PDA

View Full Version : The Trickster's Pendant and Waaagh Miscasts

Alathir
24-06-2008, 11:43
Question: If an orc player suffers a miscast against a player using the Trickster's Pendant (enemy is forced to roll twice on the miscast chart) and he rolls a 12 (the spell is through but the enemy must roll again) does that mean that he must roll twice again?

theunwantedbeing
24-06-2008, 11:54
You roll twice on the miscast table.
Rolling once is not rolling twice.

Condottiere
24-06-2008, 14:00
IIRC you can only re-roll once.

WLBjork
24-06-2008, 15:03
Is it a re-roll?

In any case, checking result 12, it does not require a further roll on the miscast chart, I don't know where you came up with that one from.

Assuming the wording is correct, the caster rolls twice on the miscast chart. So far you have rolled once, which - with the further roll - I suppose *could* result in the spell being cast twice with irresistable force :o

BloodiedSword
24-06-2008, 15:34
I would disagree with the last bit WLBjork said.

IMO a single spell either "succeeds" or "does not succeed", with no possibility of "succeeds twice". If either of the rolls on the Miscast table are a 12, this just indicates that the spell succeeds (instead of the normal failure due to Miscast). If both rolls are 12, then again this simply means that the spell succeeded (the single time it was cast) instead of failing.

Alathir
24-06-2008, 16:57
Is it a re-roll?

In any case, checking result 12, it does not require a further roll on the miscast chart, I don't know where you came up with that one from.

Check the Orc and Goblin miscast chart.

Braad
24-06-2008, 18:00
Yes indeed. The 12 on the orc miscast table causes the player to cast the spell with irrisitible force and then you must roll again (IIRC). Its not a re-roll, its an effect.

If you roll e.g. a 6 and a 12, then the twelve causes a spell to be cast and forces to roll again. So in total three rolls.

So if you have to roll twice on the miscast table, and you roll two times 12, then you cast two spell with irrisitible force, and you actually have to roll 2 times on the table again.

Ofcourse, you can roll more twelves after this and go on casting, but this is quite unlikely, though it can happen.

WLBjork
25-06-2008, 09:35
Ah, misunderstood which way round the fighting occurs.

So yes, could get messy with multiple 12s!

Ganymede
25-06-2008, 10:35
I think you all are misunderstanding how the Trickster's Trinket works. It forces your opponent to roll twice on the chart and the bearer of the trinket gets to choose which one to inflict upon the hapless wizard.

Braad
25-06-2008, 12:05
Ah, now that changes the story a bit. Obviously I don't know this item and went with the description above.

In this case, if he rolls twice, and the opponent chooses that the 12 result stands, the spell is cast with irrisitible force and then another roll is taken.

In the end, what matters, is that the 12 result forces a new roll, not a re-roll, so it is not canceled out by the "a re-rolled dice cannot be re-rolled again"-rule.

Though I can't see why anyone would choose this... I would go for the "shaman explodes" result, not for the only "good" thing the Orc player can roll.

highelfmage
25-06-2008, 18:21
the way i would do it is your opponent roll twice you choose which results he keeps. incase he keeps the 12 than he rolls again.