PDA

View Full Version : 1k Tourney List - Brets - Errantry War

EldarBishop
19-06-2008, 19:44
There's a 1,000 Fantasy Tourney coming up and I was looking for some criticism on my list. I'm not too sure about 3 units of Yeoman. Maybe a Trebuchet... I'd really like to squeeze in some Pegasus Knights, but I think that they are too expensive for a 1k game. Also, this is my first time having a Damsel as my General, though I'm hoping the Grail Knight champions can pick up the slack.

I have a fair amount of stuff... I could add/sub units though I'd like to a) stay most/all mounted, and b) retain the Errantry War variant.

Here's the list:

1 Damsel of the Lady, [U]General; ML 1, Dispel Scroll, Warhorse [105]

1 Damsel of the Lady; ML 1, Dispel Scroll, Warhorse [105]

1 Paladin Battle Standard Bearer; Knightly Vow, War Banner, Warhorse [99]

5 Knights Errant; Musician; #Errantry Banner, Grail Knight Champion [143]

5 Mounted Yeomen; Shield; Musician; Fast Cavalry [87]

Casting Pool: 4, Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 33

Total Army Cost: 999

Malorian
19-06-2008, 22:48
You might want to make sure this campain army is even going to be allowed.

I'd drop two units of mounted yeomen and drop the damsesl. You won't see much magic in 1000 and 4 PD against the base 2 DD isn't worth the points.

With the svaed points get another paladin and two more units of knights, or a unit of peg knights.

EldarBishop
19-06-2008, 23:33
I have the 2 damsels for magic defence (not offence). The extra dispel dice, and the extra Magic Res. dice as well. I agree that most of the time there will not be much magic, but I have seen a lot of overloaded magic lists (granted that was in 6th, haven't played in too many tourney's under 7th rules).

Most of the Storm of Chaos lists are still valid for tournament play (in Canada anyways - they are listed in the Hall of Heroes section on GW Canada's site).

yedee
20-06-2008, 07:56
Just as Malorian said drop one or two units of yeomen and probably a damsel, For the points get a virtue of duty on BSB and make the lances at least 8 knights strong. It would be best if you could get some pegasus as well.

EldarBishop
20-06-2008, 21:21
Do we agree that this is better, or should I find a way to squeeze that 2nd dispel scroll back in? Or should I just drop the Damsel(s) all together, and get a Paladin general (ie. NO magic defense)?

1000 Pts - Bretonnia Army - Errantry War

1 Damsel of the Lady, General; Magic Level 1, Dispel Scroll, Warhorse [105]

1 Paladin Battle Standard Bearer; Knightly Vow, Sword of Might, Virtue of Duty, Warhorse [124] Pts

7 Knights Errant, Musician; #Errantry Banner, Grail Knight Champion [183] Pts
[General and BSB go here, for 9 models]

6 Knights Errant, Musician; #Errantry Banner, Grail Knight Champion [163] Pts

6 Knights Errant, Musician; #Errantry Banner, Grail Knight Champion [163] Pts

3 Pegasus Knights; Musician [175] Pts

5 Mounted Yeomen; Shield; Musician; Fast Cavalry [87] pts

Casting Pool: 3, Dispel Pool: 3

Models in Army: 29

Total Army Cost: 1000

Griptenstien
21-06-2008, 01:54
That looks a better list to me, 3 yeoman units was too much and the pagasus are nasty in 1000 even only 3!

EldarBishop
05-07-2008, 05:55
The second list is exactly the one I played. I usually play 2k, Thanks for the help!

I ended up with 3 massacres (in 3 rounds), winning Generalship (and Sportsman, but you can only win one).

Ran right over a pile of Dwarves. High elves with 2 wizards (and 1 hero) was a bit rough, had to pick and choose my magic beats carefully. The Treeman was a challenge in 1k game... but 5 wounds on the charge was good, and I actually won that game (the Treeman broke and managed to live, I was tied up with another unit, but I'll still take it).