PDA

View Full Version : Gut magic question

Urgat
21-06-2008, 11:32
Trollgut says that the wound cannot be regenerated or saved. Does that mean blood gruel cannot be used to regenerate that wound later, or by "regenerated", does it just mean a regen "save" (which might be odd, because you get regeneration only thanks to... trollgut).
Also, if I cast one of the gut spell on a unit in which there's a hero, does the hero beneficiates from that spell too?

lparigi34
21-06-2008, 17:12
1.- No regeneration, IMHO, not immediately and not afterward. It is like reducing your profile wounds by one.

2.- Yes, the Hero is also affected. However in the case of RIP spells, if the hero abandons the unit while the spell is in play, then you must chose who the spell continues affecting, either the unit or the hero but never both.

Gorbad Ironclaw
21-06-2008, 20:24
1.- No regeneration, IMHO, not immediately and not afterward. It is like reducing your profile wounds by one.

No it isn't. Regeneration in warhammer is a clearly defined thing, it's the save given to you by having the Regeneration special rule. That you are unable to use that to save against the wound have absolutely nothing to do with being able to heal it later.

Loopstah
21-06-2008, 20:35
It's possible the Butcher could already be in a unit affected by Trollguts in which case he would get a regeneration save, although not when casting Trollguts.

On the other hand didn't Regeneration work differently in 6th Edition? The OK book is a 6th Edition book, so that might have something to do with it?

MalusCalibur
22-06-2008, 00:48
All it means is that the Wound inflicted can't be saved by any means. As rightly stated, Regeneration is a form of save (although in 6th it worked differently, it was still a form of save), which is why it is mentioned.
The wound caused can indeed be regained later with Bloodgruel.

MalusCalibur

lparigi34
22-06-2008, 01:15
All it means is that the Wound inflicted can't be saved by any means. As rightly stated, Regeneration is a form of save (although in 6th it worked differently, it was still a form of save), which is why it is mentioned.
The wound caused can indeed be regained later with Bloodgruel.

MalusCalibur

Then, I feel deeply thankful, I tend not to use that spell since I played it like the way I stated, thus benefiting my opponents :p.

Now I will be using it a lot more often.

Urgat
22-06-2008, 10:12
Then, I feel deeply thankful, I tend not to use that spell since I played it like the way I stated, thus benefiting my opponents :p.

Now I will be using it a lot more often.

Heh, same here :p
This was really bothering me, so I decided to ask in case I would be wrong and, well, I was, and it's cool.