PDA

View Full Version : helblaster volley gun multishot?

Captain Keen
18-06-2008, 14:27
hello,

is it a multishooter at -1 penalty or not? The rules at empirebook page 48 don't say it so I guess no, but firing 30 shots makes me doubt a bit and my opponent may have an arguement point there either...

Cap keen

DeathlessDraich
18-06-2008, 14:46
No, the Hellblaster does not suffer Multiple shot penalties. I believe there is an FAQ somewhere about this.

Gazak Blacktoof
18-06-2008, 15:03
Specifically it doesn't have the multishot X rule. Its similar to repeater bolt throwers in that it has a specified number of shots (3 artillery die worth) rather than the actual multishot rule.

Captain Keen
18-06-2008, 15:25
ok, just wanted to make sure. thx

highelfmage
20-06-2008, 04:14
war machines never suffer this penalty

ehlijen
20-06-2008, 04:38
To be more precise: No currently existing warmachine ever suffers the multishot penalty.

Condottiere
20-06-2008, 07:59
To be more precise: No currently existing warmachine ever suffers the multishot penalty.The reason for that could be that they are considered a stable weapon platform.

Faustburg
20-06-2008, 08:17
The reason for that could be that they are considered a stable weapon platform.

Stop making up rules and explanations! :)

There is no such thing as "stable platforms", or general exemptions to the multiple shot (x) for war machines.

Royal Tiger
20-06-2008, 13:21
if the Multi-shot rule ain't there, then it don't suffer from it

blurred
20-06-2008, 17:14

Though GW has muddied the waters in this rule too. The new flamers have a note under their shooting attack which states that they do not suffer the -1 for multiple shots (though nothing suggests they would suffer it in the first place). :rolleyes:

IvorTangrean
20-06-2008, 17:53
Though GW has muddied the waters in this rule too. The new flamers have a note under their shooting attack which states that they do not suffer the -1 for multiple shots (though nothing suggests they would suffer it in the first place). :rolleyes:

Or they are attempting to clear the waters for the future. Adding a line so that it is clear for all players that, yes the get multiple shots but as the do not have the Multiple Shots x rule they do not suffer -1 to hit.

Bac5665
20-06-2008, 17:59
The same is the case with HE RBTs. GW may simply be trying to address this concern before it come up by giving flamers and RBTs this note, but it is weird.

Necrotyr18
21-06-2008, 02:17

To be more precise: No currently existing warmachine ever suffers the multishot penalty.

No, the Hellblaster does not suffer Multiple shot penalties. I believe there is an FAQ somewhere about this.

So it doesn't suffer from multi-shot. Just wanted to be sure I heard you correctly.