Total 100pts

Rare

2 Spawn of Chaos
Total 120pts

Gorgon the Unstoppable
Chaos Giant
Total 205pts

Army Total: 2000pts

Well isnt it a shame, the chaos list really dosnt offer a whole lot of builds. its either minimal core, maxim special/rare, or, erm, yeah... Well i've played a about 5 games with the new list, and really, unless i want to max out on cavalry/chariots, this seems like the most viable build, still, last time i played i ran into problems in the form of a Dwarf lord with 1+ save + rerolls and a 4+ wardsave and being immune to killing blow, i was not best pleased!

Well hopefully i will get some more games in thursday at GW

Basically i think the main problems with chaos as it stands is that our lords cost far to many points to use and we lack the magic items/weapons to give the heroes the killing power the used to have.

I think in previous games i have had made the mistake of putting my generally with my knights when clearly he is needed to support my warrior blocks, i guess half the problem here is that when you see a unit with two attacks each its all to easy to think the units can handle themselves.

I originally posted this list with two chariots in however for some reason i have the urge to use a giant as well (maybe this is the lack of Variety in the army, maybe i just like the look it, meh). Really i would liked to have the mark of Khorne on the chariot but hand to lose something to fit the giant in (it was taht or a great weapon).
Exalted with great weapon goes with the Warriors with HW+SH while the other goes with the warriors with great weapons.

mark.
19-06-2008, 11:42
Hello logan.

That is a bit of a daring list you have there, almost all of your points in frenzied units.

I agree with your point about the lord, in a khorne list, the exalted champions will do much better.

I don't think your tough heroes will need protection like the crown or the armour, you could free some points here, especially the expensive crown could be gotten rid of. You might even want to drop one of the exalted champion to fit in things like another chariot, more spawns, horsemen...

I think it would be better to give the sorcerer 2 dispel scrolls instead of the power familiar, it would do you more to stop enemy magic, then enhance your own magic.

I also think the warrior units should be downsized to about 10-12, while freeing up alot of points, the units will only be a little less powerfull.
For the freed points you could make one unit chosen.

The marauder unit however, would be better with 20+ men in it, you will get maximum rank bonus which is very valuable.

Also about the marauder horsemen - you should definetily give them throwing axes, for 1pt each they are a best buy.

I rwally like the rest of the stuff, with the freed points you may be able to get another chariot, spawns, or whatever cool option you have the models for!

OldMaster
19-06-2008, 12:09
Chaos of Chaos
Total 100pts

:rolleyes:....

I second mark's thought about the warriors units and chosen. 3 S6 attacks is about as powerful as you can get with Core infantry :O

My mainstay unit is a unit of 11 CW's, chosen, Khorne, GW and shields. Costs a whole, lot, but with a 3+ save ranged, the attacks characteristics mentioned above and with an Exalted Champ/Lord with HoME and GW or AoK, they never lost a single round of combat. Though, maybe, the Banner of Rage will keep them static against heavy cavalry charges :D
I remember one battle when they cleaved right through two units Spearmen, one unit Handgunners, one 20 man strong unit of Flagellants and walked right over some Inner Circle dudes with Valten in it :D
The Socr will go in the Marauder unit, right?

logan054
19-06-2008, 12:27
Characters

Gotthard, Destroyer of Khorne
Exalted Champion of Chaos
- Mark of Khorne
- Shield
- Sword of Might
- Armour of Damnation
Total 165pts

Korfand the Wise
Sorcerer of Chaos
- 2 Dispel Scrolls
Total 125pts

Core

12 Warriors of Chaos
- Mark of Khorne
- Chosen
- Fullcommand
- Great weapons
Total 298pts

11 Warriors of Chaos
- Mark of Khorne
- Fullcommand
- Shields
- Warbaner
Total 238pts

24 Marauders of Chaos
- Musician
- Light armour & Shield
Total 174pts

5 Warhounds of Chaos
Total 30pts

5 Warhounds of Chaos
Total 30pts

5 Warhounds of Chaos
Total 30pts

Special

6 Knights of Chaos
- Mark of Khorne
- Chosen
- Musician
Total 278pts

6 Marauder Horsemen
- Flails
- Throwing axes
- Musician
Total 102pts

Chariot of Chaos
Total 100pts

Chariot of Chaos
Total 100pts

Rare

2 Spawn of Chaos
Total 120pts

Gorgon the Unstoppable
Chaos Giant
Total 205pts

Army Total: 1995pts

OK well how about something like that then :) Well i originally took a chaos familar over scrolls after reading or this bitching about dispel scrolls. Im abit dubious about the axe of Khorne at the moment, i seem to keep coming across armies that are immune to it (******** dwarfs!)

Personally i can never decide if i should go the unit of 12 route of the unit of 15, i guess i will give the unit of 12 another go!

OldMaster
19-06-2008, 14:15
Looks solid. Go for it.

mark.
19-06-2008, 20:01
Yes this looks great!

logan054
20-06-2008, 22:41
ok, thanks for the replies, i'll give the last a go tomorrow then :) really wierd, dosnt seem all that different from my early 6th ed list.

redbaron998
22-06-2008, 06:10
Heil logan054

I suspect you mean Chariot of Chaos...not Chaos of Chaos, HaHa

Anyways It looks good but I would sub one of the Warhound units for a 2nd Marauder unit to make your army Symetrical....which I am a fan of, I would ditch the Chaos Giant for it, cause every army in the game has SOMETHING that can take him down quickly, so it is m opinon that unless used in pairs they are better off not being used.

But thats my opinion and its up to you, May you bring glory to the Dark Gods

logan054
22-06-2008, 10:26
lol yeah that would be the one im going for :) to be honest i like the giant and chaos hounds, while i know every army has something to take him down i cant really worry about that to much, every army has something that can take down something, really if i took that approach i wouldnt have anything in my armylist.

Its fair enough advice but i do like the list :) still i have started converting a hero on a jugger so i might try and fit him in :)