PDA

View Full Version : Exactly 2K Khorne orientated Daemon Army

LordKhaine
23-06-2008, 19:16
Well im using my daemons in a WHFB game against lizardmen soon, and i thought i would go for more of a "fluff" army then a "play to win" army

so here it goes

Skarbrand

Skulltaker on foot

Khorne Herald on Juggernaught

20 bloodletters inc command

20 bloodletters inc coomand

10 Horrors (needed the extra core unti, and how could i pass on that spell!?)

6 Flesh Hounds inc Karanek

4 Bloodcrushers

and yes i have all these models, inc a converted skarbrand (see my sig)

so what you lot think?

fun to play with? or more importantly, fun to play against?

giner
23-06-2008, 21:30
If you're playing for 'fluff' I have a few points.
1. Why are you even asking about your list. You will surely know what it should have more than us
2. Why is their one Tzeentch unit. Gamewise their dice will probably help however they don't make sense with the rest of the army. For fluff I'd either drop them or add in more Tzeentch stuff.
3. Lastly all of those special characters or named if you'd rather. You could have a backstory that fits with the army and is yours if you took ones you made yourself. Also I like customisation

Gamewise however give the herald's jugger to Skulltaker he is slower (and your skills are easily up to the mark :)). The rest looks decent to me, maybe drop a crusher.

minionboy
23-06-2008, 22:29
Here's what I say:

drop 5 Blood Letters per unit
drop the 10 Horrors
drop a Blood Crusher or two

add a unit of 15 Blood Letters
add a Herald of Tzeentch (with Spell Breaker)
add a chariot or jugger to Skulltaker
add anti-magic banner to the Herald (I forgot the name)

You can pass off the herald as being enslaved by Skarbrand to protect him from magic. Seems pretty likely and possible to me.

This will give you a ton more magic defense, especially if they take a low generation Slaan. If you know for a fact they wont be going with a Slaan for their lord, you can ignore most of what i said, but I still think 10 horrors is next to worthless in this army.

waaagh!grimgor
24-06-2008, 00:58
make eacxh unit divisable by 8 if u want a themed army, honestly though, i dont care much for special chracters

blackjack
24-06-2008, 03:23
Put skull taker on a jugger. He gets one by the fluff and he is much much more effective on one.

waaagh!grimgor
29-06-2008, 09:02
but its such a points waste, he dies so easily