PDA

View Full Version : Ripper options in new 'nid codex...

Lion El Jason
22-04-2005, 12:15
Rippers in the new 'nid dex can have flying and remain a troops choice. This makes all-flying armies possible and means that those who converted flying rippers can keep them...

Rabid Bunny 666
22-04-2005, 12:17
cool, i think they may get gun options because of the concept art i have seen, they all have guns instead of their lower jaws

Jonathan =I=
22-04-2005, 12:21
Hearing this kind of thing wants to make me do a ripper army more then ever. Anyone for Necromunda ripperjacks. :)

Lion El Jason
22-04-2005, 12:31
I think the only ranged option is still spinefists...though looking at this I'm not sure:

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/tyranids/extras/conceptart/1.htm

For mine Ill be using epic gargoyles...

Brimstone
22-04-2005, 20:09
Rippers in the new 'nid dex can have flying and remain a troops choice. This makes all-flying armies possible and means that those who converted flying rippers can keep them...

That's not my understanding of the codex, it quite clearly states that Rippers that choose the winged option become a fast attack choice and may not take extended carapace.

They can have the same range of biomorphs as the create your own hive fleet list in the current codex as well as flesh hooks.

Spinefists are the only ranged weapon option.

Don't forget the concept art is just that concept and may represent options considered but not put into the codex.

Lion El Jason
22-04-2005, 23:18
Yeah? I've seen your info before and its always been good but see the new WD on P62. It clearly says winged rippers are troops too....

Brimstone
23-04-2005, 04:41
Yeah? I've seen your info before and its always been good but see the new WD on P62. It clearly says winged rippers are troops too....

hmmm.. interesting I wonder if it was changed in the codex or WD have it wrong.

Oh well not long to find out for sure. :)