PDA

View Full Version : Simple Skirmisher Rule Question

themandudeperson
17-06-2008, 00:02
I recently had someone tell me that skirmishers don't break rank bonuses on flank charges. I thought simply, that any unit with unit strength 5 or higher broke rank bonus and that skirmishers just don't gain CR from ranks.. am I wrong?

highelfmage
17-06-2008, 00:19
that is true.

i had a question do u get a negative -1 to shoot at a unit strenght 2 skirmishers.

themandudeperson
17-06-2008, 00:22
I would assume so. If they're called skirmishers, they're -1 to shoot at. This would include flyers who are considers skirmishers as well... IIRC

Lord Aries
17-06-2008, 00:34
You only get a -1 to shoot at skirmishers that are US1- the BRB says mansized models, but was latter erratad to say US1 models.

Skirmishers DO NOT get rid of ranks of enemy units, its clearly written in the rules.

themandudeperson
17-06-2008, 00:44
You only get a -1 to shoot at skirmishers that are US1- the BRB says mansized models, but was latter erratad to say US1 models.

Skirmishers DO NOT get rid of ranks of enemy units, its clearly written in the rules.

Sooooo, a unit of Terradons or Pegasus Knights would NOT eliminate rank bonuses, being that they're considered skirmishers as a result of being flyers and wouldn't benefit from -1 to shoot at, being they're both US 2 units.. correct?

Bloodknight
17-06-2008, 00:52
Correct. That's the way it works.

themandudeperson
17-06-2008, 00:58
Well, it's nice to finally have that tacked down.. I'm predominately a Skaven player, so most of the rules I need to know by heart are in regards to the movement and CR of large rank-and-file units..

lparigi34
17-06-2008, 03:10
Also remember skirmishers do not gain the +1 or +2 bonuses for CC from flank or rear charges

T10
17-06-2008, 03:27
Also remember skirmishers do not gain the +1 or +2 bonuses for CC from flank or rear charges

Not true.

Skirmishers engaging the enemy in the flank or rear...

... add +1 (flank) or +2 (rear) to CR if they are US 5+
... do not add their rank own bonus
... do not negate the enemy rank bonus

-T10

Loopstah
17-06-2008, 08:54
Sooooo, a unit of Terradons or Pegasus Knights would NOT eliminate rank bonuses, being that they're considered skirmishers as a result of being flyers and wouldn't benefit from -1 to shoot at, being they're both US 2 units.. correct?

No, because Terradons aren't US 2. They are US 1.

Terradons are a unit of flyers, not flying cavalry.

Condottiere
17-06-2008, 09:22
Not true.

-T10Do you happen to know the BRB page?:)

theunwantedbeing
17-06-2008, 09:41
The page for the rules on skirmishers presumably.....
Pages 65-67

lparigi34
19-06-2008, 00:51
Not true.

-T10

I think I wrote this after too many hours working... gosh... Im lucky nobody went troll at me :D.

semersonp
21-06-2008, 02:35
nutshell...

pg 67 of the BfSP RB...

skirmishers in close combat:

1) skirmishers receive NO bonus for their own ranks

2) skirmishers do NOT negate enemy rank bonus

... it does not say skirmishers fail to gain flank/rear bonuses... qed they receive normal bonuses in that regard...

3) skirmishers DO receive flank/rear bonus

skirmishers being shot at:

1) pg 1 7ed BRB errata changes 'roughly man-sized' to 'unit strength 1'... so US1 skirmishers are -1 to be hit from shooty bits

BfSP RB pg 69... units of flyers operate as skirmishers and are always US1... then there are flying cavalry... each US2 with an improved armor save but no -1 to hit from shooting...

yep