PDA

View Full Version : Giant Squig

Canadian_Khan
25-06-2008, 04:49
Hey all

that may sound a little dumb of me, but in the O&G army book, it is said that the great cave squig cannot join any unit. But, my question is:

Is it only the Squig? If so, may a Night goblin big boss on squig join a regiment of squig hopper?

If not, I guess I'll just have it bounce right next to the 10 other squigs I have anyways... but if I could hide him in the hoppers regiment... it cannot be targeted...

Have some problem with that rule... thanks in advance

Nurgling Chieftain
25-06-2008, 06:19
You want to join a model which can't join units to a unit that can't be joined? I admire your chutzpah, but it's obviously not legal. :cool:

Canadian_Khan
25-06-2008, 06:25
Also admire my reading qualities... wouah... sorry for that :s

When will I remember that no Skirmisher can be joined by characters... Hourray!

* Repeats his mentra - No skirmisher can be joined... No skirmishers can be joined....*

Well, thanks for making me realize that :)

Braad
25-06-2008, 07:11
And even if skirmisher could be joined, yes the "cannot join units" for the giant cave squig counts for the whole model.

By the way, I think both these (squig hoppers and giant squig) are very nice to field apart from each other, and have them jumping out of forests on unspecting targets. If you arm the night gobbo with the right items, that is.

Sylass
25-06-2008, 08:53
Actually, if you are a US1 character you are allowed to join skirmishers. (Squighoppers still can't be joined cause of their special rules.)

ZigZagMan
25-06-2008, 12:43
eh just put him in the middle of them and make sure he can always see a path through them to charge and most people probably won't even look twice at him.

Gobbo Lord
25-06-2008, 12:52
You cant charge through skirmishers as they block lline of sight. I know hoppers and the great cave squig dont need line of sight but neither can the great cave squig move through the middle of a unit of hoppers. Only reptillian lustrian brutes have that pleasure.