PDA

View Full Version : 2250 High Elves, flying characters!

Kirth
18-06-2008, 07:05
Been thinking of trying this because of modelling fun. I'll be using the Bretonnian Pegasus models as Great Eagle mounts. What do you think?

Prince, Lance, Great Eagle, Longbow, Armor of Caledor, Vambraces of Defense, Talisman of Loec.

Noble, Lance, Heavy Armor, Great Eagle, Shield, Longbow, Temakador's Gauntlets.

Noble, Lance, Heavy Armor, Great Eagle, Shield, Longbow, Helm of Fortune, Guardian Phoenix.

Mage, Dispel Scroll, The Trickster's Pendant.

10 Archers.
18 Spearmen, FC.

14 White Lions, FC, Skeinsliver, Lion Standard.
15 Phoenix Guard, FC.
5 Shadow Warriors.
Lion Chariot.
Lion Chariot.

Repeater Bolt Thrower.
Repeater Bolt Thrower.

2248 Pts.

By having so many threatening units, I may be able to divide my opponent's focus. WL and PG will tarpit while chariots and Nobles combine charges. Shadow warriors will help me control the movement phase. The lone Mage is my gamble on magic defense. He will likely go with the PG. I think I have pretty decent shooting capability. Originally I wanted the Prince on a Griffon, but I couldn't find the points. Suggestions are welcome.

Personally I think it will look awesome to field on the tabletop, regardless of how well it does.

WhiteKnight
18-06-2008, 07:17
For the conversion for great eagles, it doesn't seem to work for me. I prefer using the normal great eagles or warhawks. Those work just as well.

As for the list, the army is mainly made up of characters and therefore is small.

The characters should probably be in a multi charge no matter what. It's either that or you can say bye bye birdies.

The special unit selection is good and I like the lion chariots. They are fast and can pack a serious punch.

On a scale of 1-10, I give this list a 7. The character selection makes up most of the army so it drops the list strength down a bit. The magic defense is far from solid so I would rather prefer to birdy characters and 2 mages and have the left over eagle to fly around and help them out without risking a character.

Tecliso
18-06-2008, 07:58
What white knight said is true. With all the super magic heavy armys nowendays you NEED more magic defence.

highelfmage
18-06-2008, 23:25
if magic scares you get some magic resistance.