PDA

View Full Version : Pestulent mucus & combat res...

creamygoodness
15-06-2008, 00:46
I finally got to play with my GUO and a rules question came up.

do wounds generated by pestulent mucus give combat res?

my GUO was flanked and enganged in the front and took 3 wounds, he had 4 models touching his front and 3 on his flank. my opponent failed 7 toughness tests giving me a net 4 combat res. :wtf: just seems kinda broken that hurting a GUO is better for him...

Chaos Mortal
15-06-2008, 11:32
i think most people agree it counts for combat resolution however the questiion that remains unanswered is how many max wounds can the enem in base combat take eg there are four in base contact and your GUO looses 3 wounds, how many people can die? the 4 in base contact or 12 because thats how many toughness tests have to be taken, at the moment i think no-one has a definitive answer.

Alathir
15-06-2008, 14:33

my GUO was flanked and enganged in the front and took 3 wounds, he had 4 models touching his front and 3 on his flank. my opponent failed 7 toughness tests giving me a net 4 combat res. :wtf: just seems kinda broken that hurting a GUO is better for him...

I believe they do and it doesn't seem broken at all - it seems 100% in character to me.

DeathlessDraich
15-06-2008, 17:23
i think most people agree it counts for combat resolution however the questiion that remains unanswered is how many max wounds can the enem in base combat take eg there are four in base contact and your GUO looses 3 wounds, how many people can die? the 4 in base contact or 12 because thats how many toughness tests have to be taken, at the moment i think no-one has a definitive answer.

I mentioned this in my Daemons commentary and there is a possible solution:

1) Mucus Wounds inflicted during close combat still count towards CR since it is inflicted in the close combat phase.

2) Mucus Wounds inflicted by shooting (Skaven) and magic (into combat e.g. Cleansing Flare) do not.

3) The GUO does not step forward to be in base contact when the enemy attacks but only when he attacks. – pg 36. i.e. he won't be in btb with enemy models *behind* those slain by the Mucus.
Back Models step forward only *after* their unit's attacks are over and not *during* their unit's attacks. Otherwise these back models can still attack - by pg 32’s rules

4) Therefore by (3) Only one Toughness test should be taken per group of equal Initiative e.g. 2 wounds inflicted by 4 models in base contact incurs 2 Toughness tests for each of the 4 models.

(4) of course is still heavily debated

Eigolas
14-07-2008, 20:57
Pestilent Mucus is when the daemon suffers a wound but do wounds suffered from failing an instability test also count?

ie; GUO loses combat by 1 and rolls a 10 losing combat by 2, taking 2 wounds from instability. Do the enemies in base contact then take toughness tests from Mucus?

DeathlessDraich
15-07-2008, 12:56
"for each wound *inflicted* on the Daemon"

It may seem that an enemy model has to inflict the wound but this is by no means certain.

I personally think that it would be complicate matters to apply PM for wounds caused by CR as this could then modify CR
i.e. -1 from CR causes Nurgle character to suffer 1 wound.
PM then inflicts a wound which should count towards CR.
CR is now drawn or won by Daemons
which means the Nurgle character should not have suffered a wound!

Eigolas
15-07-2008, 20:12
Wounds caused by CR won't modify CR, or at the very least shouldn't, as CR has already been calculated and done.

Though the wording on CR triggering Mucus could go either way, this really needs an FAQ like quite a few issues in the daemon book. :eyebrows:

Anyone know if one is on it's way soon? I mean, they haven't even put Daemons of Chaos on the UK website yet :wtf: