KOTR(8),command-216
KOTR(8),command,chalons banner(damel goes here)-226
KOE(8),command,errantry banner(BSB goes here)-201

PK(3)-165
PK(3),command-195
PK(4),command(lord goes here)-250

grail knights(5),command,chalons banner-230

2k on the dot if you add it up:evilgrin:
*i love brutal honesty but this is my first list so i would appriciate if it wasnt too harsh lol thx:D

TheFroto
16-06-2008, 08:16
bump bump bump

Conotor
16-06-2008, 11:19
Does the last rank of your 8/5 man unit get 2 attacks, or does it have to do 1? I don't know.

In this list, you ahve 4 units that can break ranks. This does seam a bit low to me, buy I guess PKs are decent at flank/rear cherges.

northwoodDreamer
16-06-2008, 11:28
While I don't play or really know anything about Bretonnians (though I might make 'em my next army) I just thought I'd let you know that you might not get a lot of replies on that list due to the extensive amount of pegasus knights you have. If you care what the people playing your list think, you should probably drop one of those units of pk for something else.

Griptenstien
16-06-2008, 17:15
Couple of rules points, your general can't join the pegasus knights because he's on a monster and so can't join units.

You can only have 1 banner of chalons (only 1 of each magic items except scrolls etc)

Personally I would drop at least one of the pegasus units possibly for a unit of 6 knights errant (141 points) and boost the KOTR unit without the character to the full 9 (3x3)

huron
16-06-2008, 19:13
You can't put your lord in the pegasus knights because he has the grail vow and the pegasus knights have the knights vow. Read the vows near the lance formation and blessing of the lady it tells you there.

TheFroto
17-06-2008, 02:06
bump bump bump

devolutionary
17-06-2008, 02:42
You can't put your lord in the pegasus knights because he has the grail vow and the pegasus knights have the knights vow. Read the vows near the lance formation and blessing of the lady it tells you there.

Thoroughly incorrect. You can not put a character with a lesser vow in a unit with a great vow. You may still put Grail Lords in units with the Knights Vow. The wording "Knights with the Grail Vow... cannot be joined by characters with the Knight's Vow or the Questing Vow" is in reference to Knight units. You will note that Bretonnian Lords are not called Knights, but Bretonnian Lords :)

But yes, Pegasi mounted characters are on a monstrous mount, and therefore may not join units of flying cavalry.

Drop some Pegasi. It's ridiculous to exploit them that badly. I can understand two units of 3, but any more than that and you'll just make people resentful, which sucks the fun right out of the game (unless you're one of those individuals who takes pleasure in the misery and joylessness of others).

You need more knights, and a skirmishing screen of 10-12 archers never hurt anyone. Your damsel will be utterly useless at level 1 with 2 scrolls, since any real magical threat (i.e. one that surpasses your Blessing) will force you to burn those scrolls by halfway through the second magic phase.
Ideally you want those Errants to be 11 in number with the BSB, though I find they work better with a Charge-Duel equipped Paladin to exploit that Errantry Banner. That will be your primary unit of destruction, so be aware of that.

The Grail Knights are a good place to put the Damsel, since they can form up around her and exploit the Lance formation better.

A single unit of 6 knights, be they Realm or Errant, is bloody handy for locking up single model threats like Giants without taking away too much from your main assault.

It is also worth nothing that Admin takes a very strong approach against a) multiple bumps, and b) bumps a mere couple of hours after post. It's bad form and post count buffing, so tends to be dealt with strictly. Just letting you know, since you're new and all :)

Griptenstien
17-06-2008, 08:38
I agree with you on most points but not the large unit of errants I think 9 is really the biggest unit size for it to actually be easy to direct and change direction also it presents a massive flank if you muck up the charge or face other fast units, and makes a even nicer target for cannons/bolt throwers!

devolutionary
17-06-2008, 19:32
Errants always make nice targets, but 12 gives you a better chance for those ward saves. and still have 9+ in the unit at the end of it. You also don't need to change direction with that block, since it just barrels forward with more maneuverable units to the left and right to hold off flank attacks. The point is to simply slam in to the enemy and keep going until nothing is left. Errants are great because they're so cheap :p

But hey, you can go either way. Totally up to the poster.

TheFroto
19-06-2008, 17:39
bump bump bump

Duke Raoul
20-06-2008, 07:30
3 units of peg knights, dude thats not real fun to play against. Good luck making friends with that list.

The Red Scourge
20-06-2008, 09:26
Guys you've got it all wrong about characters, monstrous mounts and units.

There are no rules prohibiting a character on a monstrous mount to join units. The only thing is, that when the mount is large he can be singled out by enemy fire.

He still can't join pegasus knights (unless brettonia has a special rule), since characters are NOT allowed to join flying units, even when flying themselves.

FranticDaemon
20-06-2008, 10:21
Guys you've got it all wrong about characters, monstrous mounts and units.

There are no rules prohibiting a character on a monstrous mount to join units. The only thing is, that when the mount is large he can be singled out by enemy fire.

Yes, characters on monstrous mounts can join units, however, characters mounted on flying creatures can't (BRB p. 72)