PDA

View Full Version : best looking army

asdfghjkl
15-06-2008, 00:30
pretty simple really.... my vote goes for necrons.... all the models apart from the destroyer lord and monolith are perfect!

tyrannids a close second.....

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
15-06-2008, 00:33
Why aren't the Inquisition, Imperial Guard and Dark Eldar on the list, not to mention the new Daemons? All four of those armies are very aesthetically awesome, in my opinion.

kharnage
15-06-2008, 00:34
chaos with no dubt! i have a world eaters army and started blood pact ( renegade ig who follows khorne ) and chaos daemos pure khorne!

Aurellis
15-06-2008, 00:37
A well painted Tyranid army balanced with hordes and MC's always looks fantastic on the tabletop

Mordant 33
How can you ask which is the best looking army without all the armies as an option?

Necrotyr18
pretty simple really.... my vote goes for necrons.... all the models apart from the destroyer lord and monolith are perfect!

Necrons, really?

I've been playing them for 3.5 years now and in no way do I find them beautiful. Now don't get me wrong you can paint them well and they will always be my favorite army but the models are so..MEH. The new Skulltaker alone will always look better then a whole necron army will ever.

Sorry, just my opinion, feel free to disagree.
My vote is for tyrannids, so many different options.

Slaaneshi Slave
15-06-2008, 00:41
Sisters of Battle, without a doubt. Pitty you missed them off the poll. :rolleyes:

Eetion
My vote would go to the sisters... such crafting on the power armour, done well it can be amazing.... 2nd vote goes to Eldar.

Light of the Emperor
IG look really awesome all arrayed on a table. There are so many different guard ranges each with its own appeal.

Mulrak
15-06-2008, 00:50
Witch Hunter for sure. The Gothic/Medeival appeal to them and fine detail each one of them has sculpted is just pure amazing(though time consuming to paint) You can also convert them in so many ways it just awesome.

I believe the OP is guilty of Heresy for not putting us on the poll.

*Slides his Inferno Pistol from the holster*

Subtext
15-06-2008, 00:52
1. Imperial Guard (especially Forgeworld)
2. Witch Hunters

P.S. The Poll sucks!

Hicks
15-06-2008, 00:58
I voted space marines, because they really define the WH40K look. Nothing in the army looks bad and the models are the best when taken individualy (compared to say IG, who look great too, but in numbers).

The_Outsider
15-06-2008, 01:39
Hmm, seems DE aren't on the list..........

Kulgur
15-06-2008, 03:43
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder tbh :)

Iron Father
15-06-2008, 03:50
Tie between daemons and grey knights

sigur
15-06-2008, 04:04
For me, it's still Eldar. It takes some work but painted by a skilled person who is willed to invest some time, Eldar armies have the potential to look better than the rest. SoB also have beatiful miniatures (in my opinion superior to Eldar even) on an individual level, but Eldar can look the best as an army.

IG tend to look dull unless the owner does something spectacular with the models.
Space Marines are a bunch of robot-looking dudes with blocky tanks, all in one or two colours.
Tau look cumbersome too and people too often shy away from using flashy colours.
Chaos is dark, so are daemons (most of the time). Other than that, they are Space Marines.
Tyranids are too many to look spectacular and allow for little variation (at least the armies I've seen so far).
Orks can look great but don't really reflect painting skills well.
Necrons ....well....*laughs*.:rolleyes:

EightBall
15-06-2008, 04:57
Grey Knight Terminators. They don't need to be an army to be the best looking one! :p

I would say my favourite mass-arrayed, multiple unit army is definitely Death Korps of Krieg IG. Too bad I can't afford them.

Would the OP mind returning to this thread to explain his motivations for writing this poll and not including all the codexes?

Shadowheart
15-06-2008, 05:11
Space Marines or Eldar, tough call to make. Space Marines win out as being more iconic and evocative of 40K, whereas the Eldar are more elegant and varied. Either way it's Jes Goodwin's work. His Sisters of Battle are awesome as well, but that's really only one design with little variation.

Mind you, my personal favourites are the Guard, but part of their appeal is that they don't look spectacular. Though they are good at looking impressive, if there are enough of them.

Gunner
15-06-2008, 05:19
Imperial Guard hands down!
Ohh, the possibilities!

Spectral Dragon
15-06-2008, 05:25
My vote would have gone to daemonhunters, had it been available. From the list given I have to say I have seen some very awesome necron armies.

ImperiusDominatus
15-06-2008, 05:50
One of the best looking armies I've ever seen was a mechanized Death Korps force based on WWII German Panzergrenadiers. It looked brilliant. Also, I love the Sisters models; an entire army of them looks very impressing.

... Oh. Well I guess I'll have to abstain from voting then.

Odd_Motorbike_Guy
15-06-2008, 08:01
Where's the Deathwing option?

Who doesn't love an army full of Terminators?

What about the Grey Knights?

Condottiere
15-06-2008, 08:39
SoBs - which other range of models could be so appealing? Which does bring up the question, why weren't they included in the poll?

AbyssRaven
15-06-2008, 10:57
Theme:
Necrons (they have that slowly advancing uniform look)
Tyranids
Eldar(bar jetbikes)

But honestly it varies player to player, more then anythign for stock models i would have to say i love some of the Eldar models.

Best army(s) i have ever seen:
true scale emperors children pre-heresy. log is on here, the one with the amazing jet bikes
Australian light horse IG

My favourite 2

lain2k3
15-06-2008, 11:01
I would have voted Imperial Guard normally, but I saw several Eldar Armies at Games Day that absolutely blew my mind.

I think lightly converted, well posed wraithlords, and Howling Banshees are some of the best looking models in 40k.

Doomseer
15-06-2008, 11:14
I voted Eldar, the models are so clean, elegant and stylish, though I agree with earlier posts, Marines are the enduring icon of 40K and it was hard not to pick them for that!

Gaebriel
15-06-2008, 11:23
Easy - Sisters of Battle :)

Robineng
15-06-2008, 11:58
I would have voted Imperial Guard but they're not on the poll. :(

Koryphaus
15-06-2008, 12:00
Personally, I think Eldar.

But I voted Space Marines, coz in just a couple of very short months, they will look so mad..

the nightbringer
15-06-2008, 12:10
I bet you wish you tought it though. Missing everyones favorites.

anyway my vote has to be with IG because they are so flexible and any painting stlye goes. but they not there as well. oh well

Sir_Turalyon
15-06-2008, 12:19
None of above. I would have voted on Sisters of Battle, few Imperial Guard regiments or old Orks (in that order), but for some reason none appear in poll...

If I narrow my vote to this "best looking among worse looking armies" question, it would be Chaos Marines (enough variety to make good looking armies), or Dark Angels -they look best of basic MEQs.

Spell_of_Destruction
15-06-2008, 12:21
I voted Eldar...obviously. Whether or not you actually like the look of the Eldar (I know some people who hate it) I think it's difficult to for anyone to deny that their current model range is spectacular and probably the best.

I also have a soft spot for IG tanks.

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
15-06-2008, 13:20
Chaos without doubt ! just look at the daemons traitors and heretoics - how could i possibly vote other force ?

Corrupt
15-06-2008, 14:03
Would have voted guard for the variation and possiblities I've seen, but they werent there.
Second choice were DH and WH for the sisters and Grey knights but they weren't there either, so I abstain

Malachai
15-06-2008, 14:12
It totally depends on how armies are painted/converted.
Well-painted i can enjoy allmost everything.

Lord-Gen Bale Chambers
15-06-2008, 14:15
I didn't vote. Top three choices aren't listed.

1. Sisters of Battle
2. Daemon Hunters
3. Imperial Guard

I'd put Eldar 4th.

MeltaBombed
15-06-2008, 15:46
No vote for the IG :(

On conversion/paint/character scope alone the IG are the clear winners.

For an unconverted army; SoB, with Eldar just behind

Angelwing
15-06-2008, 15:56
I assume this is about best looking model range? Even bad models can look good if painted well.
Therefore:
Battle sisters
Tyranids
Grey Knights

Helferich
15-06-2008, 16:26
My vote goes to Grey Knights. The way they look is a huge factor in why I chose them. Simply elegant.

Iron Father
15-06-2008, 17:15
Who doesn't love an army full of Terminators?

Lol people that have to play against them :p

Lord of Nonsensical Crap
15-06-2008, 17:27
That is it. I now officially demand that the user put Witch Hunters, Daemonhunters, IG, Dark Eldar and Daemons on the poll. Either that, or make a new poll including them.

Veloxnex
15-06-2008, 20:32
Grey knights, but they're not there....

Corporal Chaos
15-06-2008, 20:49
Eldar is my pick. They have so many varied and colorful schemes.

NearsightedFarseer
15-06-2008, 21:16
Eldar, i love the graceful design of their armour and tanks

Gunner
16-06-2008, 00:16
It's all about Guard, and I'll hear nothing other!!

What I'm working on http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139909

Kveld-Ulf
16-06-2008, 00:22
Why aren't the Inquisition, Imperial Guard and Dark Eldar on the list, not to mention the new Daemons? All four of those armies are very aesthetically awesome, in my opinion.

Can you really be asking how DARK ELDAR aren't on the list for best looking army, they were a non-competitor from the start!