PDA

View Full Version : Can't touch this!!!

vinny t
19-06-2008, 16:41
Ok, I am a deamon player and play a decent, all-Khorne army. But I was looking at the rulebook and realized how amazing deamons could be. And so I created this cheesey list to combat a Helbourg, Ludwig, Steam Tank army.

Thirster with Armor of Khorne, Firestorm Blade, Spell Breaker, and Immortal Fury - 540pts

Nurgle Hearld with Slime Trail - 125pts

12 Letters - 144pts

12 Letters - 144pts

19 Plaguebearers with full command and Icon of Virtulence - 283pts

5 Flesh Hounds - 185pts

5 Flesh Hounds - 185pts

3 Crushers with standerd - 230pts

5 Flamers with Pyrocaster

2000pts

The stratagy is basically go for wizards with flesh hounds, stick nurgle unit in the center of the field and use letters to flank. You then just mop up the rest of the enemy wth crushers, falmers, and (after warmachines are dead) the Thirster.

blackjack
19-06-2008, 17:41
I see no Magic users at all in your list, 2 DD and a spell breaker is all the anti magic your list has got and that is not nearly enough. packs of 5 hounds will not touch wizards in large blocks or flying wizards who can dance.

5 flesh hounds cost 175 not 185.

Crushers without a herald are a waste, drop the crushers and go with more hounds or perhapes a squad of horrors to get more DD in your list. Or give the nurgle herald BSB and a standard of sundering.

vinny t
19-06-2008, 18:36
Ok,
minus - crushers
add - BS and SoS
(to help the anti magic defence)
add - 2 squads of 3 Screamers
(wizard, war machine, scrimishers, and to shave off ranks)

DullMentalRacket
20-06-2008, 01:50
i took 3 crushers alone in the last game i played, they did very well indeed. I wouldnt worry about them being useless.

Malagant
21-06-2008, 04:14
I really like Bloodletters...but they really aren't a very strong unit.

As others have said, the list does seem to be lacking in magic defense.

Perhaps you could scrape up enough points to give the Nurgle Herald Level 1 Wizard, and replace a unit of Bloodletters with Horrors. This would double your Dispel Dice, make your PB block even stronger (the default Nurgle spell is great!), and add a little spice to your ranged firepower with the Horror's Flickering Fire.

vinny t
23-06-2008, 15:39
With 4 PD though mt opponant is gonna have an easy time of stopping my magic. I totally agree with you about the nurgle spell, but mu enemy is going to easilly stop it. So:

Change 1 letter unit into horrors and take off 2 horrors
Take off pyrocaster and get +1 screamer
So my list looks like this:
Thirster with Armor of Khorne, Firestorm Blade, Spell Breaker, and Immortal Fury - 540pts

Nurgle Hearld with Slime Trail - 125pts

10 Horrors - 120pts

12 Letters - 144pts

19 Plaguebearers with full command and Icon of Virtulence - 283pts

5 Flesh Hounds - 185pts

5 Flesh Hounds - 185pts

3 Screamers

4 Screamers

5 Flamers

I have 15 pts left, anyu suggestions???