PDA

View Full Version : Male Lahmians?

nurgle_boy
24-10-2005, 20:00
this is somewhere between background, conversion work, and fantasy rulings, but hell, im gonna post it here, and if any mod thinks it to be the wrong place, move it please!

anyway, reading though the lahmian background, looking for a theme for another possible army, i came across the [art ofr background-

"...and consiquensly very few lahmians are males..."

so this means there are a few that are... dos anyone have any idea what they would look like< how they would fight/info on them/ how to model them?

it just seems to be something a little odd...

DeathMasterSnikch
24-10-2005, 20:06
They would have the same qualities as a female lahmian but they would be male.

In other words have my amazing manly charm ;)

*cough cough* anyway they would just be the same as a female. Attractive to the opposit sex so they can weasle into positions of power.

Arnizipal
24-10-2005, 20:09
They're probably not that much different from their female counterparts:beautiful, yet reclusive upper class humans.

nurgle_boy
24-10-2005, 20:15
aha... maybe some crazy eccentric noble...

his grave guard as dead friends and relatives, that he keeps in a room in his mansion, and they are his only friends.../

or am i just going overboard here...

or maybe i could just do a female lahmian.. though t would be hard to do a theme...
they dont have too much background on what they use much... apart from nobles...

samw
24-10-2005, 20:15
Immaculately well dressed and groomed, charming, sensitive...you sure about that OPPOSITE sex thing? ;)

EvC
24-10-2005, 20:43
Lahmian ladies mainly use their influence on already powerful males, so yes, there are male Lahmians, they just don't tend to reveal themselves. The Lahmian sub-list allows you to take another hero character- presumably if they do well enough then occasionally they get granted the blessing of eternal life.

Lady's Champion
24-10-2005, 20:49
They would basically be Von Carsteins!

DarkstarSabre
24-10-2005, 20:50
I can see male Lahmians being a bit like Dorian Gray.

Obsessed with their own appearance, vain, wealthy socialites.

A sort of Jane Austin novel's male character gone all vampy.

DeathMasterSnikch
24-10-2005, 22:01
Von carsteins gone camp! :D

Now I'm realy wanting to start a VC army :p

Deathmasterskon
24-10-2005, 22:13
Ahem. They exist in the fluff. But they would be really uncharacterful, because all the Lahmian powers are somewhat "feminine"/targeted at males. And the campire idea would just be silly!

samw
24-10-2005, 22:46
Actually I think it would be fabulous darling. :p

DeathMasterSnikch
25-10-2005, 00:35
Hey think about it.

Black is sooooo out, now our vamps can all wear pink and a lovely shade of maroon.

Skeletons are nice and thin, no need for much work on them. Zombies have a bit of a bad complexion but with some makeup they can look just dandy. With some no-more-wrinkles cream we can have our necromancers looking like they were 20. Dire poodles and Doom sausage dogs.

Male LVamps do exist. It's stated in the fluff, it's not like there isn't any high ranking females ( how they got there is another question ;) ) so if there are male lehmians that can get close it's all the better for the vamps.

samw
25-10-2005, 00:54
I am sooooo tempted to make that army! Obviously have to use a high elf character as a base, what with them being the campest race currently.

DeathMasterSnikch
25-10-2005, 00:58
Obviously not as tempted as me ;)
Im not tempted im doing it.

I can have the theme tune of eye of the tiger...Or killer queen :) yep killer queen. Suites a camp vamp :p

samw
25-10-2005, 01:00
Cool! Be sure to post some pics!

Wickerman71
25-10-2005, 01:12
ROFL; I guess Tom Cruise & Brad Pitt will have nothing on Deathmastersnikch's army.

Eldacar
25-10-2005, 07:08
Isn't the whole point of Lahmian vampires to riff on the theme of lesbianism in vampires?
No, that's the Cult of Pleasure. They're the ones who take that theme. Lahmians are just cashing in on female WHFB players... ;)

Post some pictures when you get it done, DeathmasterSnikch. It should be very interesting to get a look at.

TitusAndronicus
25-10-2005, 07:16
I always saw them as not dominant at all. More like a slave class traded between the females for breeding purposes only. Sort of a bloodlines issue.

nurgle_boy
25-10-2005, 08:03
Isn't the whole point of Lahmian vampires to riff on the theme of lesbianism in vampires?

now theres a thought... i could use the back of the book list, and take a damsel, and a lahmian vamp.

hmmm...

Rubberanvil
25-10-2005, 08:08
No, that's the Cult of Pleasure. They're the ones who take that theme. Lahmians are just cashing in on female WHFB players... ;)
Does that include young nubile crossdressing males (I thinking Guilty Gear's Bridget) being molested by both sexes?

Eldacar
25-10-2005, 11:04
I suppose it all depends on your perspective. It might.

Hideous Loon
26-10-2005, 18:47
This thread is going more and more Wastoid for each passing post, you understand? Still, the idea is fairly cool, although a bit strange. Why would anyone want a male Vampire whose only Bloodline powers are aimed at the opposite sex? Especially since there are not that many female minis in WHFB in the first place.

EvC
26-10-2005, 19:06
Don't be too naive, a decent male vampire could seduce most men... in theory...

DeathMasterSnikch
26-10-2005, 19:08
He can turn men into metrosexuals :-)

The Pale Lady
26-10-2005, 19:27
ROFL heroes of the empire beware!

Binabik15
26-10-2005, 20:48
Maybe they don&#180;t turn men homosexual, because they closely resemble girls anyway?

The prince from Monty Python and the Holy Grail comes to my mind...
And after all empire heroes already wear puffy pants. ;)

But seriously why would Lhamians need them to "reproduce"? The chicks bite tasty girls and they&#180;re best friends for their whole undead ethernal lives.

Except bretonian hero Sir Gawain the Extremly Handsome One comes in and spoils it...

DeathMasterSnikch
26-10-2005, 21:31
Ah but we all know that theres somethings 2 woman can't do.

...now if a man and a lady love each other very much...

Anyone notice that there are ...certain...'places'...on the empires trousers that are...more constricting...resulting in a unsightly...'bulge'...

~_~ Wasn't to keen on that when i opend my 6th ed box set.

Binabik15
27-10-2005, 14:27
...now if a man and a lady love each other very much...

Yes but I realy doubt that thereīs ever been a pregnant vampiress (does that word exist?) in the Warhammer world.

You never see female Blooddragons and still this bloodline grows more and more (but maybe thatīs theyīre a strong army and cheap to convert;) ).

In WHFB vampire are created by being bitten/drinking the potion this one queen brew.

I think that in very rare circumstances a Lhamian vampiress turns her former boyfriend, husband, highschool love into a Vampire, but I assume that they normally just turn pretty men to (undead) servants/slaves/toys just as you all would do with a super model.

And why isnīt this in the background forum?

DeathMasterSnikch
27-10-2005, 14:58
Because its more than background.

And vampires are made mainly from teh bloodkiss. Being bitten results in death does it not? It's how the vampires feed not convert.

And who said anything about pregnancy ;) sometimes vampires need some...plesure...im sure

Quercia
27-10-2005, 20:37
In WHFB vampire are created by being bitten/drinking the potion this one queen brew.

Sadly, not true. The Master Vampires (you could call them ancestors to the common Vampire) were created via the Elixer of Life. That's the part you are explaining. Most Vampires who are refered to are made a Vampire by the Blood Kiss.

In fluff, the Blood Kiss is drinking the Vampire's blood, while a bite by the Vampire when sucking the living thing empty, is killing it. The Vampire can then choose to raise it. It will become a Zombie, unless the Vamphyro has casted the Hand of Dust, making human skin shrivel to dust.

Thanks for reading,

Cheers,
-Q, aka Master Vampire

nurgle_boy
27-10-2005, 20:56
Sadly, not true. The Master Vampires (you could call them ancestors to the common Vampire) were created via the Elixer of Life. That's the part you are explaining. Most Vampires who are refered to are made a Vampire by the Blood Kiss.

In fluff, the Blood Kiss is drinking the Vampire's blood, while a bite by the Vampire when sucking the living thing empty, is killing it. The Vampire can then choose to raise it. It will become a Zombie, unless the Vamphyro has casted the Hand of Dust, making human skin shrivel to dust.

Thanks for reading,

Cheers,
-Q, aka Master Vampire

i couldve sworn that they have a way of getting their blood into0 you when the bite you... or is that the blod kiss?

oh god, i dont know my vamps do i...

Flypaper
27-10-2005, 22:44
Male Lahmians = Anne Rice vampires. I don't see what's so complicated about it. :chrome:

Effete, puffy shirts, omnisexual (not bisexual, omnisexual!), Tom Cruise plays 'em in movies.

As for the bloodline powers: Female Lahmians can use theirs on genderless Lizardmen, so it obviously can't be 100% sexual. Think of it as a "dominating will" if that makes you less uncomfortable... :p

The Pale Lady
28-10-2005, 16:33
As for the bloodline powers: Female Lahmians can use theirs on genderless Lizardmen, so it obviously can't be 100% sexual.

Hahaha that post made me laugh so much!
Its a valid point, if a lahmian can 'seduce, dominate or transfix' a skaven then it obviously isnt only physical attraction or gender that has anything to do with it.

Sir_Lunchalot
05-11-2005, 18:12
Hmm For some reason I can't help but think of Count Renato Biagio from the Tyrants and Kings trilogy. the guy takes some odd drug that gives him insane strength and speed, prevents him from aging, but slowly drives him insane. he's got a repuation as a fop, and doesn't mind because it's true. However, just because he's pampered doesn't stop him form kicking some serious ****. now bfore you ask, no, the guy's not a vampire, but as far as personality and appearance (less the tan) I htink he'd be what a make lahmian would be like. and no, although he easily could, he doesn't seduce women. :chrome: