10 thunderers

19 hammerers w/ full command, shieldw/ rune of grungni
15 miners
15 miners
bolt thrower w/ rune of penetrating
cannon w/ rune of burning
cannon

Total: 2998

I think it's a good mix, but that lord takes up a lot of points. Should I drop him for more warriors and a couple of thanes?

AFoolProofPlan
19-06-2008, 23:33
Are you going to be fighting Ogres and such? Otherwise Rune of Smiting could be an overkill for just fighting one character. But Ld 10 is nice though...

No forging on Cannons either?

It looks like a fun list though. Lots of CC blocks and shooting.
I can't think of anything really constructive to add at this point though. lol

Brother Gabriel
20-06-2008, 00:08
In my opinion you have way to much warriors.
But thats a matter of taste, i usually take only as much warriors as i have to. I prefer hammerers and more hammerers and i wouldnt take a lord but a runemaster with anvil..
Sorry i guess i really prefer a much different style of play :).

gazpage
20-06-2008, 13:41
I like these kind of lists, but as usual all of my suggestions cost more, know that can be unhelpful...

Dwarf lord w/ shield bearers, shield, rune of smiting, 2X rune of cleaving

Stating the obvious, but holding the line is absolutely key with dwarfs. The extra point of leadership when combined with BSB can go a long way, so I would always use a lord at >2000pts.

Personally I find a GW lord with some solid armour (Stone and Resistance) does better than a lord with more hitting power but less armour. Regardless, with the low initiative of a dwarf, you may as well use a GW with Kragg the Grimm and two other runes (the smiting that you have if you like, but I would use +2A or +1A +1S) and then Rune of Stone than your combination.

Runelord w/ anvil of doom w/ shield

At 3000pts, you will have 6 DD, which I don't think is enough. Think you should have a couple of scrolls and perhaps Rune of Balance or you'll get destroyed by Lore of Iron or something. People don't like it, but getting rune of spell breaking off against vamps really changed the course of a battle for me.

BSB thane w/ rune of shielding, rune of challenge

Is he to go in the same unit as the lord? Think it is vital that the lord can utilise the rune of challenge or he will just be avoided

I've never seen the point in rune of shielding. This guy should always be in a unit and so not taking missile hits. Would try to get Gromril on him, or at least stone.

20 warriors w/ full command, shields

Warriors are cool, but I find longbeards with their strength 4 so much better. Any way you can upgrade two of the units?

10 quarrellers
10 quarrellers
10 thunderers
10 thunderers

Good, but would give them shields. With shields they have AS 4+ from the front, and can see off nearly all missile troop hunting units.

19 hammerers w/ full command, shieldw/ rune of grungni

Cool.

15 miners
15 miners

These guys are pretty sweet with the Anvil, but not sure I see the need for two units.

bolt thrower w/ rune of penetrating

Would try to stick an engineer on here. Extra +1 to hit increases hit probability by 50% or by 33% depending on range, which is much less than the extra cost

cannon w/ rune of burning

Rune of Forging is worth its wait in gromril.

cannon

Don't have the points in front of me, but 2 bolt throwers with penetrating (one with burning), and one cannon with forging probably more effective.

Total: 2998