PDA

View Full Version : Rediscovering Ogre Kingdoms

minionboy
16-06-2008, 19:43
So i was going through my storage and I was pleasantly surprised. I totally forgot I had a TON of Ogres back there. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to best use them (army lists, etc).

Here's what I've got:

Tyrant with converted Thunder Mace
Tyrant with converted Tenderizer
Ltd Edition Bruiser
Bruiser BSB (coverted pay master man eater)
Hunter

4x6 Bulls with iron fists and full command
2x6 Iron Guts with full command
48 Gnoblars
12 Gnoblar Trappers

8 Lead Belchers
3 Yhettes

3 Gorgers

I never won a single game and played through something like a 4k point campaign with friends. I'd love to put this stuff to use! I don't have the bitz, so reassembling isn't an option (plus it's mostly painted).

Malorian
16-06-2008, 20:12
No magic and no screen... ouch...

Well with you models this is what I would do:

Tyrant w/Tenderizer, Wyrdstone Necklace, luck gnoblar (275)
BSB Bruiser w/ heavy armor, warbanner (181)

4 ironguts (144)
4 ironguts (144)

3 bulls w/ ironfists (almost always used as extra hand weapon) (120)

21 gnoblars (42)
21 gnoblars (42)

10 trappers (60)

2 Leadbeltchers w/ bellower (120)

Gorger (75)
Gorger (75)

Total: 1998

Should make for an interesting yet effective list.

Halelel
16-06-2008, 20:51
I would invest like 50 or so dollars and buy a pair of butchers. Ogre magic is one of the keys to being successful with an OK army, further it will provide magic defense as well.

Right now, the magic phase would tear your army apart. Get the butchers and your army will be fairly balanced for a 2k list.

To get the points for them, I would drop some of the leadbelchers and the bruiser

Just IMO anyways, :)

minionboy
16-06-2008, 20:53
Yeah, I was thinking on picking up some Butchers but never got around to it. I still wouldn't be opposed to the idea though. I was fortunate and my typical opponents in our campaign were dwarves, khorne mortals and empire, so I didn't face much magic.

edit: As luck would have it, I just found 2 butchers I converted and their accompanying roach coach!

pkain762
17-06-2008, 01:04
first off you really need AT LEAST one butcher... and when you get up to 2000 you need probably at least 2 butchers.... gut magic is what makes ogres really effective.....

buffing up your unit with + 1 strength or toughness and stubborn or regeneration and magic resistance.... magic missles that cause panic checks and another that causes 2 d6 hits w/no armor saves....

just helps your army out so much, so my advice would be that if you want to do some winning... get some butchers..... i really don't see ogres winning without a butcher or two in there.....

kain

Rubberchrist
17-06-2008, 03:07
That is pretty similar to a list my buddy uses, except he runs 1 squad of trappers, a scraplauncher, 2 butchers, and only 2 groups of leadbelchers.

It's pretty killer. Make sure you leave those gorgers in there. They are dirty horrible cheaters and have won my friend more games than I can count.

-R