PDA

View Full Version : Would like an Orc team.

Getifa Ubazza
18-06-2008, 15:07
I was thinking of buying 2 boxes of the metal Orc teams. This would give me, 10 linesmen, 6 blitzers, 4 blockers and 2 throwers.

Could i make a good pick up game list with this. If so, can someone help me with it? What about a list for a league team? Would that be differant? Should i pick up any of the special guys?

Sorry about all the questions, But i would rather ask them all here and get a good team to play with.

Thank you for all the help.

EmperorNorton
18-06-2008, 19:34
The contents of two boxes will give you all the Orcs you'll ever want (in fact, you'll have two Blitzers and several Linemen you'll never use).

My favourite starting team for a league is 4 Black Orcs, 4 Blitzers, 2 Linemen a Thrower and three Rerolls. You need - IMO at least - to start with the maximum number of Black Orcs because they are very slow to gain Starplayer Points and in the beginning their higher strength counts more against equally unskilled opposing players.

In a pick up game you can tailor your list to your opponent. It might be a good idea to use a second Thrower against another strength team as their throwing game is the edge the Orcs have over Chaos or Lizardman teams.

Special guys are not essential (and for the most part not available anyway).
You might want to consider getting a Troll and some Goblins, but relying on the Orcs is more beginner friendly.

Tennboy
18-06-2008, 20:44
I have a bit more dynamic playing style then most orc coaches, were I utilize the stuntyness and dodging ability of goblins over lineorcs.

The roster is still pretty much the same.

4 BoB's
4 Blitzers
1 Thrower
2 Gobbos
3 RR
30K for CL/AC/FF

Under LRB4, I just drop a RR for max FF.

Darkson
18-06-2008, 21:03
You might be able to save yourself some money by going to BBFigs, as you can buy the figures you want, rather than having spares.
http://www.bloodbowlfigs.com/

Getifa Ubazza
18-06-2008, 22:46
You might be able to save yourself some money by going to BBFigs, as you can buy the figures you want, rather than having spares.
http://www.bloodbowlfigs.com/Oh ok, thanks. I will take a look into that. Im quite surprised that you all take lots of good stuff to start off with. I always thought that a team should start with as many bodies as possible. But thats cool. It means im not going to be sitting there with a boring team, while my opponent has all the toys.

Tennboy
19-06-2008, 20:15
In league play with teams like Elfs, Vamps, and Choas, this is the correct course of action. But with teams like Dwarfs and Orcs, they are priced to where you get all your "tools" up front. That and they don't have to carry a heavy bench, you really only ever need a roster of about 13 or 14 depending on how many gobbos you want to run. But your good only starting with 11 players

jazzdude78
19-06-2008, 20:17
The other reason to take as many special guys as possible helps them to skill up faster through MVPs and random CAS, which is a huge thing for Black orcs in particular.

Getifa Ubazza
20-06-2008, 11:24
Now that i know how to build the team. I need to know how to get the best from them.

If anyone has some good tactics or plays. Even a good website to visit, with lots of BB goodness. Basically anything you can think of, that will help a budding Orc team get there first touchdown.

-fen-
20-06-2008, 12:14
http://www.bloodbowlfigs.com/
I just wanted to state how brilliant the chaps at BBFigs are at sorting things out. They've been fantastic.

Chi
14-07-2008, 06:20
Is there anything similar to BBfigs for the US?

Tennboy
14-07-2008, 13:02
chaosorc but I'd just really pay the shipping and get your stuff from BBfigs.

neXus6
14-07-2008, 14:19
I've just about finished building an Orc team from the plastic Black Orcs...just need to do the thrower and ogre.

Pretty much just a case of different poses and helmets to mark out positions. The 2 handed weapon torso pose are my blockers, the two hand weapon torsos are my Blitzers, both the blockers and blitzers have full helmets, my Lineorcs have the open faced helmet and my thrower is going to be made from Grimgore...though you could just use another plastic with the one eyed head.

Takes very little work to drill out the weapons and cut the sheathed sword off and I think they look a fair bit better than the metals...a lot more uniform atleast. :D

Plus its a bit cheaper too. 2 boxes of Black Orcs would give you the base models for 16 players at just 30, and give you enough spare bits to make the coaching staff aswell.

The main factor in converting my team though is that my starting team looks like this:
1 Ogre
4 Blockers
4 Blitzers
1 Lineorc
1 Thrower
:p

So 1 box of black orcs and an Ogre is enough...25...same as the metal team.

Krootman
14-07-2008, 16:36
I've just about finished building an Orc team from the plastic Black Orcs...just need to do the thrower and ogre.

Pretty much just a case of different poses and helmets to mark out positions. The 2 handed weapon torso pose are my blockers, the two hand weapon torsos are my Blitzers, both the blockers and blitzers have full helmets, my Lineorcs have the open faced helmet and my thrower is going to be made from Grimgore...though you could just use another plastic with the one eyed head.

Takes very little work to drill out the weapons and cut the sheathed sword off and I think they look a fair bit better than the metals...a lot more uniform atleast. :D

Plus its a bit cheaper too. 2 boxes of Black Orcs would give you the base models for 16 players at just 30, and give you enough spare bits to make the coaching staff aswell.

The main factor in converting my team though is that my starting team looks like this:
1 Ogre
4 Blockers
4 Blitzers
1 Lineorc
1 Thrower
:p

So 1 box of black orcs and an Ogre is enough...25...same as the metal team.
are u using lrb4?

neXus6
14-07-2008, 17:20
LRB4...lol hell no. I use the Handbook :)

Every time a new LRB is released I take it and compare it to my Handbook, and so far every time I have prefered the Handbook.

I am far from a fan of the LRB system I feel they make far too many knee jerk changes that never needed to be made.

I know a lot of people like the LRBs but I personally can't stand them. :p

Marlow
02-08-2008, 20:49
If anyone has some good tactics or plays. Even a good website to visit, with lots of BB goodness.
www.talkbloodbowl.com You need to sign up to see the Forums.
http://www.blood-bowl.net/MBBL/?show=News
Sign up to the MBBL and you can play an Orc team online and see what skills other Orc teams take. It is a great league too!

Is there anything similar to BBfigs for the US?
They will ship to the US, it just costs a few dollars more. Check it out! :)
"Orders in US Dollars have a flat $6.00 USD shipping charge, orders receive free shipping if the merchandise total is $75 USD or more."

lorbaat
03-08-2008, 23:59
Hello gents...

the eternal question- "hijack" this thread by asking for Ork Team advice of my own, or start my own mostly duplicate thread?

Anyway, I've been fascinated by Blood Bowl for years (mostly the league aspect) and with my club starting to make noises that sound like we might start our own, I need a crash course in team design my own self- after flipping through the book a bit I think Orks are the race for me... and I've read this thread and the advice in it. My question is- I'd really like to start with a Troll, both for the fun of whipping my gobbos around and for the pure crushing power of nailing my opponents with a mountain of muscle if they tick me off.

With that in mind... what should I sacrifice? A blocker or two? Am I insane for wanting a Troll in my starting lineup?

the anti santa
04-08-2008, 07:30
Well you can start with

* 4 BOBs
* 4 Blitzers
* 1 Thrower
* 1 Lineman
* 1 Troll
* 2 RR

Which is a pretty decent team, after that you just need to add a goblin for throwing team mate, 1 turn touchdowns.

A Troll is s decent choice to start with, you can put him on the Line of Scrimmage and use him to tie up log AG opposing players too.

lorbaat
04-08-2008, 17:23
Ah, thanks for the pointer!

I'm definitely getting the idea that it's a good idea to max out on Black Orks and Blitzers- all the lists seem to have that in common.

We're planning to get together for a few one-off games before the League starts, maybe I'll swap out the Lineman in the above list for a Gobbo since I won't be accumulating cash.

Now I just need to buy models and start converting!