sorcerer, mark of tzeench, 2xDS, 2lvl - 175pts

sorcerer, mark of tzeench, chaos familiar, 2lvl - 165pts

4x 24 marauders, shields, light armour, fcg - 4x 198 - 792

hellcannon - 270

2x 5 marauder horsemen, throwing axes, musician - 2x 76 - 152

3x chariot, mark of tzeench - 3x 110 - 310

total: 2214pts

Tactics:
Sorcerers usually take beast. Theres one character in every unit to boost Ld and kill stuff (as the marauders provide only static CR in most cases...:(). I plan to get charged and then counter-charge with chariots or other marauders. Horsemen guard my flanks, redirect charges etc. Hellcanon is hunting dragons, big infantry blocks or heavy cav. All the chariots have mark of tzeench as they are only 10pts each and give me a chance to survive S7 - invaluable:D. Mark of nurgle on lord and champ makes the units immune to fear and terror and forces the enemies wishing to charge my units in the front to pass a fear test. Im considering buying the lord crown of everlasting but its so pricy! I still have 36 points left so im waiting for your suggestions! All comments are welcome!

mark.
17-06-2008, 10:42
Hello fellow chaos player,

This seems a very good list, you employ alot of marauders which are solid choices.

To begin with, your lord doesn't need the crown, AoD is good enough.
I am not really sure about the sorcerers, I don't think they will rock in 2250 pts, you might want to drop a sorcerer to lvl 1 and remove the other entirely, only employing him for magic defence.

Also I think your list misses one thing: chosen khorne knights, if you drop a chariot, you will free up a special slot + enough points for these monsters, keep them in reserve until your marauders get into combat, and then it is when the killing comes in!

I hope your list will do good!

yedee
17-06-2008, 13:34
Thanks for the reply!

Apparently i have made a mistake while summing the points up, so the list presented above is in reality more than 2300 points... Shame bacause it looked quite alright to me.:D

According to the suggestions i have made some changes:

lord, armour of damnation, GW, mark of nurgle - 270pts

aspiring champ, banner of the gods, shield, mark of nurgle - 245pts

sorcerer, mark of tzeench, 2xDS, - 140pts

3x 24 marauders, shields, light armour, fcg - 4x 198 - 596

hellcannon - 270

2x chariot, mark of tzeench - 2x 110 - 220

5 knights, mark of khorne, standard, musician, war banner - 235

total: 2128pts

I have droped one unit of marauders :cries:, chariot, sorcerer and couple other minor things. The knights are in and i have some spare points (if i didnt make a mistake again!;)). So im waiting for further suggestions!

mark.
18-06-2008, 18:56
I love it!

Maybe you can squeeze in the fourth marauder unit, you can achieve this by dropping the marks (except for the MoK on knights) and the champions on marauder units (which are totally not worth it in my opinion) you will even have some point left to keep the MoT on chariots maybe?

yedee
19-06-2008, 07:02
I like your idea - one more marauder unit sounds perfect to me!:) And your are definately right: the champions in marauder units are highly overpriced...:mad:

So lets just see if its possible:

lord, armour of damnation, GW, mark of nurgle - 270pts

aspiring champ, banner of the gods, shield, mark of nurgle - 245pts

sorcerer, 2xDS, - 125pts

4x 24 marauders, shields, light armour, standard, musician - 4x 186 - 744

hellcannon - 270

2x chariot - 2x 100 - 200

5 knights, mark of khorne, standard, musician, war banner - 235

total: 2241pts

Oh well, i have to say i really like it.:D Thanks for your advice!

mark.
19-06-2008, 09:58
I really like it too, I think the mark of nurgle on your heroes is very valuable, because not only can it disrupt enemy charges, the unit being immune to fear is also very important for stubborn units.

Also with the 9 points left over you may or may not be able to fit another marauder in (but you might find this ugly because now not all marauder units are of same size)

Good luck with this, I am sure this kicks ass!

yedee
20-06-2008, 06:49
The mark of nurgle is especially useful when dealing with terror-causing things like dragons. That's why im thinking of droping a couple of marauders in order to buy MoN for my sorcerer. How you feel about that?

One thing that i hate about this list is the lord. If i could only get rid of him and take an exalted instead... Sadly the Ld9 seems to make a difference when it comes to crucial panic checks. Im thinking of creating a list with exalted when fighting opponents with lesser firepower/magic - i could get another sorcerer and marks of nurgle for both. Any ideas?

mark.
21-06-2008, 19:55
I think a lord + banner of the gods + big marauder units has got great synergy.

You could get an exalted and change all kinds of things but I love this list.

About MoN on sorcerer - wouldn't it be better to keep the sorcerer out of the marauder unit? It could be torn apart in combat.

redbaron998
22-06-2008, 05:04
Heil Yedee

Not a bad list I must say, If I was in your shoes I would

Try to find the points for a small unit of warhounds to screen for your Khorne Knights, that Frenzy is a double edge sword, a unit of 6 will only set you back 36 points and could prove to be a live saver

Also if you can try to get the MOT on the Chariots, it may only be a 1/6 chance but it could potentially save them from a Cannonball, and for 10 points thats a darn good deal.

I am not a fan of the Hellcannon, (but of course this is personally opinion, if you love it then far be it from me to tell you otherwise) I would ditch it and add another unit of 24 Marauders to be in the center of your marauder line with the BSB. The BSB should be able to cover all 5 units with his standard if you get the spacing right, and if they ignore one of the far units you can hit them in their flank. But then I always was a fan of symetry.

Put your Lord in the same unit as the BSB and all 5 units could have a Ldr 9, rerollable, and Stubborn...meaning that unless they get autobreaked, they will be virtually unbreakable

Good luck and may you bring Glory to the Dark Gods

yedee
22-06-2008, 10:32
wouldn't it be better to keep the sorcerer out of the marauder unit?

From my personal experience - firstly he has greater chances of surviving the battle sitting in a 25 men strong unit than hiding alone in some terrain feature. He also provides the Ld8 what is invaluable in most cases, especially break tests.

Try to find the points for a small unit of warhounds

If i could only find points for that! Maybe drop the standard and muso form knights? That'll free lots of points i guess.

try to get the MOT on the Chariots

No points again.

Hellcannon is the only thing capable of dealing with enemy heavy-hitters (dragons, heavy cav etc.). It forces my opponent to come to me instead of standing and waiting/shooting. The large template Ld-check rocks against anything not ItP.

Put your Lord in the same unit as the BSB and all 5 units could have a Ldr 9, rerollable, and Stubborn...meaning that unless they get autobreaked, they will be virtually unbreakable

They will be hard to panic - yes. Close to unbreakeable - definately no. Ld7 even with re-roll is ****. Ld8 is far better. There will be only one hero in each unit at the most. This way im getting one Ld7, two Ld8 and one Ld9 stubborn units. Isn't it better?

The set-up your suggesting also creates one unit worth more than 700points (!) and 4 units of less then 200... Guess what the enemy is going to concentrate his firepower/magic/heavy-hitters on? If i lose this uber-unit im definately going to get a serious beating!