PDA

View Full Version : Royal Standard of strigos and blood knights

Malcador
24-06-2008, 09:40
Hi all,

I came across a problem with my blood knights (thanks to brakke aep for pointing it out). The Royal standard of strigos gives hatred to the unit carrying it. As Undead are immune to psycho, this would normally not affect them, however, this isn't the problem, RAI would lead to the conclusion that undead (grave guard, skells et al) can be affected.

The thing is, are blood knights affected? If we are willing to let the undead immune to psycho slip, does the frenzy make them immune to the standard's effects?

Thanks for any clarifications

Ganymede
24-06-2008, 09:47
I just looked up Immune to Psychology in the rulebook and it said nothing about a unit with such an immunity being immune to hatred. You might be operating under a false assumption from a previous edition of warhammer. you should check out the relevent entry and be sure that your concerns are legitimate.

Malcador
24-06-2008, 09:54
Looked to, it doens't say it.

I think I'm confused woth 6th edition. Makes sense, the last game I played was in 6th.

A well, thanks for pointing it out.

theunwantedbeing
24-06-2008, 10:16
Yes they are affected.
Otherwise this would be one of the worst banner's (or magic items for that matter) in the entire game.

The immune to psychology rules are a little different to last edition,
so much so it's not really immune at all...more like, ingores some, but not all psychology.

EvC
24-06-2008, 13:16
Yes, immune to psych just means immune to fear, terror, panic, and can't flee as a charge reaction.

It's been this way for three years now.

utukxul
20-07-2008, 23:43
Do the banner affect cha in the unit to ???

lethlis
20-07-2008, 23:59
If it says affects the unit without a restriction then yes as when characters join they become part of the unit.

utukxul
21-07-2008, 22:57
thx for the fast answer ^^