PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts Orcs, Ogres and Gnoblars

Skulliz
15-06-2008, 15:41
Yo everyone. Im currently building up a theamed army using the O&G book. Lateley I have been trying to make up an army list of 2000pts to aim for and this is the result. I have playtested this list once against Empire, it was a close game but I had the upperhand, in the last turn we ended up in a draw though.

Characters

Black Orc Warboss: Sh, HA, Bigged's 'ed kickin boots, Warboss Um's best Boss at 214pts.

Black Orc Big Boss: HA, Boar, BSB, Marhog's Best Basha, Effigy of Mork 180pts.

Goblin Shaman: Dispell scroll x2 105pts.

Core:

25 Orc Boyz: FC, Shields 180pts.

25 Orc Boyz: FC, Shields 180pts.

27 Goblin Warriors: FC, Shields 128pts.

5 Spider Riders 71pts.

5 Spider Riders 71pts.

Special

2 Spear Chukkas: Bulleys 80pts.

Orc Boar Chariot: 80pts.

10 Black Orcs: Musician 136pts.

6 Orc Boar Big 'uns: FC Noggs banner of butchery 243pts.

Rare

2 Leadbelchers: 110pts.

4 Ironguts: Standard, Musician 222pts.

The big units of Orc Boyz are joined by the general and BSB and act as a Anvil whilst I have lots of Heavy hitters and support units acting as hammer units. So what Im asking for is ways to improve it, as I aim to bring it to a tournament in November so I have to kinda plan my painting ;)

Lord_Byron
15-06-2008, 19:08
Just remember that the ogres do not benefit from the size matters rule, so they can be panicked by goblin units. Keep that in mind during deployment and maneuvering.

I'd also think about replacing the boar boyz big uns with savage boar boyz.

have fun

Canadian_Khan
16-06-2008, 05:04
Black Orc Big Boss: HA, Boar, BSB, Marhog's Best Basha, Effigy of Mork 180pts

Have you thought of getting your BSB a magic banner instead? Put him on foot, in a 25 orc regiment ...(the max +3 rank bonus) with the Mork's spirit Totem is a pretty hard combo on any magic offensive threat...

Plus, if you want my opinion... that saves you the dispel scrolls, at least 1 of them... And you save some points to had some gobbos to your unit :)

That works pretty well for me indeed hehe

Skulliz
16-06-2008, 18:45
I'd also think about replacing the boar boyz big uns with savage boar boyz.

Yeah their hitting power is awesome, guess I should try them out :D

Black Orc Big Boss: HA, Boar, BSB, Marhog's Best Basha, Effigy of Mork 180pts

Have you thought of getting your BSB a magic banner instead? Put him on foot, in a 25 orc regiment ...(the max +3 rank bonus) with the Mork's spirit Totem is a pretty hard combo on any magic offensive threat...

Plus, if you want my opinion... that saves you the dispel scrolls, at least 1 of them... And you save some points to had some gobbos to your unit :)

That works pretty well for me indeed hehe

Yeah I have considered the spirit totem as I have him in one of the big blocks of Boyz, it's just that BSB's tend to get into combat quite often (as I want the extra +1 Combat res) So I geared him for surviviability and fighting capacity instead. But idd the spirit totem is tempting ^^

But I would still keep his boar, the +2 AS and the extra attack from the boar is really worth it.