PDA

View Full Version : Would U like a Chaos Lord Plastic Kit to be made?

atsc83
24-06-2008, 03:21
Hi all, in lieu of the rumours that GW will not be making a plastic kit for Chaos Mortal Characters unlike what they've done for HE, Empire and Orcs, I jus wanted to know for my own benefit, how many individuals too yearn for such a product, so that we may earnestly pray that the whim of the Chaos Powers works in our favour:p

NakedBarbarian
24-06-2008, 08:20
A plastic lord kit would be good for dedicated lords which give the player a choice of weapon options. However there is also nothing like the feel of a metal fig for characters, plastic ones just don't feel right.

For the record i voted yes tho.

logan054
24-06-2008, 12:25
personally im not all that bothered, i have enough lord/hero models as it is anyways, i think the only thing i would like is a bsb

Lord Snerual
24-06-2008, 12:38
I would love to have a plastic Chaos Lord. With a lot of parts on it. GNIGNI.

In like a box as the orcs and HE have you know. With one Lord on Chaos Steed and one on foot

OldMaster
24-06-2008, 12:59
Definitely. I love those kits.

jullevi
24-06-2008, 13:06
Given the quality of previous plastic character kits, I'd rather have a nice, chunky metal chaos lord than plastic. The plastic character kits contain nice bits, which make awful models.

Aflo
24-06-2008, 13:07
Agreed with Jullevi. There's just something not quite right about a plastic character mini.

Ward.
24-06-2008, 13:10
No, there's far too much variety between the different chaos lords for a kit to capture it all.

W0lf
24-06-2008, 13:11
I voted yes as it cant hurt to have one. I however prefer metal models for characters.

Gobbo Lord
24-06-2008, 13:38
Not that i collect Chaos but id say youd be better off with metal characters. My problem with the plastic character kits is based solely on my own armies. The Orc one has many options and a dam good boar model. Hower the "Orc Warlords" (lol) are indistinguishable size wise from normal run of the mill orcs. The old metal lords (Grotfang on Boar, Gorfang, Lord on Wyvern) were all significantly bigger than the rank and file and were easily spotted. Just as Gorbad (current metal model) looks bigger than the average boy (Though im not paying 20 for one cavarly model, but thats a different topic)

The current plastic foot slogger is lost in a unit of boyz.... So i think youd be better off with a great big metal lord than an average sized plastic one with lots of options.

Lijacote
24-06-2008, 13:56
Plastic Chaos Lord kit would be excellence, if it had god-specific sprues and mutations and assorted awesome. Bonus points for having enough stuff for at least two models.

And "U"? THAT IS NOT A WORD.

Abhorash
24-06-2008, 13:59
I would love it! would be so much more easy to convert. :D

Doomseer
24-06-2008, 14:46
Hell yes! I'm in need of a few new characters and would welcome more varied plastic parts for conversions, especially if it's like the recent kits with options for mounted, on foot and BSB!

Lordsaradain
24-06-2008, 15:10
Give me a plastic chaos lord!
Would be awesme.

Kronos
24-06-2008, 15:31
well i think it depends how they make the kit, imo i think gw failed to make the plastic warboss for orcs regarding fluff and how orc leaders are bigger than the average boy. But if they give as much attention to detail and bits as they gave to the Chaos Lord in 40k then definitly, though i really hope its not similar to archaons pose, i like the miniature alot but one is enough. If they do make one i think all they need is perhaps different helms and weapons/spare symbols to represent their mark. I don't like the idea of ranking saya big fat lord of nurgle next to a barbarian look alike Chaos warrior theres just too much differance.

So yh, if they keep the plastic lord in line with the other warriors of chaos with viking like helms, and fur over their shoulders then i really hope to see one of these kits.

isidril93
24-06-2008, 18:42
well it would be good to have but i hope that they wong be like the high elf one. those were good but it was just with the weapon arms up high. i wanted a swordmaster prince but with a massive sword just floating there it looked wierd (yet for some reason i still used it).

i hope that if one was made it would be posable. obviously i would buy one.

theultimateqpa
24-06-2008, 19:07
I think the options in this poll are wrongly stated.
Ther is nothing to chose if You believe that metal character models are simply way better than plastic and a lot of people are voting ,,Yes,, becouse ,,it wouldnt hurt to have one,,. Yet a lot of people iam sure will look upon the results of this poll as a question of ,,metal vs plastic,,

I do belive that plastic has it uses. It works great for basic regiments(especially now that the quality of GW plastics has improved dramaticly)
Howewer plastic for characters is a terrible idea. The truly imposing and beautiful character minis can only be made in metal. Plastic charcter sets of the previous 7th ed. armies are exactly one of the reasons that many people turned to other comapnies like AOW when it comes to charcter minis.

Ethlorien
24-06-2008, 20:14
I would love a plastic lord kit, much like the new High Elf one. Loads of conversion possibilities, tons of bits, exceptional quality. Yeah, I'd buy a few for sure.

OldMaster
24-06-2008, 20:29
If they don't make one, I just buy the CSM Terminator Chaos Lord :\

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
24-06-2008, 22:13
i vote no - there are other units that deserve new models.

Garanaul the Black
24-06-2008, 22:35
No, there's far too much variety between the different chaos lords for a kit to capture it all.

QFT, Unfortunately.

I'd love to see one, but fitting all of the options into one box would be hell.
I voted yes, but if it turns out GW aren't able make one, I'd be just as happy if they released a box of assorted bits that worked with the new plastic knights / plastic warriors. A selection of god specific bits, trophies, ect. to trick out your rank and file and convert them into proper, unique lords and heroes.

G

TheOverlord
25-06-2008, 02:19
Plastic Chaos Lord ftw!

I can't believe people who voted no. New plastics, how could this possibly go wrong?

If you tell me daemonettes, you obviously have not bought one yet :p They're pretty cool, and of course open for conversion, just like those other plastic Lords many of you are complaining about, you babies :P Use putty! Or better yet, aesthetic sense!

(ignore this part, didn't read the OP correctly and now sad that there will NOT be a model for Chaos lords ><)

Acheron,Bringer of Terror
25-06-2008, 10:38
Plastic Chaos Lord ftw!

I can't believe people who voted no. New plastics, how could this possibly go wrong?

because some not so inteligent persons like you do not realise that if they made plastic lord, they will not make one other unit plastic. if i have the option:
-plastic lord
-plastic knights

choice would be obvious - knights. and same decission would be made with : marauders, horsemans, hounds, knights, warriors, chariots, chosen warriors

i'd take lord rather than hellcannon - but i find concept of arlilery on battlefield stupid anyway.

Huw_Dawson
25-06-2008, 10:43
I would love a new Chaos Lords plastic kit. It would look fantastic, be great for conversions, and generally be neat.

- Huw

Chaos Mortal
25-06-2008, 11:37
I prefere metal characters as others have said it just feels right, however i do buy the hero kits as there a great source of "bitz" now that you cant order them =?/

EdFireborn
25-06-2008, 12:15
I Don't Play Mortal Chaos, but its always nice that there are options for conversions etc or a new army in the future....