to shake Neal down.

Only second time you ordered from the Warstore, yet you already know that the emails arent always from Neal. So they dont hear from you for a day, and your moaning about them trying to resend you your shipment. You say you had no time to react to the email? 24 hours isnt enough?

The problems not them. The problem is YOU.

RedSarge
14-06-2008, 19:20
Vic: I was aware of the shipping costs for canadian orders. And in fact I decided that if I was going to pay $10.00 US I might aswell make a larger order.

The Warstore screwed with my order without my consent. Resulting in me paying $10.00 US to ship 2 little plastic shoulder pads and a single Baneblade HB turret, both capable of fitting in a small bubble package. (They did not refund nor reduce my shipping cost)

You think I want to pay ten dollars on shipping for such a small order like that!? No! I would rather order a larger quantity of bits to actually fill that box the Warstore is sending me. If it DOES come in a box I don't know if I should be amused or offended.

What does my post count have to do with anything?

Richter Kless
14-06-2008, 19:21
Yeah, heres a thought:

You're complaining about unprofessionalism? You have a problem with the Warstore or Neal, how about dealing with Neal and the Warstore directly rather than airing out your dirty laundry on a public forum and trying to drag their good name through the mud? Ive been buying stuff from Neal since before he had the store and sold via ebay, I have NEVER had a problem with him or his service.

Hows about reading about the shipping rates to Canada before placing an order? Never thought of it?
Heres what it says: "Canadian Orders Hello to our neighbor to the north! Canadian orders ship at a lower rate than other international shipments, between $10.00 and $30.00 per order. We use USPS Global Priority Mail for fast (usually less than a week) shipping to Canada."

What part of that didnt you get? You know what, I think they'll be better off if you dont order from them again. From your low post count and the way you started this, Im thinking your trying to shake Neal down.

Only second time you ordered from the Warstore, yet you already know that the emails arent always from Neal. So they dont hear from you for a day, and your moaning about them trying to resend you your shipment. You say you had no time to react to the email? 24 hours isnt enough?

The problems not them. The problem is YOU.

I am so reporting you sir.

What irritates me, is how people love to bash, burn and maim GWs name to their hearts content. But now that poor little Neil for once is criticised, everyone jumps to his defence like he is the saint of shopkeepers and call the OP a jerk. (indirectly)

I have never ordered from this company, so I wont say anything about it, but perhaps this is just a simple screw up and there is no need for everyone to get all worked up. (talking to both camps here)

Vic
14-06-2008, 19:25
Im worked up because Neal and his store have always been top rate, and I even defend GW when someone tries to drag them down, and Im no fanboi of GW, so what's your point. Someone puts an unjustified and inflamatory post like this on Warseer about a very fair business and Im supposed to just sit there and let them? No sir. Please report me. Hell, I'll let the mods know myself.

zeep
14-06-2008, 19:31
Yeah, heres a thought:

...What part of that didnt you get? You know what, I think they'll be better off if you dont order from them again. From your low post count and the way you started this, Im thinking your trying to shake Neal down....

...The problems not them. The problem is YOU.

What in the world could his post count have to do with this issue? Personally attacking somebody who takes his time to warn others of potential problems with a corporations service? You don't have to agree with the OP, and can even refute him... but to come out like with blatantly false accusations not only robs your counter arguments of validity, but shows a strong level of bias that casts clear doubt on your stance in general.

He is a customer. When unsatisfied with a company he has the right to come to a public forum, or even stand outside their store with a picket sign, and let others know so that they have more information for any purchase they wish to make. He placed an order with the warstore, it was not filled to his satisfaction. Accusations of a "Shake Down" are just a little over the top.

philbrad2
14-06-2008, 19:32
This thread is not 40K specific and therefore I'm moving it to a suitable forum.

Please keep comments related to companies and services and not individuals if this descends into a whinefest it will be closed. You have been warned.

PhilB
:chrome:
+ WarSeer Mod Team +

FAQ
http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php
POSTING GUIDLINES
http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines

Kroot Lord
14-06-2008, 19:41
Vic, you disgust me. This guy is just a forumer, and despite him not having your UBER OMMFG POST COUNT (of 700-800 posts...)11!!11oneoneshift!!11one!! he is making a normal complaint about something that was not his fault and something that he could not have influenced or changed in anyway. He is warning us that The War Store does infact make mistakes that should not have been made, and you should appreciate that.

So, your point is:

The War Store is an awesome store, and because it is so awesome and has been to you, nobody is allowed to tell us, Warseer users, that they made a mistake which they should not ever have made.

Good luck defending yourself!

philbrad2
14-06-2008, 19:54
Right cease with the attacks now!

A number of posters on here are very happy with the Warstore and their service and RED SARGE you are not, its you privilege here air what your not happy with. If a trader has given shoddy services and you've a genuinely bad experience with them you should certainly let other people know about it in a constructive manner. WARSTORE's shipping conditions look pretty straight forward to me (http://www.thewarstore.com/InternationalOrders.html)

This thread devolving into some thinly veiled personal attacks. As such I'm locking it. While everyone takes their fingers of their PC 'triggers'

PhilB
:chrome:
+ WarSeer Mod Team +

FAQ
http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php
POSTING GUIDLINES
http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines

RedSarge
16-06-2008, 23:18
Sorry Philbrad2 I sent you a PM and you were online but you never responded.

Ok just to make things right here is an update on the situation.

3 days after I had recieved the series of emails telling me that my order was changed, partially refunded for what was missing from it, then shipped off. (Without my consent) I recieved a reply to my email from Neal himself.

Basically he was sick and away from work so he could not reply quickly, understandable. (I have some sort of flu equipped with a random fever... it sucks)
Neal explained to me that the Warstore tries to get orders filled quickly and sometimes this can lead to mistakes. Again this is understandable dealing with a such a high volume of orders can and will cause eventual mistakes. (My job is the same)
Neal also told me that because GW has decided to make part of the Baneblade available as bits it has made it difficult for them.

Neal refunded my "entire" shipping cost on the order!
It was one hell of a mix up but I think it turned out ok. If I do order from them again it will be by phone.

DONE> *lock*