PDA

View Full Version : Dark Angels and Tau

MistaGav
24-06-2008, 22:13
I was just flicking through the Apoc book, staring at my models and being bored I realised; Why CAN'T my Dark angels and Tau force work together? I have about 1500pts of DA and 1000 of Tau so it's nearly there to make an apoc force.
I also have a baneblade and have been itching to get my hands on some leman ruseses and Bassilisks too.

I know theres all the Fluff nonsesne that Dark angels wouldn't even take imperial guard stuff let alone Tau so what reasons could I find for fielding both should I play a game of apoc?

Grimtuff
24-06-2008, 22:25
Erm, it's Apocalypse. You can do anything as long as your opponent agrees. ;)

Valo
24-06-2008, 22:28
if your playing in a freindly group,why not just say "hey I want to use all this togther",there's no reason you can't,just make the reason for using all 3 together something like "this enemy was so fierce thats these factions put aside their diffrence to form an allegience....until the ememy's gone..."

MistaGav
24-06-2008, 22:29
Erm, it's Apocalypse. You can do anything as long as your opponent agrees. ;)

Oh that's a relief, I've been wanting a good use for this BB gun besides hitting the bin and neighbours :evilgrin:

HsojVvad
24-06-2008, 23:31
Well the DA are after some Fallen or Cypher himself, to get at him they ally up with the Tau instead of going through them to get at the Fallen. Remeber the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Since the Tau are up against the Fallen, the DA are cut off from support, and need to regroup and resuply but can't now since all of a sudden a Fallen or Cypher himself was spotted. They ally up with the Tau since the oppostions is too strong to confront but don't want to give up on a chance to hunt the Fallen.

Of course who's to say that the DA won't fight the Tau after wards.

Col. Tartleton
24-06-2008, 23:51
And unlike imperials, the tau wouldn't understand the fact that the Fallen are dark angels. So really, its almost like having a bunch of blind deaf people helping you, what they don't know they can't tell, and who'd listen to Xenos beasts over the Emperor's First Angels of Death?

If I was in the inner circle, I'd prefer the Tau as allies to Ultramarines, and certainly space wolves.

The Orange
25-06-2008, 02:49
Why CAN'T my Dark angels and Tau force work together?

Not positive on the current fluff, but I remember from 2nd edition that the DA were/are xenophobic. Now take that in context, the whole Imperium is Xenophobic, so how bad must the DA be to be singled out as the SM chapter that is extremely xenophobic? (SM who themselves are brainwashed to believe in nothing but the superiority of the Emperor and Humanity).

Rules wise, run with it, no one can stop you in Apocalypse :chrome:.

zendral
25-06-2008, 03:50
In any case that our group wants to have two unlikely armies fight together in apoc...we just go with the "greater threat" rule. Everyone remembers their favorite sat morning cartoons. There is at least one episode iin the entire series where the main good guy or bad guy will temporarily set aside their differences to fight for survival (unicron anyone?). In your case....whatever reason the Tau and Dark Angels have for fighting each other, it can hold up until they deal with the bigger evil threatening to kill you all. Only after the battle will the Tau and Dark angels continue the fight they had going...assuming they are still alive.;)

Lord Cook
25-06-2008, 04:24
On the subject of your baneblade, may I refer you to:

Yes technically you can take a Baneblade for your loyalist marine chapter in Apocalypse, but painting it in Chapter colors and playing it without any Guard allies is about as fluffy as taking an Ultramarines Heirophant.

If you're going to use one, it would be... nice... if you you could include some kind of Imperial Guard supporting force with it, even if it's just a few squadrons of tanks.

MistaGav
25-06-2008, 11:08
Well I had a feeling that out of all the space marine chapters the Dark angels would be the most Xenophobic but I suppose there has been other strange alliances now thanks to Apoc...like Ultramarine Hierophants! man that would be cool :D

I know I shouldn't for the sake of all the other models I have to paint but I was going to buy a few Leman Russes or Sentinels to make a small armoured force. I was even thinking about replacing the imperial guard troops in the tanks with space marines...Fluffy I think not :evilgrin:

pookie
25-06-2008, 13:44
Not positive on the current fluff, but I remember from 2nd edition that the DA were/are xenophobic. Now take that in context, the whole Imperium is Xenophobic, so how bad must the DA be to be singled out as the SM chapter that is extremely xenophobic? (SM who themselves are brainwashed to believe in nothing but the superiority of the Emperor and Humanity).

dont disagree about the xenophobic thing, but considering they are followed around by the Watchers in the dark, its generally a double standard on the DA part!

razormasticator
25-06-2008, 13:47

Yes thats correct. They were/are intolerant and wont serve with other imperials that use abhumans and or xenos, this includes ratlings and ogryns.

BorisGT
25-06-2008, 16:02
The best reason for these two forces to be working together is that you want to PLAY A GAME with them. In the end this comes down to playing a game of Apoc. Seems like it makes sense to me to just field what you can to play a proper game, likely allies or not.