PDA

View Full Version : Peegore's Page - Beastmen vs Wood Elves 2,250pts [ pics... but no movies :-( ]

Peegore
23-06-2008, 14:39
After a few weeks of internet-inactivity, I've finally added the battle report for my last game. It's the Beastmen vs Wood Elves. The Beastmen have been drawn to a long lost chaos temple, but the Wood Elves are sworn to protect it and ensure it's location remains hidden...

Basically a scenario based Pitched Battle devised by Mick for Darryl and I. It was jolly good too...

http://peegorespage.awardspace.com/ or mirror site http://peegorespage.byethost31.com/ (http://peegorespage.atwebpages.com/)

PS I notice the enthusiasm for 'movie' batreps. The one posted several days ago was really entertaining, but the effort required to take so many pics within a game puts me off from having a go myself. What you could do is save each of my battle images on your PC, and run them in a slideshow really fast... it'll look like a movie I'm sure...;)

ukko
23-06-2008, 16:14
I really don't think the movie's necessary - these reports are great! Always look forward to them, seriously makes me wish I wasn't too lazy to get up off my a** and take some pictures myself during games.

Malorian
23-06-2008, 18:33
At first I thought the wood elves had a pretty poor list, but it worked really well. Turned out to be a great battle and another great battle report : )

OldMaster
23-06-2008, 20:06
That's just awesome.
Great page and battle reports. I'll check the others, too.

kyussinchains
23-06-2008, 20:48
another great report! I'm hoping you guys keep playing and reporting games!

the fact that everything is painted so well makes the games look fantastic, puts me and my group to shame....

one thing I would like to see is a bit of information from the players on why they picked the army they did, I always love hearing about people's views when they're picking an army

Peegore
23-06-2008, 21:12
My wood elf list Poor? Because it doesn't have ( yawn... ) 2 treemen and a battle standard bear etc? Im offended ;)

There are 2 kinds of 'poor list' ( as far as I'm concerned )

1) A list built to WIN WIN WIN. results in many win's for the owner, but a poor experience game-wise for all concerned. usually the opposition.

2) A list not necessaily poorly put together, but not played well due to inexperience using it. I believe many people try a list.... lose a few times.... say it's cr*p and start again. In my opinion the wrong thing to do.

My Woodies were initially based on a theme I wanted to play ( biased towards Tree Spirits ). One I put together, without trawling the forums, and making a frankenstien army list af all the GT winning Wood Elf army lists out there. And when I was happy with the models, the paint jobs, the fluff... I LEARNED TO USE IT!

Yes, it's a bit of a hodge-podge of units, but that's it's strength. It's versatile. If each unit has a role defined for it, then it executes it's role well, I can win a game. You've got to be careful, and scenarios can go against you ( both of which are demonstrated in the batrep.... We were playing with restricted flanks, and I had to shuffle my troops around alot before they hit their chosen targets ) but a general who knows his army has half the battle won.

If any army is suited to an eclectic blend of troops..... it's Wood Elves.

This is not a rant! It's my.....exasperation... with the trend of needing to squeeze out every last ounce of the nuances in an army's rules.... instead of just enjoying playing the army. I've done it ( 5th ed ) and it is BORING.

Remember why you started playing Warhammer. And I'd put good money on it being the look of the very first army you collected, or the models in the Games Workshop display cases as you walked past... and the models on the games tables ranked en masse in-store. NOT the Black and White text you had to buy to facilitate the use of your glorious first miniature army collection ( although the fluff in the books was cool as well :) )

The day I buy an army book BEFORE I buy the models for an army... I KNOW I'll have turned to the dark side forever....

Oops, that went on a bit long. It's all your fault Malorian.....making be get on my soapbox :)

BTW CHEERS OLDMASTER!

Malorian
24-06-2008, 01:41
Think I touched a nerve there ; )

No offense was intended.

P.S. I started playing because my young cousin-law with no friends needed someone to play with :p

Krytha
24-06-2008, 02:22
GASP! You DARE show your face here without a movie batrep? The sheer gall of some people!

Can't wait to see how BoC does.

edit - Whoops looks like we broke PGore's house. Great batrep as always.

Juicebox
24-06-2008, 05:10
Your battle reports are consistently awesome, and this one was no different. However, it saddens me anytime a BoC army loses, let alone gets massacred. No ill will, but I was rootin' for the furred ones. :p

Can't wait for your next one! (And give Darryl my sympathies :cries:)

Peegore
24-06-2008, 08:39
Touched a nerve indeed... but certainly not offended!

It's been a few years since I played in competitive tournaments, and me and 'the boys' exist in a 'warhammer bubble'. We only really play each other now, and without the need for evolving truly competitive army lists, our slide towards more friendly, narrative and scenario driven games shows in the lists we choose. They tend to be more fluffy/experimental than WAAC.

Yes, you lot broke my original website again!:) Seriously, after this thread has died down, I'm going to make the mirror site my permanent one. It'll have 10 times the bandwith ( no more site going down until end of month ), and 150 times the space for pics & text etc. For now I'll remove the first link.

No-one likes to see the Beasts of Chaos lose. It's like watching the family dog getting put down.... albeit a dog with bestial horns and a mark of Khorne branded on it's forehead...

Kerill
24-06-2008, 09:04
Nice report as always (although it seems you are over your bandwidth again), sad for the beasts to lose although his list was slightly illegal (minotaurs had to be marked Khorne or have no mark since the general wasn't undivided). Looks like there was plenty of fun had by all though.

Incidentally I don't suppose you could keep the first site updated as well could you, I can't access the second one due to government controls.

Boss_Salvage
24-06-2008, 18:10
Bravo Peeg, another excellent report. And bugger those moving pictures, I think what you've got going here is superb in itself :D

Props on the varied Wood Elf army, way to take what you want and still throwdown with gusto.

FWIW mark of chaos undivided only rerolls psych tests, not break tests - the first chariot off the board on the left rerolled one at some point, IIRC.

- Salvage

SevenSins
24-06-2008, 18:37
another nice rep, peegore, and no movies needed I really enjoy this format :)

WE vs BoC is one of my favourite matchups (although I was cheering for the horn-heads..... seeing your alter noble, the Other horn-heads)

OldMaster
24-06-2008, 20:27
I read one of you guys has a Deamons and Mortal army. Why not make a battle report with some (or all) of those forces? Something epic...

Krytha
24-06-2008, 20:57
Also, could you link the selected armies to a photo page? It would be nice to see the models in more detail (especially since the paintjobs are well done). Your armies are up, but the other ones don't appear on the site.

eagletsi1
24-06-2008, 22:48
Nice report as usual

Peegore
24-06-2008, 22:54
Some good input here. to answer them in no particular order -

1) Mortal chaos & Daemons owned by Steve who played.... er... twice last year. He's the longest standing player of all, but hardly ever plays now due to World of Warcraft ( yeah, I know.... which would YOU rather do...:wtf: ) So unfortunately a massive chaos incursion won't happen quite yet. We may coax him into a game soon.... but that'll require a large keg and a king-size bag of prezels all wrapped up in WoW warpping paper.

2) Krytha and his idea to link armies in batrep to pictures in 'our armies section' I like it! It has sparked some change ideas for the next batrep! Cheers! I'm starting to takiepics of each army as we use them. This Thursday it'll be Mick's Vampire Counts... cos they are going to have a go at taking down my 'Jack of all trades' Wood Elf army.

3) Stop rooting for Beastmen! ... they smell of wet dog. And are a lot less house trained :)

4) Chaos Marks on characters/units - Darryl really should learn how to put his army together. But we let it slide... cos he's old and infirm. If he did this and actually won more often we'd get worried. But he doesn't.

5) Movie references... I'm only joking. I do respect what the guy did with 'The Ultimate Battle Report'. It's a cracking effort. But I'm happy with the tried and tested photo/text format for my stuff.

Any further suggestions or comments are perfectly welcome. They can only make the site better for all who visit! I had to decline Mick's suggestion for a 'Readers Wives' page. Dirty Boy. ;)

Arguleon-veq
25-06-2008, 00:34
Awesome BatRep as usual man. Congrats on the win. Have to agree with you on the list building thing, although I buy every army book as soon as it comes out so I usually have the book first.

Juicebox
25-06-2008, 05:13
3) Stop rooting for Beastmen! ... they smell of wet dog. And are a lot less house trained :)

If its any consolation, I'll be rooting for your elves against the VC. I'd like nothing more than for that Vampire Lord to get taken out in epic fashion by your suicidal alter kindred. Alter, Round 2, via leaping charge/decapitation.

As a side note, what are you gonna bring against the shambling hordes? Same list or are you gonna tweak it a bit?

Krytha
25-06-2008, 16:42
If you give your Treeman prime-time, I'll root for the WEs.

Cap'n Facebeard
26-06-2008, 01:48
Stick to the text and photos, Peegore, for all those old (old, incredibly old) school nostalgia-heads like me. BTW, excellent batrep yet again! The score's Peegore 8, New White Dwarf 0.

Loved the GW classic photo, I was having a serious flash-back to the pic on the back of the Ravening Hordes book.

Peegore
27-06-2008, 09:11
Soon to be Peegore 9...WD 0!

Played my ragtag band of Wood Elves vs Vampire Counts last night in a scenario devised by Darryl for us.

Scenario - VC's had cleared an area of forest, and using the timber from the woods, made 2 'wicker (wiccan?) men in the clearing, and filled them with spites, sprites and other magical fauna. Basically If I didn't win the scenario.... the VC's torched the Wickermen and sacrificed the trapped creatures magical souls within. How evil is that! He added ability cards ( very similar to the ones I did in the firstgame of our mini campaign ).

Obviously I won't reveal the outcome, but it was a good game indeed. Suffice to day, the game didn't end in a draw! In fact, one comment did come up in the game from one of us players " I'm F**kin' sick of objectives... "

The report should be up next week.

Krytha
27-06-2008, 18:07
Soon to be Peegore 9...WD 0!

Played my ragtag band of Wood Elves vs Vampire Counts last night in a scenario devised by Darryl for us.

Scenario - VC's had cleared an area of forest, and using the timber from the woods, made 2 'wicker (wiccan?) men in the clearing, and filled them with spites, sprites and other magical fauna. Basically If I didn't win the scenario.... the VC's torched the Wickermen and sacrificed the trapped creatures magical souls within. How evil is that! He added ability cards ( very similar to the ones I did in the firstgame of our mini campaign ).

Are you replacing your Lord model with one of Nicholas Cage in a bear suit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOpsbAUEe90)?

Peegore
28-06-2008, 01:30
Oh, I've now got a permenant site, with it's own domain name and everything! ( not keen on the .info at the end.... but it was free :) )

So no more website going down 6 days from the end of the month etc due to you lot over traffic-ing it. Yay! The site has been changed in this thread and my sig. The other sites I used will still be there for a while, but won't get updated from now on.

Krytha, that made me chuckle when I watched it :D