PDA

View Full Version : 2k Dwarf List!

senorcardgage
18-06-2008, 02:28
Hey guys, my first Dwarf list, nam sain?

LORD
Dwarf lord - double strength against T5+ enemies, +1A, +1S, 4+Ward, shield, rune of stone
~~So, he has a 1+ armour save, a 4+ ward save, 5 WS7 S5 attacks that count as s9 against the big dudes!

Heroes
Thane BSB - rune of battle
Thane - Reroll armour saves, shield, +1 strength, +1 attack
Runesmith - shield, rune of stone, rune of balance

Core
19 Dwarf warriors, full command, shields (Thane goes here)
19 Dwarf warriors, full command, shields (Runesmith goes here)
10 Thunderers
10 Thunderers
10 Quarellers

Special
18 Hammerers, shields, full command (Lord and BSB go here)
Canon - Engineer
2x Bolt throwers

Rare
Organ gun

What's the big idea?

bigmanc6
18-06-2008, 08:37
Nice list everything looks good, the only question I had is why put the rune of battle on your bsb when you could just put in on the hammerers unit. Giving it to your bsb leaves him open to attack. This enables you to give him some armour runes to keep him alive longer

AFoolProofPlan
19-06-2008, 08:49
Dwarf lord - double strength against T5+ enemies, +1A, +1S, 4+Ward, shield, rune of stone
~~So, he has a 1+ armour save, a 4+ ward save, 5 WS7 S5 attacks that count as s9 against the big dudes!
No Shieldbearer on him? Along with Rune of Stone, you can give your Lord a 1+ save, Immunity to killing blow, and 2 S4 attacks. All for only 30 pts. And that only takes up 5 pt from your Runic Item limit!!

Thane BSB - rune of battle
Thane - Reroll armour saves, shield, +1 strength, +1 attack
Runesmith - shield, rune of stone, rune of balance
2nd Thane doesn't seem like hes too necessary. But that's up to you. I like maxing out characters too, even though I've been advised not to many many times.
Runesmith can use a GW as well. For those oh so rare charges you get.

Canon - Engineer
2x Bolt throwers
Put Rune of Forging on your Canon. It lets you reroll misfires, so you won't need an Engineer.
Bolt Throwers however, can use an Engineer. Hitting on 3s and 4s are awesome.
Rune of Penetrating is great too if you have enough point. S7 Chariot poppers!

Other than those little things, I don't really see what else I would do with the list.
Hope that helped a bit.

Night_watchman
19-06-2008, 11:26
I have just joined an don't really know that much but why take hammers. You could turn a unit of warriors into longbeards which are exactuly the same as hammers but they have the old grumblers rule which is great and immunie to panice and change the hammers for Ironbreakers. I know you would have to move some points around but i think it would be easyer and a lot stronger. I would probably take miner instead of Ironbreakers but I do have an unrational love of miners.
Hope this might help have a nice day and keep kicking bottom.