PDA

View Full Version : Skulltaker vs Herald of Khorne

Heimlich
20-06-2008, 16:33
Alright, here is my dilemma, in my 2k list, Im using a bloodthirster, Skulltaker, and a herald of khorne. Should I even bother using skulltaker? Also, should I put the herald on a juggernaught (with 3 bloodcrushers) and Skulltaker on a chariot, or the other way around?

isidril93
20-06-2008, 16:36
well the chariot of khorne is like twice as much as it is for skulltaker than it is for a herald (probably a mistake though).

minionboy
20-06-2008, 17:31
If you're going to put a herald on chariot, you may as well use Skulltaker, since he isn't a Locus, it doesn't matter if he's in a unit or not. With a normal herald, you lose the usefulness of his locus, so it's kinda lame to put him on a chariot IMO.

MalusCalibur
20-06-2008, 17:41
Perhaps it's just me, but I would be loathe to use special characters, whether they're in the army list or not. Use a Herald and give him a name, background, and strategy of your own, instead of falling back on the underpriced and frankly dull Skulltaker.

MalusCalibur

minionboy
20-06-2008, 19:09
I think special characters in Daemons are different than most armies. In the Daemon book, they are the staple, often adding in new features and strategies to an army which is typically very straight forward.

And I still say go with Skulltaker if you're going to go with a chariot. :P

Malagant
21-06-2008, 05:16
If the prices were comparable, it would be a pretty easy decision to use Skulltaker on the Chariot...

but is 150 points worth it?

Lordsaradain
21-06-2008, 05:48
Perhaps it's just me, but I would be loathe to use special characters, whether they're in the army list or not. Use a Herald and give him a name, background, and strategy of your own, instead of falling back on the underpriced and frankly dull Skulltaker.

MalusCalibur

It's not just you. ;)

Heimlich
21-06-2008, 09:39
Skulltaker + Brass Behemoth is quite nice too

OldMaster
21-06-2008, 11:27
Yeah, I have mine mounted on a Jugg.
He actually is very reasonable for his 200 points >.>

Cheeko
22-06-2008, 22:00
i agree with maluscalibur stick with a herald and make your own hero so much more fun!!!

Dark_Mage99
23-06-2008, 11:22
Skulltaker all the way. That way your Lord doesn't need to worry about enemy characters so much; Skulltaker can go and slay his general straight away.

Ulfson
24-06-2008, 01:51
Keep the Herald on foot with a unit of bloodletters for sure. Killing blow at S5 with re-rolls to hit is just nasty.

I think you should keep skulltaker, and stick him on a Jugger. Firstly, for the points it is an awesome stat line, and will crush skirmishing units, light cav and threaten enemy characters quite easily. Secondly, I've seen a conversion of Skulltaker on a Jugger. It looks sweet - all you have to do is position skulltaker on to his knee (his right leg is unattached, so it seems as if he is up on one knee) swap his sword to the other hand, and connect a chain from the Juggers collor to his right hand and hey presto! You have a huge and intimidating Skulltaker!

agent032125
24-06-2008, 02:44
Ok this is off topic, but it's driving me nuts. Fix your signature.

A parish is a type of administrative subdivision. It is used by some Christian churches, usually liturgical churches, and also by the civil government in a number of countries

I think the word you're looking for is perish.

1. to die or be destroyed through violence, privation, etc
2. to pass away or disappear
3. to suffer destruction or ruin

"Death to the living; all races, all religions, everything must administrative subdivision." doesn't make much sense, does it?