PDA

View Full Version : Speed Deamons. 2000pts

blackjack
22-06-2008, 06:44
Well this list has a serious need for speed. Hopefully with beasts this list will get turn 1 assaults on enemy gun lines. Can run circles around blocks and will be able to hold its own against enemy cav lists. I am still very new to WFB so let me know what you think.

10 Horrors w Icon of Sorc

5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds

4 Fiends of Slanesh
4 Fiends of Slanesh

Herald of Tz
Master of Sorc
Winged Horror

Herald of Tz
Master of Sorc
Winged Horror

The Masque

Gabacho Mk.II
22-06-2008, 06:57
Nice.

Against high Toughness armies, and those fielding large blocks of rank and file though, I dont know - your army might be lacking a tad there.

Otherwise, I like the list.

blackjack
22-06-2008, 07:04
Well hopfully with the speed and some magic help I will be flanking like no tommorow with this list. (Thats the plan anyway.) Against high T I am not sure, apart from bears anger on the masque, 8 str 6 AP attacks at WS 7 baby! I'm not sure what I can do about it. Maybe fire off a hunters spear, which is a 6 str pocket bolt thrower for each of my heralds. Keep in mind the Hounds are str 5 which is not too bad...

W A L 5 H Y
22-06-2008, 13:06
nice im guessing the horrors will just sit in the centre casing off magic? and your hounds and fiends will be in the enemys face straight away, nice! will work well against shooty armies! but your laking your blocks n stuff that will win you combats!!

blackjack
22-06-2008, 15:07
Walshy your may be right, but like i say I hope to get in with two units vs a block, one with flank. If I can not arrainge that my units have enough mobility to simply avoid blocks and pick at them with magic.

Cheeko
22-06-2008, 20:21
i think walshys right sooner or later you are goin to b in combat with your horrors then you are goin to lose a lot of magic and against a good elve player you are goin to get hurt beleive me iv tryed but nice armie list!!!!!

blackjack
22-06-2008, 20:38
Thanks Cheeko.

I know it's not a beat everything list. But WFB is a rock paper sissors game. I think I will build it and see how it runs.

Anyone have any advice on how to make it better ( but still within its speed theme?)

blackjack
23-06-2008, 01:53
Does anyone consider this an improvment?

5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds
5 Flesh Hounds

4 Fiends of Slanesh
4 Fiends of Slanesh

Herald of Tz
Master of Sorc
Flames of Tz
Disc of Tz

Herald of Tz
Master of Sorc
Flames of Tz
Disk of Tz
BSB
Banner of Hell Fire

The Masque

Malagant
23-06-2008, 05:57
Have you considered putting the Heralds on Chariots?

Terrokhan
23-06-2008, 12:47
Id consider taking screamers, for starters,..not much versatility here. What if your put against demons with a bloodthirster or HE's with a dragon. Big flying unstoppable monsters will hurt you bad as they will out maneuver you, not go down from magic and pretty much destroy your entire army.

blackjack
23-06-2008, 15:28
The plan against Big monstors, (admitidly hard against HE and Khorne) was to uses beast cowers. I am not sure what screamers would add to the big flying monstor equasion. The other part of the big flying mon plan was to use wolf hunts on my fiends to match a flyers manuverability, again harder against HE.

Here we go! Try this List. I thought it was a bit too cheesy, but it has the power dice to shove magic down a typical HE or Khorne armies throat. And there are not many lists that are going to out manuver it.

10 horros with icon of sorc
12 horros with icon of sorc
10 horros with icon of sorc

Herald of Tz
Master of Sorc
Chariot of Tz
BSB

Herald of Tz
Master of Sorc
Chariot of Tz

Lord of Change
Lv 4 Wizard
Will of Tzeench
Power Vortex

3 Fiends of Slaneesh
4 Fiends of Slaneesh

The Masque

Armilthuan
23-06-2008, 15:39
I'd consider dropping the Icons on the horrors. It's not a huge improvement (3+ over 4+ to cast), and as the enemy is near your horrors in short order, you are giving away 300 VP to the enemy.

Otherwise, I can't see much wrong with that list.

nyahuma
23-06-2008, 15:54
Yeah, this is the kind of list I like to play in general (I play wood elves and lizzards a lot) right now I am using a Slaanesh daemon list (with some flesh hounds for muscle). I love to dominate the movement part of the game. One key I have found with this kind of list is to keep thins as cheap as possible (hard with daemons) so, yeah, I would maybe drop the icons and use the points for more troops. Let us know how it works.

Terrokhan
25-06-2008, 01:58
Yeah, this is better. More maneuverable and alot more fire power. Maybe you should look into a unit of seekers though, with a siren standard they are excellent at countering other shooting armies.