2x Dispel Scrolls

Peasant Militia:
20 zombies with standard

Peasant Militia:
20 zombies with standard

Peasant Militaia:
20 zombies with standard

Squires:
5 dire wolves (converted to look like undead mounted yoemen)

Squires:
5 dire wolves

Squires:
5 dire wolves

Squires:
5 Dire wolves

The Duke's Hunting Falcons:
4 Vampire bats

1st Lance of Aquataine:
9 Black Knights with barding and full command (Vampire goes here)

2nd Lance of Aquataine:
9 Black Knights with barding and full command (Vampire goes here)

The Black Grail Knights of Aquataine:
4 Blood Knights with standard and banner that gives flaming magical attacks.

7 power dice
6 dispel dice, 2x scrolls

Theme: The Red Duke of Aquataine

Well any views on this?

Thanks

Fallen Scholar

WhiteKnight
18-06-2008, 17:36
I like the theme of the list. So basically I take this used to be a brettonnian army because of the grail knights and peasants.

The leader is very solid. Good addition with the Abyssal Terror. The vampires will do as well in combat and magic phases.

The units work well and the knights will probably destroy the other army you're playing against.

Good luck with the list!

Xirathnix
19-06-2008, 16:31
Too many points in war gear on the lord, 5 over. You are highly vulnerable to war machines especially on a hill. You lack the magic to bring back your knights or to keep your zombie tar pits long. Careful with the wolves they can hurt resolution more then help.

All in all should be a good army if you are very aggressive with it. Brits are gonna pound you.

FallenScholar
19-06-2008, 16:52
Too many points in war gear on the lord, 5 over. You are highly vulnerable to war machines especially on a hill. You lack the magic to bring back your knights or to keep your zombie tar pits long. Careful with the wolves they can hurt resolution more then help.

All in all should be a good army if you are very aggressive with it. Brits are gonna pound you.

Lance: 60 points
Armor: 25 points
Periapt: 15 points

How am I over?

The bats, yoemen and the lord should be able to take care of any gun crews.

Fallen Scholar

Xirathnix
19-06-2008, 21:10
Lance is 65 I believe dont have the book infront of me tho.

Dark_Mage99
19-06-2008, 22:57
Lance is 60, his points are fine.

Love the look of the army... 7 power dice is still a reasonably powerful magic phase, especially if you're just concentrating on sustaining your troops. Very nice looking lord... good in the magic phase, deadly in combat.

Have you had much success with the Terror? I'm yet to try one out, though at half the cost of a dragon and only one wound less they look pretty good (at least defensively).

Just have to watch out with all those zombies that they don't give away too much combat resolution.

Azmazi
20-06-2008, 10:51
Tbh Dark Mage, after trying both the Dragon seems to always work out better overall in the end. The Abyssal just isn't worth it overall. The winged nightmare was nice having the extra str on the charge to boost the overall combat ability, for only 140 points more the Zombie dragon at least has a bonus in close combat, more attacks, a good weapon skill now of 6 (compared to the old 3). Also the other great part is the breath weapon is very useful for hitting units in the rear with after flying over them to put them in a pincer move. Allowing the breath weapon to eat some men down and remove a rank.

Overall on the army list the only thing I would suggest is dropping 2 units of wolves, and 1 unit of zombies into ghouls. Personally I converted some peasants into Ghouls myself and they look pretty cool. Main reason is now that ghouls can be replenished those attacks stack up and help nicely with poison.

snurl
20-06-2008, 10:58
I love this army. I am building one very similar to it myself. You may have seen my zombies for this in the Golden Demon @Baltimore last weekend.