PDA

View Full Version : 2250 We

ivrg
23-06-2008, 11:22
Have a game against HE now this week. We try to play with balanced lists. This list got about 3200 in comp according to the warhammer players society composition system. All comments welcome.

Wardancer Noble @ 140 Pts
General; Wardancer; Wardancer Weapons
Moonstone of the Hidden Ways

Alter Noble @ 153 Pts
Alter; Great Weapon; Longbow; Light Armour; Shield
Helm of the Hunt
Annoyance of Netlings

Glamourweave Spellsinger @ 235 Pts
Glamourweave; Magic Level 2; Lore of Athel Loren; Longbow
Calaingor's Stave
Unicorn

Spellsinger @ 150 Pts
Magic Level 2; Lore of Athel Loren; Longbow
Dispel Scroll

10 Glade Guard @ 120 Pts
Longbow

10 Glade Guard @ 120 Pts
Longbow

5 Glade Riders @ 129 Pts
Spear; Longbow; Musician

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

8 Dryads @ 96 Pts

7 Wardancers @ 133 Pts
Wardancer Weapons; Musician

6 Wild Riders @ 174 Pts
Spear; Light Armour; Standard; Musician

3 Treekin @ 195 Pts

1 Treeman @ 285 Pts

5 Waywatchers @ 120 Pts
2ndWeapon; Longbow

Casting Pool: 6

Dispel Pool: 4

Models in Army: 76

Total Army Cost: 2242

ivrg
23-06-2008, 23:16
Jesus, either i must have a very good list or a very flawed one. No comments.. :(

Krusty
24-06-2008, 02:22
give the alter kindred the hoda

RavenBloodwind
24-06-2008, 02:54
Okay, first 12 hours on the army lists forum doesn't necessarily mean nobody cares...

To your list:
Wardancer Noble
Not a huge fan of the general popping across the board at the beginning of the game although this isn't a huge problem. The build seems very sensible.

Alter Noble
He's fine and the surprise of him NOT having the hail of doom arrow will be worth its weight in gold. I like to give my alter the amber pendant or murder but the annoyance is often a handy choice as well.

Glamourweave Spellsinger Glamourweave
I'm worried where this character hangs out. She can really only join the treekin (where she can still be shot) or the wild riders (who should be in combat very early which is the last place you want her). I'd think about downgrading unless the unicorn MR is intended to give MR to your treekin. Still not sure about her though. A plain spellsinger would save you quite a few points you could invest elsewhere.

Spellsinger
seems fine

Can't go wrong with glade guard. If one is babysitting a mage a champion (otherwise useless) may be worth the points to buy the mage one extra round of life.

I prefer more glade riders (more units, not bigger) but the build is fine

The dryads are okay as is although when the points are available (unicorn *cough*) branchnymphs bringing an extra attack to the fight can save your bacon (or bark in this case).

7 Wardancers
I just flat out love wardancers. I can't make myself build an army without them. That said, with your general joining this unit I'd definitely invest in a champion. This allows your general to whack rank and file while your champion deals with the issued challenge or lets your general dodge certain death at the hands of Mr. Killy-instadeath for a turn. Of course if you moved annoyance from the alter to the wardancer then the champion can be skipped.

6 Wild Riders
I'm not a huge fan of the wildriders but it's just a personal thing. They seem to be highly effective and a good investment. I'd think about plumping for the warbanner to help them win combat by as large a margin as possible.

3 Treekin
Very solid and often underestimated by opponents. I've had chosen chaos knights from hell spend 3 or more turns working their way through this very tenacious wood pile.

1 Treeman
Okay, well, it's a wood elf army so I guess you can have a treeman if you really want to...I find that I get a lot more mileage out of the points when I take glade guard and glade riders. Maybe it's just that I don't use large monsters well, but I never really feel I've done the right thing when I take a treeman. If he works for you, go for it.

5 Waywatchers
Great unit. Causes stupidity in players on a 4+. I've had opponents spend the entire game chasing this throw-away unit and thereby cost themselves the game. They're really no real threat to anything other than human war machine crews but that threat of ranged killing blow seems to make people inordinately scared.

Your magic phase is not particularly powered. If you're not wed to the current character build I'd think about replacing the glamourweave caster with a branchwraith caster with cluster and putting another scroll on the other caster. This would get you more dispel dice per turn for fewer points.