PDA

View Full Version : 500 point goblins - first list!

GrandDukeJerot
25-06-2008, 02:54
Hi. This is my first time posting on the FB part of warseer, but I felt drawn to the classic side of declaring a waaagh. I've played a little FB before, but just a short stint with Ogres. So, I just picked up the O&G dex today, and went online to GW to check prices on some of the models that I liked. One group in particular caught my eye: the Goblin Spider Riders. Not only do their models look amazing, but at only $30 for 10 of them, they're a wonderful deal. So, I decided to incorporate a unit of them into the list. I humbly present my 500 point Goblin List.

Heroes -
Forest Goblin Shaman - 90
Level 2

Big Standard Bearer - 62
Battle Standard Bearer, Light Armor

Core -
10 Forest Goblin Spider Riders - 160
Full Command

24 Goblins - 92
Full Command - Joined By Shaman

24 Goblins - 96
Full Command, Joined by Big Standard Bearer

Total - 500

The plan is to be relatively balanced at 500 points, with some magic, some fast cavalry, and a couple of cheap, blocks of 25 held up by some heroes. I'm playing a game against Dark Elves tomorrow, and I'm almost certain he'll bring a sorceress. Beyond that, it's a guessing game with him. Thank you in advance to any soul kind enough to take a look at this obviously noobish list.

EdFireborn
25-06-2008, 11:13
ok, first of all, why a BSB? a Goblin Boss might deal some more damage with a GW (can they take them?)...... second, you have 2 units of 24 goblins, why does one cost 92 and the other 96 when they both appear the same?

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
25-06-2008, 11:20
You should split the spider riders into two groups of 5. The don't need a standard, probably just a musician to help rally and a champion if you really want one. I would also probably drop the BSB in favor of more troops. Orcs and Goblins should outnumber the enemy.

GrandDukeJerot
25-06-2008, 16:39
Thank you both for the advice.

@EdFireborn: Dunno why I brought the BSB... this is my first time in a while playing FB. I think the second one costs 96 because I copied and pasted the first one, removed some stuff with removing points, then added them back and added in the points.

@ Uriel Ventris: Yeah, I was thinking that two groups of 5 would be better in 500 points... your opponent probably won't have enough shooting to warrant a block of 10 cavalry to get into their lines.

So, with all the advice... new list!

Heroes -
Level 2

Goblin Big Boss - 39
Great Axe

Core -
5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders - 83
Musician, Boss

5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders - 83
Musician, Boss

24 Goblins - 92

24 Goblins - 92
Full Command,

5 Goblins - 20
Short Bows

Total - 499

EdFireborn
27-06-2008, 11:59
Drop the goblins with short bows and kit up your goblin boss a bit more (can they have armour?) as a unit of 5 goblins will run far to easily... otherwise that looks like quite a scary list to play against...

edit****: forgot to add with the points from the goblins with bows, apart from kitting up your boss, add the points to making a full command

GrandDukeJerot
27-06-2008, 17:33
Heroes -
Level 2

Goblin Big Boss - 39
Great Axe

Core -
5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders - 95
Full Command

5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders - 95
Full Command

24 Goblins - 92

24 Goblins - 92
Full Command, Joined by Big Boss

strv
27-06-2008, 20:22
All right, remove the banners from the spider riders again. Those are just a 100 free points for captured banner for the enemy. Add more goblins instead, or a fanatic if you got the points.

Baduk 'Eadsplitta
28-06-2008, 13:20
how can u have a unit of 5 gobbos anyway?:confused:

:cheese::cheese::cheese:

GrandDukeJerot
28-06-2008, 15:44
Those are spider riders - the cavalry. They come in units of 5+

Baduk 'Eadsplitta
28-06-2008, 16:14
not them in a list u've got 5 with shortbows