PDA

View Full Version : 2k Daemon list (First daemon list).

dsw1
22-06-2008, 15:52
I have been waiting over a month to get my hands on the daemons book and I finally got a hold of it today :D, so I have quickly constructed a list which I think may work. I am unsure how it will need improving (except on how to take out highly armoured foes).

Herald of Slaanesh - 90pts
Level 1 wizard- 50pts
Many armed Monstrosity (+2A) - 50pts
190pts

Herald of Slaanesh - 90pts
Level 1 - 50pts
Siren song (Enemy must either Charge or flee)-25pts
Battle Standard bearer - 25pts
Great Standard of Sundering - 50pts
240pts

Herald of Tzeentch - 115pts
Spell breaker (Equivalent to a dispel scroll)- 25pts
Flames of Tzeentch (D6 st4 hits)- 25pts
165pts

Herald of Tzeentch - 115pts
Spell breaker - 25pts
Flames of Tzeentch - 25pts
165pts

Units

10 Pink horrors - 120pts
Standard - 12pts
Icon of Sorcery (+1 for the unit to cast) - 15pts
147pts

10 Pink horrors - 120pts
Standard - 12pts
Icon of sorcery - 15pts
147pts

20 Daemonettes - 240pts
Full command - 30pts
Banner of Ecstasy (Stubborn of first break test) - 25pts
295pts

5 Screamers - 150pts
5 Screamers - 150pts

5 Flamers - 175pts
5 Flamers - 175pts

1999pts

Power dice - 10
Dispel Dice - 8 + -2 to cast from one law + 2 scrolls
Model count -64

I have gone with heavier magic defence because of the fact that most of my friends play heavy magic armies (or atleast make their lists heavy magic) and so I needed some defence against that.

The heralds will go in their respective units (tzeentch in horrors, Slaanesh in daemonettes) and will sit back for 2 turns and cast magic while the enemy advances (Slowed by constant peppering of Flamers and screamers).

Please, if you have any criticisms of this list then please do reply and tell me where I am going wrong.

I am aware that I may need more core units to bulk up my army, but I chose 4 extra flamers instead (as so to make 2 units of 5) because on average I should get about 35 shots (most likely hitting on 5's then wounding on 3's) so should be able to panic one or two units before they get close enough (and if not panic then thin the lines).

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to your replies :).

W A L 5 H Y
22-06-2008, 16:28
yh its very good in terms of the magic phase and the shooting phase but its like you said you need to bulk up the number of deamons that can do something in combat like bloodletters i doubt one good block of deamonetts will be able to hold for very long especially against a decent combat army like elves or somin

Also an idea would be to take a power vortex or 2 to get more dice in the pool that you can give the slaanesh heralds! because i feel there lore is a lot more nasty and usefull than the tzeentch one

Anyway tell me how your first battle goes gd luck!

dsw1
22-06-2008, 16:50
yh its very good in terms of the magic phase and the shooting phase but its like you said you need to bulk up the number of deamons that can do something in combat like bloodletters i doubt one good block of deamonetts will be able to hold for very long especially against a decent combat army like elves or somin

Also an idea would be to take a power vortex or 2 to get more dice in the pool that you can give the slaanesh heralds! because i feel there lore is a lot more nasty and usefull than the tzeentch one

Anyway tell me how your first battle goes gd luck!

I think you are correct there, I won't be able to hold off most combat units, so I must pick and choose who gets in combat with me (Thus why I chose the Siren song).

I do plan to not get into combat but I know it is eventually going to be unavoidable, but like I said, hopefully by then I will have thinned out the lines of my toughest enemy units. My regular gaming friends are Night Goblin/Vampire player, and a Lizardmen/Ogres player (The lizardmen are actually mine, I lent them him so he can get back into the game after a while of not playing).

I should hopefully be having my first 2k battle with these daemons soon, and may do a battle report (It most likely won't be very good) about it. I Just need to get my last 5 horrors and I should be ready to go.

I do personally like the New Tzeentch magic, better than the slaanesh now anyway. While the Slaanesh was uberly powerful in the old Hordes of Chaos book, I think it has severely been weakened. I was hoping with the Tzeentch to have more of a Machine gun effect (lots of Magic missiles), and since Lore of Tzeentch has a few good missiles then I assumed it may be perfect.

Thank you for your comments W A L 5 H Y, I may re jig my list a little and buy some Bloodletters, I have heard they are good in combat but I always assumed that they wouldn't be as good as Daemonettes because of the sheer volume of attacks that a daemonette unit can pump out. I will look into this further, Thank you very much :).

W A L 5 H Y
22-06-2008, 18:29
no problem m8 my mate uses deamons aswell and i agree the deamonetts are awsome due to the number of attacks! but bloodletters when they charge can do damage to anything regardless of how tough it is! With S5 WS5 and the killing blow rule! BTW what GW you play at? msg bk