PDA

View Full Version : Do Allied units test for panic due to failed Break Test?

Condottiere
16-06-2008, 09:04
This happened last night, when Minotaurs lost, and failed a Break test. Two nearby herds failed their panic test and died attempting to navigate a swamp.

The problem was that there was a Skink unit within 6" - does it have to test for panic? The unit came from a allied but separate army list.

How do you define "friendly"? Does a Waaagh force units from an allied but separate army list to advance?

Lord Snerual
16-06-2008, 11:11
I think they wouldn't have to test for Panic.

And no, a waaagh! does not cause an allied unit to advance, it's an Orc rule and for Orcs only.

Lord Snerual
16-06-2008, 11:12
I think they wouldn't have to test for Panic.

And no, a waaagh! does not cause an allied unit to advance, it's an Orc rule and for Orcs only.

And a waaagh! is a rule which works with animosity, and ONLY orcs do test for animosity.

Urgat
16-06-2008, 11:14
So, what if you're allied to another orc army? :p

xragg
16-06-2008, 11:17
Any answer is a house rule as there are no "official" rules for multiplayer games. White Dwarf recently did their historic battles rule-set, but it was basically pretty obvious rules that most people already used in multiplayer games. Our group doesnt test panic for allies due to failed break test and the like.

EDIT:
orcs with orcs waagh: You should just decide how to handle it before the game. Either the waagh only affects each orc army seperately (allowing each orc player to call his own waagh) OR it affects all orcs on that side (only 1 waagh called per side, maybe even the orc players can squabble over when to use it!).

Lord Snerual
16-06-2008, 11:19
well, I think you have to test for your own Orcs, and your ally for the other Orcs. You BOTH have to decide whether you want to declare your WAAAGH! or wait with it.

When you decide to declare a WAAAGH! you will both have to test for your own Orcs whether they surge forward or not.

Milgram
16-06-2008, 12:34
uhm... the original poster probably meant the waaagh spell. this is a discussion as it mentions 'friendly units'.

our rule is that panic etc. affects both allied armies - also goblins affecting chaos knights, not sure about skaven slaves and gnoblars, as they might include 'no one cares about'. also all other items and spells affecting friendly units might be cast on allied units. exception: the waaagh-spell was banned after I arranged a desastrous combined orc/ogre-charge.

but as xragg said: everything about multiplayer games is house rule.

ehlijen
16-06-2008, 13:04
The Legendary battles had a section with a table saying which allied races should treat each other as friendly units (in all respects) and which should treat each other as unfriendly (in all respects).

You don't have to follow that table if it messes with your gaming organisation, but you should be consistent on whether allies treat each other as friendlies or not.

In the example:
The minotaur fled. Let's assume that takes him through the skinks. The skinks either treat him as friendly and also take a test or treat him as unfriendly and kill him as he runs through them (assuming US5). It should be one or the other and be discussed before the game. If it wasn't, I'd default to the 'always friendly' stance (so testing in this case) but that's just me.

Condottiere
16-06-2008, 13:32
Well, thanks for your replies. My group has settled on the Allied troops are friendlies rule. Since the Orc player is probably planning on a Waagh real soon, I'll remind him that without animosity, my units won't be moving.:)