PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Thunder, Chariot Themed Chaos 2k

redbaron998
22-06-2008, 04:21
Obviously I love Chariots...and why not pick among the heaviest in the game.

Personally I love the new chaos list, the ability to give all my chariots a 6+ ward means that they at least have a 1/6 chance to survive a cannonball. And dont get me started on the Golden Eye of Tzeentch, that Item is truly godlike for a Chariot Hero.

Lords –
Exalted Sorcerer @ 340 (with marauders to provide leadership)
- Lvl 4
- MOT
- Chaos Familiar
- Barbed Chaos Steed

Heroes-

Exalted Champion @ 250
- MOT
- Golden Eye of Tzeentch
- Halberd
- Chariot

Aspiring Champion @ 175
- BSB
- Banner of Wrath
- Barbed Chaos Steed
- Shield
- Mark of Tzeentch

Core-

25 Marauders @ 180
- Shields
- FC

25 Marauders @ 180
- Shields
- FC

25 Marauders @ 180
- Shields
- FC

6 War hounds @ 36

6 War hounds @ 36

6 War hounds @ 36

6 War hounds @ 36

Special-

Chariot @ 110
- MOT

Chariot @ 110
- MOT

Chariot @ 110
- MOT

Chariot @ 110
- MOT

Chariot @ 110
- MOT

Chariot (for Exalted)

Total 1999

Lord- 1
Heroes- 2
Chariots- 6
Infantry- 75
Hounds-
CD- 7
DD- 5

This is a Hammer and Anvil plan, Chariots move up the flanks. Hounds try to intercept anything that can get the charge on the chariot...cause we wouldnt want that for obvious reasons.

The Marauders move up with the BSB and Sorcerer to provide a combat front against the enemy

Anyways what do yall think of the list? I have to admit I am pretty excited about it, the biggest potential problems I forsee are Terrain and enemy flyers that my hounds cant interecept.

EDIT: Swapped 2 Sorcerers for 1 Exalted so I can get Ldr 8 to my marauders, also ditched 1 chariot to add some more hounds to negate flanks

yedee
22-06-2008, 10:43
Though im not sure i believe you cant take that many chariots. The ones your charcters are riding in must be bought as a special choice, isnt it this way?:confused:

What about dragons? How you plan to kill them?

Consider droping levels form sorcerers and the familiar (each sorcerer w/ DS only) and you should be able to afford Banner of the Gods - otherwise i dont see the marauders taking any charge and not breaking (especially as you dont give them armours). Maybe drop a muso&champ and/or couple marauders in order to buy them light armours? Sv 4+ is worth considering IMHO.

Nevertheless the list seems very interesting to me. Try it out and share your opinions!

EDIT: One thing more: your incredibly slow! Thats probably the biggest problem you will have to face. Against gunline armies you stand nearly no chance. 6+ ward is better then nothing but its still counting on lucky dice rolls. The marauders w/6+ armour save are going to die to any shoting (crossbows) from turn one onwards. Beware the panic! And good luck...

W A L 5 H Y
22-06-2008, 11:49
Was this army list wrote by using the update in this months white drarf?? I hate the update! they taken most of the magic items away and will slaanesh still be nasty?? i hope so...............

redbaron998
22-06-2008, 17:28
Ok so I did need the special slots, I changed out the marauder horsemen for the slots needed for the chariots

I added 4 units of hounds for negating ranks for the marauders and the chariots (had to ditch 1 chariot for the points)

I also took the 2 sorcerers off the chariots (keep the chariots though, they are just not mounted on them) since I will have hounds to negate ranks and so I could put an exalted Sorcerer with my marauder line to give Ldr 8...as we know a Ldr 8 with re-roll is alot better than ldr 7 with re-roll

With my leftover points I added the banner of wrath, but that was more cause I had the points left over than anything else.

As for Dragons and other such scary things hopefully I can use magic, if not try to sacrifice something to get it stuck in CC so I can hit it with my chariots, I would be really scared of Star Dragons and thier str 7 though....

This is what I am thinking about for the 3k expansion:

Switch Exalted Sorcererís Familiar with Staff of change @ 30

Sorcerer @ 180
- MoT
- LvL 2
- Barbed Chaos Steed
- Chaos Familier

Sorcerer @ 190
- MoT
- LvL 2
- Barbed Chaos Steed
- 2x Dispel Scrolls