PDA

View Full Version : Uh Dwarf Infantry?

Slaaneshi Ice Cream
20-06-2008, 05:16
I might be getting a dwarf army soon and I'm wondering does the dwarf infantry list actually work? The army I'm looking at is very shooty: tons of thunderers, cannons, some miners, and various characters - no Thorek.

OldMaster
20-06-2008, 05:39
They are not too cheap, but basically, yeah, gunlines work.. :\

AFoolProofPlan
20-06-2008, 06:57
Like it's been said, it works.
But if you want friends to play with, balanced list would be better...

W0lf
20-06-2008, 07:20
Thunderers are so over-rated.

I rarely use more then 10 in my competitive builds.

2x organ gun and 2 S7 bolt throwers is pretty much all the shooting an army needs.

22-06-2008, 20:37
I hope an all dwarf iunfantry army works..cause they don't have cav.....

but as stated gunlines are not very popular to play against. as long as you are aware of that go ahead

W0lf
22-06-2008, 20:50
My current dwarf build uses:

2 x 24 warriors, fc
24 Hammerers, FC
Lord, 2 thanes (one is bsb), Rune smith
2 bolt throwers
2 organ guns
10 thunderers

Works really well, hasnt lost yet. Vs vampire counts, skaven, goblins and ogres.

sulla
23-06-2008, 03:14
2x organ gun and 2 S7 bolt throwers is pretty much all the shooting an army needs.

Nice cheap effective combo.

silverstu
23-06-2008, 08:57
Hmm- gunlines might win but they are not the most fun to play [with or against] - WOlf 's list looks good-enough shooting and serious combat potential. I recommend swinging axes rather than blazing guns- get stuck in!!
Bolt throwers area really nice cheap choice and longbeards are a really good core combat choice. Hand weapons and shield is a really good basic set up - add a cutting edge with a thane with a rune or two[of fury]. I've played dwarfs for years and the most satisfying way of playing is combat with supporting fire- I think it's the most effective set up. I also try and get as many dwarfs as I can for the points. They are a great army- hope you have fun with them.

The Red Scourge
23-06-2008, 09:24
Basic gunline game.

Set up. Roll dice, roll dice, roll dice, roll dice, roll dice, roll dice.

Pack up and go home.

You might win, you might lose, but you won't get the satisfaction of outsmarting your opponent. Just the thrill of "Wooow! I rolled great/above average!" or "Awww man! I have such crappy dice rolls, just the worst of luck!"