PDA

View Full Version : What to Add: WE 2k to 2250

northwoodDreamer
14-06-2008, 04:51
So one must choose a Fantasy Army in the scroll down tab, but WE is not an option. That needs to be fixed!

Anyways, my friends and I usually play 2k games however we have decided to test out 2250 seeing as how that seems to be a popular amount of points. Anyways I'm having trouble adding the additional 250 pts. I added the common Alter Noble but don't know what to do my other 86 points. Here's my list as is:

Highborn w/ Alter Kindred, BoL, Arcane Bodkins, Great Weapon, Light Armour, Amaranthine Brooch

Spellsinger (General) w/ Level 2, Dispel Scroll

Spellsinger w/ 2 Dispel Scrolls

Noble w/ Alter Kindred, HotH, HoDA, Light Armour, Great Weapon, Shield

3 x 10 Glade Guard (Spellsingers tend to stick with these units)
2 x 8 Dryads
5 Glade Riders w/ Musician

2 x 7 Wardancers
4 Warhawk Riders
5 Wild Riders w/ Musician

6 Waywatchers
1 Great Eagle

Total = 2164 pts

tanka
15-06-2008, 12:38
If your not adverse to changing the list slightly, drop the level 2 upgrade, drop the eagle, take a treeman, leaving you 50pts.
I'd then drop 1 waywatcher, 1 warhawk rider and 1 wardancer and that would allow the alter noble as well.

If you want to stick with the list in it's current form, I'd take another unit of dryads, to afford this you'd have to drop the level 2 upgrade and take another scroll instead. I would consider this, as I don't think 5PD is going to worry anyone.

Just options though.

northwoodDreamer
16-06-2008, 00:35
tanka, while it makes plenty of sense to go with your first change and throw in a Treeman the three things I'm the most attached to in this army are the eagle, waywatchers, and my lord. It was actually a combination of the new eagle model and the waywatchers' rules that drew me to WE. However I decided to kind of take you advice and go for Tree Kin. I still have that unnecessary level 2 on my general (it was really just a way to distinguish between the general and the other spellsinger) and I'm still open to any advice! Here's my list as it stands:

1 Highborn w/ BoL, Arcane Bodkins, Glamourweave, Great Weapon, Light Armour, Shield, Alter
1 Noble w/ HoDA, HotH, Great Weapon, Light Armour, Shield, Alter
1 Spellsinger w/ Level 2, Dispel Scroll (general)
1 Spellsinger w/ 2 Dispel Scrolls

3 x 10 Glade Guard
2 x 8 Dryads
5 Glade Riders w/ Musician

2 x 7 Wardancers
4 Warhawk Riders
3 Tree Kin

1 Great Eagle
6 Waywatchers

Total = 2240 pts