PDA

View Full Version : The Horned Rat (Bullhorn Skaven)

Shamfrit
18-06-2008, 13:51
So I'm finally going to play Skaven again and, not quite being able to switch the Warlord yet (for both fluff and gameplay style reasons,) I thought I'd be daring and try something completely different...or as different as my meager slightly lightning addled brain can manage - so here goes, brief tactical outline to follow:

Skaven Bullhorn

General
Grey Seer, Screaming Bell.
Pushing Unit - 20 Stormvermin, Shields, Umbranner, Ratling Gun, Standard, Musician.
Warpstone Amulet.
750 Points.

Cheiftain
Battle Standard Bearer, Heavy Armour.
War Banner.
99 Points.

Warlock Engineer
Full Upgrades, Minus Pistol.
Storm Daemon, Dispel Scroll.
135 Points.

Plague Priest
Censer Bearer.
Liber Bubonicus
126 Points.

---

23 Clanrats.
Banner, Musician.
130 Points.

23 Clanrats.
Banner, Musician.
130 Points.

20 Slaves.
Musician.
44 Points.

20 Slaves.
Musician.
44 Points.

5 Nightrunners.
25 Points.

5 Nightrunners.
25 Points.

18 Plaguemonks.
Additional Hand Weapons, Musician, Standard.
159 Points.

18 Plaguemonks.
Additional Hand Weapons, Musician, Standard.
159 Points.

5 Plague Censer Bearers.
85 Points.

5 Plague Censer Bearers.
85 Points.

Total Points: 1996.

---

Simple plan really is to send either Plague Monk units up the side in a pincer movement. Yes, they'll get baited away, yes, the Censer Bearers will hit the wrong yet, but it should veer the opponent's flanks away and out from the centre of their line whilst the mini chequer board pushes forwards and dents a hole through the defence, ideally at least. Bell Unit stays behind the main line, with the BSB in the unit (for break re-rolls, can Skitterleap if need be to crucial points.) The Plague Priest is going to be behind the Grey Seer's unit (or in) and then be Skitterleaped to wherever the Plague Monks are working best.

Comments anyone?

And yes :eek: No Jezzails!

stwess
19-06-2008, 10:04
id be tempted to drop the plauge priest for another usint of rats since for 2k you seem a little short.

id also probably drop the extra HWs on the monks freeing up 72 pts and lets be honest a couple pf extra attacks from the front row (5 or 6 models) at WS3 S3 with no armour save probably isnt worth it.

food for thought...