PDA

View Full Version : 1000 points of Wood Elves, limited models.

FigureFour
17-06-2008, 18:18
So I went in to the GW store to buy the Wood Elf army box and picked up the 25th Anniversary box instead.

I'm trying to work out a 1000 point list (I only can manage 2 core units right now) to take to Fantasy night on Monday. Currently I've got two lists.

Fast list:
1 Branchwraith with Annoyance of Netlings and Cluster of Radiants.
1 Standard Alter Noble (great weapon, Helm of the Hunt, Hail of Doom Arrow, light armour and shield)
5 Glade Riders
8 Dryads
5 Wardancers with a Bladesinger
5 Wild Riders with full command and Warbanner
5 more Wild Riders with full command
1 Great Eagle

Slow(er) but hard list:
Branchwraith with L1, CoR, AoN
Standard Alter

8 Dryads
5 Glade Riders with muscian
6 Wild Riders with full command and Warbanner
3 Treekin
An eagle.

I think that leaves me with 13 points.
I might drop the L1 upgrade from the Branchwraith and the shield from the Alter Noble to get another Treekin. Or drop the Branchwraith entirely and take a mounted noble to either run with the Glade Riders, to lend them some hitting power in case I need to charge with them, or to run around solo and fill a similar role to the Alter. I'd probably give him an Enchanted Shield and either a Sword of Might or the Spear of Twilight. That would give me 46 or 36 points to play with.

Any suggestions? Advice? Criticism?

Eternal Guardian
20-06-2008, 02:02
1 Branchwraith with Annoyance of Netlings and Cluster of Radiants.
1 Standard Alter Noble (great weapon, Helm of the Hunt, Hail of Doom Arrow, light armour and shield)
5 Glade Riders
8 Dryads
5 Wardancers with a Bladesinger
5 Wild Riders with full command and Warbanner
5 more Wild Riders with full command
1 Great Eagle

personally this is what id do
1 Standard Alter Noble (great weapon, enchanted shield, bow of loren, light armour): 151
10 Glade Guard: 120
10 Glade Guard: 120
8 Dryads: 96
5 Wardancers with a Bladesinger: 104
5 Wild Riders with full command: 166
5 Wild Riders with full command: 166
1 Great Eagle: 50
here you have 27 pts left in which i would either give a glade guard unit the banner of spring tide just incase they get charged and you are then allowed to stand and shoot hopefully taking out more than they had hoped or you could take and extra glade guard for each unit increasing your fire power slightly