PDA

View Full Version : 2k Tomb Kings

Rommel21
25-10-2005, 16:11
TOMB KINGS

Lords

King Antigonus: Blade of Setep( 50pts), Armour of the Ages( 35pts), Enchanted Shield( 10pts), Chariot( 45pts). 310pts.
Heroes

Icon Bearer Phyrrus: Light armour (2pts), Icon of the sacred eye (50pts) and chariot (45pts). 162 pts.

Liche Priest Ramo Rutt: Skeletal steed (8pts), Staff of mastery (40pts), Biting blade (10pts). 173pts.

Liche Priest Tutankarmut: Hieratic jar (25pts) and dispel scroll (25pts). 165pts.

Core

20 Skeleton Warriors 1: Spears and Shields (20pts), Light Armour (20pts), Full command (25pts), Banner of the Undying Legion (25pts). 250pts.

20 Skeleton Warriors 2: Hand weapons and shields, Light Armour (20pts), Full command (25pts). 205pts.

20 Skeleton Warriors 3: Hand weapons and bows, light armour (20pts), Full command (25pts). 205pts.

4 Chariots: Full command (50pts), Mirage standard (40pts). 250pts.

Rare

Bone Giant: 220pts.

Total: 1940pts

My first try at tomb kings, please give advice.

Mike.

TheDrugLordX
25-10-2005, 18:03
King Antigonus: Blade of Setep( 50pts), Armour of the Ages( 35pts), Enchanted Shield( 10pts), Chariot( 45pts). 310pts.
A 2+ armour save for the king, that's kinda rare to see these days. And with 5 wounds he's very durable. Though, I'f you want a though king, I do recommend the Golden Ankhra (Instead of Armour/Shield), which more or less doubble his wounds.
It's always nice to ignore armour, but as your king has a very high S (5), a great weapon would fit him better. With -4 to armour saves he'll ignore most armour saves out there. Whilst considering he's only at I3 means that striking last isn't that big of a loss. Just some thoughts.

Icon Bearer Phyrrus: Light armour (2pts), Icon of the sacred eye (50pts) and chariot (45pts). 162 pts.
2 Characters in one chariot unit is a little bit of a overkill. Besides, if you want this banner simply skip The Mirrage Standard and replace it with this one. And with the spare points get another priest, he'll help you out more than this little fellow.

Liche Priest Ramo Rutt: Skeletal steed (8pts), Staff of mastery (40pts), Biting blade (10pts). 173pts.
Biting Blade? Your liche should try avoiding combat. Giving him some weapon is prolly the worst thing you can do, as he won't se that much combat (or if he does, he's prolly dead). Also, the Staff of Ravening is of more use than the Staff of Mastery. (creating this guy to a very offensive unit of his own!)

Liche Priest Tutankarmut: Hieratic jar (25pts) and dispel scroll (25pts). 165pts. OK. But if this one's your Hierophant, I would give him the Cloak of Dunes. The Cloak of Dunes would also make the Hieratic Jar more powerful (giving you are far bigger range of choices to cast spells on).

20 Skeleton Warriors 1: Spears and Shields (20pts), Light Armour (20pts), Full command (25pts), Banner of the Undying Legion (25pts). 250pts.
OK, but I personally don't like skellies with spears.

20 Skeleton Warriors 2: Hand weapons and shields, Light Armour (20pts), Full command (25pts). 205pts.
OK

20 Skeleton Warriors 3: Hand weapons and bows, light armour (20pts), Full command (25pts). 205pts.
Consider splitting this unit into 2 smaller ones for more flexibility. Also a 6+save wont do you much good. Drop the Light Armour.

4 Chariots: Full command (50pts), Mirage standard (40pts). 250pts.
Full command to chariot is a bit overprices. I generally only go with the standard. Sometimes a Champion if I have a special use for him. Otherwise OK

What can I say? I love this guy, and he can be devastating indeed...

You got some Pts left, and with the suggestions I've made you should have spared some more. That would be enough (I think) for a Scorpion. A MUST HAVE if you face a lot of longrange weaponry... (warmachines...)

Oh, I almost forgot. You should try to have a unit that could act as protection for your mounted Liche Priest. Otherwise, he'll be a very juisy target that's easy to kill. A unit of 5-6 Light Cav usually do fine, and can help out with flanking moves.

Rommel21
25-10-2005, 18:14
Thanks! your advice has been invaluable, ill get 2 work on a new list right away!

Mike.

Rommel21
25-10-2005, 20:12
New list, i would make room 4 a scorpian but i h8 the model:

TOMB KINGS

Lords

Heroes

Liche Priest Arkhan: 2 dispel scrolls (50pts). 165pts.

Liche Priest Ramo Rutt: Skeletal steed (8pts), Staff of ravening (45pts). 168pts.

Liche Priest Tutankarmut: Hieratic jar (25pts) and Cloak of Dunes (20pts). 160pts.

Core

20 Skeleton Warriors 1: Hand weapons and Shields, Light Armour (20pts), Full command (25pts), Banner of the Undying Legion (25pts). 230pts.

20 Skeleton Warriors 3: Hand weapons and bows, Full command (25pts). 185pts.

4 Chariots: Standard bearer (20pts), Icon of the sacred eye (50pts). 240pts.

8 Skeleton light horsemen: 112pts

Rare

Total: 1995pts

TheDrugLordX
25-10-2005, 21:41
Okay, so I better update my comments;)

Now you got a very durable magic defense. With 5DD and 2 scrolls I think you will most certanly outmagic most opponents.

The list looks even better. But there are still somethings that I would change:

Firstly, TK is all about co-ordinating attacks. The way to victory is by pinning the enemy with blocks of skellies and wait for your heavier units to out-flank them and overrun.

However, your list lacks of real fighting potential. You have a Unit of Chariots and a Bone Giant. The Light Cav can help but they won't help much unless you're facing light infantry (only see them as a last-way-out unit). You can count with the enemy trying to pin down at least one of these hard hitters, leaving you with only one unit to do the actual job. Imagine how hard it would be for a unit to be everywhere at once...

So, what you need to do is add in some more hard-hitters, or harrasing units. Whatever you choose. I would for this list recomend either:

Scorpion (hey, you hate the modell, and so do I. That's why I plan converting two of my own for my army).
Ushabti (The hardest hitting unit in the TK army list. Though, they are very expensive)
Carrions (War Machine Hunting)
Tomb Guard (They are only 3pts more than skellies, and have great chances of beating even the thoughest of foe in combat!)

All of these units come of course at a cost. Carrions would be the cheapest alternative but they are (imho) least effective. 3 of em comes at 72pts, but iIf you do have pts I would add something fancier. Like a scorpion.

Ushabti Simply seem to pricy for your list (3 for 195pts:wtf: ) so we could skip them from the list.

Tomb Guard would be fairly easy to add in, simply drop a unit of skellies + something more and add in a unit of Tomb Guards. They're only at 3pts/modell extra.

What to draw pts from? I got some ideas:

IMHO the fast cav unit is to big. They should be small and effective, this one just seems big and clumsy to me. Drop atleast 2, saving 28pts, maybe even 3 giving you 42pts!

Bowmen, having 2 units of 10 instead of one with 20 gives you more flexibility. And if you do this, you can skip the full command, as bowmen are cursed to die in combat anyhow. Saving you yet enother 25pts.

You could drop a scroll, and/or go for the equipment choices for your TK as I adviced earlier. That would save you even more pts (considering you have a little bit of overweight, in pts, in characters).

The Suggestions can save you up to 136pts. That could give you a decent unit of carrions, or a scorpion and something else of non-significal importance. And still, the suggestions I've made about the list don't change the style of it very much.

Rommel21
27-10-2005, 09:20
Thanks for the help! Okay, its my birthday 2moz so ill see what funding ill have and then ill start modifying the list on sat, thanks again!

Mike.

fubukii
27-10-2005, 16:38
you need to add some tomb scorpions for mage huniting/warmachine killing/combat support.

static-breed
27-10-2005, 22:42
The list is good except the fact that I don't think it's legal for you King to have the Armour of Ages and an Enchanted Shield...unless for some reason the shield doesn't take count as magic armour (?).

Secondly maybe you should drop the Cavalry size to 5 models and make a second unit of 5 by squeezing 28pts. from somewhere. It'll add a lot to your maneuverability and it'll give you another nice harrassing unit. Other than that it all looks pretty good.

samw
27-10-2005, 22:58
Enchanted shield can be combined with magical armour, as per the specific exception in the rule book, "may be combined with magical or mundane armour as normal".

static-breed
28-10-2005, 00:06
Ok, I stand corrected...I didn't have my book on me at the moment. Sorry about that...

Since I'm posting again, I might as well say something usefull.

As of now your army just seems to be "Here I am, shoot me before I get to you". You need to throw in some more variation into the list...say Heavy Cavalry, more Light Cavalry, or even more Chariots? Basically what I'm saying is just add a little more flavor to your list. I guess thats just a personal preferance but do as you wish. :)