PDA

View Full Version : 40k insults

CELS
25-10-2005, 21:23
Ok, everyone, let's see what kind of insults you can think of from the 40k universe? Obviously, in the grim darkness of the far future, the Ecclessiarchy has purged Low Gothic of the f-word and all the 20th century insults related to various genetalia. So what do people say in the Imperium when they really want to insult someone?

So far, all I can think of is 'feth', 'gak' and 'warp-whore', or other things that begin or end with 'whore'.

Help! This is extremely important :p

GamesmasterZ
25-10-2005, 21:28
The Seven Hells of Chaos seems to be describing Hell itself.

Moi Dix Mois
25-10-2005, 21:34
Son of a Grox.

Puffin Magician
25-10-2005, 21:36
If only because of the general "burn the witch, hate the alien, hang the traitor" propeganda of the Imperium, I'd imagine that most human insults relate to Xenos races.

"You throw like an Eldar!"
"You're dumber than an Ork and you smell worse than a Kroot!"

etc.

That's mainly what insults are for, afterall... the degredation of someone else. However, if most humans don't even know about the Xenos races [since it's mostly hush-hush, no?], they might resort to insulting each other according to what part of the city/planet/galaxy is considered insulting. Pretty much the equivalent of racist insults nowadays.

And yeah, throw in some funky-sounding expletives that don't really make any sense at all. Just remember to make 'em blunt & harsh.

GamesmasterZ
25-10-2005, 21:41
Puffin Magician.

You smell like a Kroot.

Frodo34x
25-10-2005, 21:45
You dirty, vacuum sucking Squat Fragger

Wraithbored
25-10-2005, 21:47
Ignorant Mon'keigh!

Wraithbored
25-10-2005, 21:48
As the good ol' greenskins put it: ZOG!!!

GamesmasterZ
25-10-2005, 21:48
Actually...

I think the better insult to someone's offensive hygiene is...

'You smell like an Ogryn!'

Or! For Nurgle.

'You smell like a Daemonette!'

ML Kurze
25-10-2005, 21:54
Well we have from Necromunda:
- Spire! (more oath than anything)
- Spyrer! (more oath than anything)
- Scav! (meaning degenerate mutant)
- Are you on spook or something? (=what kind of crack are you smoking?)

General:
- brainbolt (slang for sanctioned psyker, used by IG)
- cogboy (slang for adeptus mechanicus personel, used by IG)
- meatbag (slang for unaugmented humans, used by AM)
- blunts (slang for non-psychic humans, used by any kind of psyker)
- warp spawn, twist, warp whore, witch, wizard, etc (slang for psykers and other mutants, used by the citizens of the Imperium)
- Go to the Eye, Go to the Warp, etc (=go to hell)
- Vandire's Blood, Emperor's Blood, Emperor's Teeth, etc (oaths)
- Bluies (slang for Tau)
- Jackboys (slang for Adeptus Arbites)

As the above illustrates, there are about hundreds of insults. So, in other words, find a bad word and use it. The Imperium's so large, you're bound to find a word where your oath will be used.

NakedFisherman
25-10-2005, 21:57
It's probably also dependent on the world the speaker is from and what the local vernacular is. I doubt a Valhallan would curse the same as a Cadian. Well, not all the time at least.

Wraithbored
25-10-2005, 21:57
In comissar training school: "OI! I hope you get sent to Catachan!!"

Puffin Magician
25-10-2005, 22:00
I knew there was a few in the IG Codex but other than them and Orks, the other races/armies aren't really so vulgar as to curse often enough for records to be noted!

Marines/Ordos/Mechanicus would probably say "The Emperor [Machine God ;)] is not with us today" or shout "Cursed Xenos/Traitors!", Tyranids would hiss, Necrons would click/whrr/bzz, and Chaos wouldn't swear... they'd laugh.

The Eldar might make references to gods they don't like; Slaanesh, Ynnead, whoever else...

- warp spawn, twist, warp whore, witch, wizard, etc (slang for psykers and other mutants, used by the citizens of the Imperium)
I'm glad "Magician" isn't in there! :D

GamesmasterZ: Get lost in the Warp, you gakkin' meatbag! :p
hey, this is fun...

CELS
25-10-2005, 22:26
Thanks, lots of good stuff. I'm not talking about oaths though, like "Emperor's Teeth" and all that. I'm talking about insults. You know, a hive ganger meets someone he doesn't like. What does he say? Son of a grox? :)

Meatbag, that's good. Mechanicus insult :)

Philip S
25-10-2005, 22:34
Ok, everyone, let's see what kind of insults you can think of from the 40k universe? Obviously, in the grim darkness of the far future, the Ecclessiarchy has purged Low Gothic of the f-word and all the 20th century insults related to various genetalia. So what do people say in the Imperium when they really want to insult someone?

So far, all I can think of is 'feth', 'gak' and 'warp-whore', or other things that begin or end with 'whore'.

Help! This is extremely important :p
Well, technically low gothic isn’t English, and what we read is a ‘translation’ of what is said by characters in 40K in BL novels and various codex.

Therefore I suppose it ‘up to the translator’, in reality the IG probably swear like a trooper and have rampant gutter mouths, compounded by the fact that they have an extra 35+K years of cuss evolution (probably hasn’t changed that much mind ;) ), but in the published works they have been ‘censored’.

So when reading 40K stuff and you can handle stronger language, just substitute the mild cuss (PG/13?) for something a little more realistic in your head!

Therefore all the current swear words would have there 40K equivalent, you just never hear them. I imagine 40K to be much darker than it is portrayed, and a lot more gritty, but the 13 rating wins out.

Philip

PS: Perhaps Black Flame will do some 18 rated 40K stuff, under the tag ‘40K horror’ or something like that, marketed as a spin off, and perhaps given the higher rating maybe the gloves will finally come off and plunge 40K in the depths of depravity (Maybe Slaanesh will get a mention?).

Khaine's Messenger
25-10-2005, 22:46
Meatbag, that's good. Mechanicus insult :)

[hk-47 boots up] [Statement]: Metal men have little use for derrogatory terms or terse and abusive epithets for obviously inferior creatures....

Meatbag. [/hk-47] :chrome:

As for genetalia references? Erm, I'm pretty sure that I've read "Emperor's testicles!" somewhere. Perhaps a Thorpe book. ;)

PS--For Kroot, it's far too easy. You do know they defecate through their mouths and perform their urination analog through their sweat, don't you? The smell alone! No wonder Tau have their noses in their mouths. :)

cailus
26-10-2005, 03:13
PS--For Kroot, it's far too easy. You do know they defecate through their mouths and perform their urination analog through their sweat, don't you? The smell alone! No wonder Tau have their noses in their mouths. :)

Many people here on earth defecate through their mouths all the time.

We have special names for these people. These include "politician," "journalist," "lawyer" and "marketing exectuive.'

Count Squidula
26-10-2005, 05:37
Khorne's left nostril!:wtf:
By the Emporor's toothbrush!:confused:
and many others athttp://tsoalr.com:o

shadow hunter
26-10-2005, 09:08
I like what the Orks say in Dawn of War;

"Sod Off"

Glad to see its still used in 40,000 years time.

Norminator
26-10-2005, 09:20
Ad Mech - Anyone else: Weak lover of flesh!

marineowar
26-10-2005, 13:33
As for genetalia references? Erm, I'm pretty sure that I've read "Emperor's testicles!" somewhere. Perhaps a Thorpe book.

"By the Emperor's hairy left testicle!" - Warmaster Anthony 'Hooter' Hunter

Have you by any chance been reading the Faithful and the Damned: The Enemy Withing (http://www.dysartes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2086) or Ascension (http://www.dysartes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2973)? Hoots is rather, colourful. I'll ask him to swing by and share ome of his choicier insults with you.

marineowar

P.S. They'll probably be aimed at you but i wouldn't take that personally :cool:

Minister
26-10-2005, 14:17
I do recall "Sainted Helena's holy teats!" being used, probably in a Cain book. Possibly Kill Team or one of the other 13th Legion ones.

Insults relating to quality of goods are likley to be common on a Hive world, so "dross", "slag", "cracked" and "defective" are all going to be good.

Inquisitor Maul
26-10-2005, 15:31
"Emperors tests" was said by Jaq Draco in the Inquisition War trilogy, think it was in Harlequin

Nurglitch_PS
26-10-2005, 15:38
Now whatcha starin' at you sore band of xenodung?! There are two gods in the Guard, ye redneck agripussies! One is the God Emperor and the other one is me, your Drill Segregant! Now, ye motherlovin' lastargets ye will adress the Emperor as Lord God and me as Sir, yes Sir! Is that understood?!

xenodung - obvious
agripussies - recruits from a paradise agriworld, green, lush, untouched by war.
lastargets - when infantry platoons are split for practising the ambush tactics it is considered a punishment to be assigned to the group, that will blunder around until they walk into the ambush - this group is referred to as "lastargets". The ambushers will use lasguns set to non-lethal strenght, but still able to give a bit of pain.

archangels uk
26-10-2005, 15:41
cheese monger

Dedrite
26-10-2005, 16:26
You throw frag's like a Rainbow warrior!

Norminator
26-10-2005, 16:57
'Private, you have the accuracy of an Ork!'

Ramon
26-10-2005, 17:12
here come the fleas of russ!!

GamesmasterZ
26-10-2005, 17:18
here come the fleas of russ!!

Continued -

Oh, son of a Grox! They're gettin' closer!

Tanith Ghost
26-10-2005, 20:11
Your mother was a nurgling and your father smells of catachan fireberries!

Go work your techno-magic someplace else you walking junkyard!

Why don't you pull that rhino out from up your @SS!?

Get out of here with that glorified toaster in a skull, I'm trying to fight here!

Shouldn't you be praying to the waffle iron?

Your mother's so ugly she made nurgle sick!

You couldn't hit the broadside of a tank if you wandered into a motorpool drunk!

You stinkin spyers couldn't hit air if you fell from the sky!

Orks- dat Yarrick 'umie duffed you up real good!

'Nids- You're so weak you'd lose if you tried to eat an empty town.

'Nids- Tyrant? You invade a city and the prey would throw you in a zoo!

shutupSHUTUP!!!
26-10-2005, 21:41
I imagine if any ordinary human made reference to the dark gods in any way they would at least get a good beating from the nearest arbite or worse, a fellow civilian could report them to the authorities. Carries the penalty of death if guardsmen do it, according to the uplifitng primer.

I imagine references to the fellow creatures mother (if applicable) would remain as popular as ever :p

FutureEmperor
26-10-2005, 22:45
i always figuered gothic was latin, so i pulled out my old latin book and got a few of those curses.

maybe they could be modded into 40k curses...

Sanctum sanctorum- (holy of holies (holiest of holies (could be an oath..)))

Punica fides- (punic loyalty (untrust worthy, (something about chaos loyalty...)))

Pasce corvos in cruce- [personally my favorite] (may crows feed on your cross)

In malem rem- (in a bad place (i.e. Go to Hell))

Tu es purgamentum terrae- (you are the scum of the earth (might want to change earth for something else, because i bet scum from earth is praised everywhere else in the galaxy))

Diabolus me id facere coegit- (the devil made me do it)

vae victis- (woe to the conquered)

Carthago delenda est- (Carthage must be destroyed (Carthage should be changed to appropriate word...)

Propaganda poster slogans....

omnia vincit labor- (labour conqueres all things (not a curse but probably on alot of imperial propaganda posters (maybe a curse by people who feel betrayed by the imperium )))

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori (it is sweet and glorius to die for ones country)

Roma aeterna, Roma invicta- (Enternal Rome, Unconquerable Rome (probably should be changed to....

Terra Aeterna, Terra Invicta- (Enternal Earth, Unconquerable Earth....)

Khaine's Messenger
26-10-2005, 22:54
Imperiales eunt domus! :angel: :cool:

Not an insult as such. And while I meant that as a joke, I seem to recall some of the people in For the Emperor were pretty much saying that. Except grammatically correct within their ability to apply grammatical rules.

Dedrite
27-10-2005, 20:09
Feth This!

warlordgrubnatz
27-10-2005, 23:44
for oks
fishiez
pinkiez
umiez

ect

anything with grox, feth, hide ect

MidnightResistance
28-10-2005, 10:36
Kiss my asscannon :D

ML Kurze
28-10-2005, 11:37
anything with grox, feth, hide ect
Not feth. Feth is a Tanith oath, taken from the name from one of their tree gods and since Tanith is gone, it is very unlikely you'll find another planet that uses the oath. Only the Tanith First and Only, or Eightyfirst-first Recon uses it.