Darkson
25-06-2008, 16:39
Trailer for the forthcoming BB game:
http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/teaser/

That's in-game footage btw.:D

neXus6
25-06-2008, 17:16
...Chaos League 2 with a BB skin mod?

If however they have updated the control system so real time mode is actually playable it should be good cause that was my only real problem with chaos league, you had to play it turn based...which kinda just wanted to make me go play blood bowl. :p

TallChris
25-06-2008, 22:11
Looking awesome and nice to see some of the other races in action.
Think my PC will need a slight winter upgrade and i'll be a happy bunny

Tempest151
02-07-2008, 13:31
I am liking the look of it and looking forward to being able to play some of my mates over the t'interweb who I don't live near anymore.

Tastyfish
26-07-2008, 16:26
...Chaos League 2 with a BB skin mod?

If however they have updated the control system so real time mode is actually playable it should be good cause that was my only real problem with chaos league, you had to play it turn based...which kinda just wanted to make me go play blood bowl. :p

Pure Bloodbowl, you can play real time which I've no idea about or turn by turn in which case its a exact replication of the tabletop rules.

tassiewargamer
27-07-2008, 00:28
Oh yes this game is going to be awsome also glad to see some of the minor teams in it but does anyone know if they will be norse teams in the game I wouldn't mind having a game consol version of my team as well..

Cirrus the Blue
27-07-2008, 18:48
I'm hoping it's going to use the LRB5 set for the turn-based 'cause that one's the best! :D I'd imagine that they would, but who knows, huh? :P At least it's going to be a direct representation.

- Cirrus

Tastyfish
27-07-2008, 21:08
8 Starting teams

Wood elves
Humans
Orcs
Goblins
Skaven
Dwarfs
Lizardmen
Chaos

They have plans for 6-8 more, but these will come as expansions and downloadably content after launch.

[edit] sorry, no expansions are planned. Those races will come via downloadable content only.

Cirrus the Blue
28-07-2008, 18:53
8 Starting teams

Wood elves
Humans
Orcs
Goblins
Skaven
Dwarfs
Lizardmen
Chaos

They have plans for 6-8 more, but these will come as expansions and downloadably content after launch.

[edit] sorry, no expansions are planned. Those races will come via downloadable content only.

Here's hoping that the downloadable content is available for all the platforms! Obviously, the 360 has no worries, but I'm anxious to know how they'll go about that for the DS if at all...

- Cirrus

tassiewargamer
28-07-2008, 22:25
Damm i'm buying the DS game..:(

Well I might try a goblin or lizerdmen team.

chaos0xomega
28-07-2008, 23:59
Looks like I'll be getting the PSP version, although maybe I'll get the PC version... or if I get a 360 for christmas....

why no PS3 VERSION!?

Cirrus the Blue
29-07-2008, 04:48
'Cause the PS3 = fail. lol Seriously though, that is a good question why they didn't put it to the PS3 when they did with the rest of the consoles... At least 360s have gone down in price from what they were. *shrug* Blood Bowl's definately gonna be one of the games that pushes me over the edge into buying one.

- Cirrus

chaos0xomega
29-07-2008, 19:44
It doesn't make sense to me because they put it onto the PSP(as a downloadable I think), but not the PS3. Why would you do that if you need a PS3 to download the content anyway?

Darkson
30-07-2008, 11:31
PC version for me - but if my brother's insurance money comes through I'm getting his old X360 - if so, I'll get that version as well.

Marlow
02-08-2008, 19:53
Trailer looks good.
If it will run on my Laptop I will pick up a copy. A friend is planning to get it for his Xbox so we can all go round and play it on that.

The Eight starting Teams seems to cover all the main options in the game except Undead...
I wonder if there was a reason behind leaving them out?

Cirrus the Blue
03-08-2008, 17:33
Trailer looks good.
If it will run on my Laptop I will pick up a copy. A friend is planning to get it for his Xbox so we can all go round and play it on that.

The Eight starting Teams seems to cover all the main options in the game except Undead...
I wonder if there was a reason behind leaving them out?

I'm guessing time constraints, especially if they're going to be released in downloadable format later on.

- Cirrus

Jerok
08-08-2008, 23:33
I just have to say i'd seen this a LOONG time ago when it first started, and thought it would flop since the website had nothing but a picture on it of the helmet with the wings and a couple of sketchy screenshots of earlyness.

Now I have to say BAD-ASS. My friends love football video games, but I can't get them to even try BB. Looks like i'll finally be able to play someone, even if it isn't with my minis.

Cirrus the Blue
12-08-2008, 03:26
What I'm most curious about this game is whether or not it'll animate the Kick-off table for the turn based mode. Also, for the real-time mode will you be able to actually go and rush the Referee and smear his scrawny striped butt across the turf? hehehe

Apparently they're using LRB5 for turn-based (thankfully, and obviously) but I can't even imagine how they'd go about the real-time if it'll be like the Mutant League series or what? Still can't wait for this!

Also hoping that the release of this will spark a little bit more interest in the actual tabletop version, too.

- Cirrus

Marlow
12-08-2008, 13:00
Also hoping that the release of this will spark a little bit more interest in the actual tabletop version, too.
That is what I am hoping for. We have about a dozen people who play in our League, but only about half of them play regularly.

Warsmith Strader
01-09-2008, 13:03
Its coming to the xbox 360, thats a Epic Win for me!...... Yeah! Luv seeing the elf get the crap stomped out of him by the orc... fun times indeed.

Cirrus the Blue
01-09-2008, 17:33
Actually, to be perfectly honest, this game is one of the reasons I finally broke down and bought a 360, too. haha

- Cirrus

guillaume
02-09-2008, 19:26
Might be the reason to buy a PSP as well.

Although I would love for it to run on my laptop, but i doubt it. Anyone knows the requirement for the PC game. I have a 2006 laptop...

Cirrus the Blue
03-09-2008, 01:45
I'd be rather surprised if your laptop couldn't run it at a medium resolution if you bought it in 2006. Unfortunately, I don't have the system requirements handy... I think they might be up on Cyanide's forums though.

- Cirrus

Darkson
03-09-2008, 02:03
Don't bother looking for the spec requirements on the forum, they've not been released yet (as the game isn't finished). The list of spec requirements on the Cyanide forum is for the Beta only.

Darkson
27-11-2008, 01:39
why no PS3 VERSION!?

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but answer to this from Storm of Cyanide here (http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56916).

Growler67
18-12-2008, 05:28
Latest looks like a release around March 2009 for BB as well as 40K Online. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Gannon
19-12-2008, 04:30
At least they'll have more time for development and testing. That's a plus and for once, I'm glad. It shows that they're not interested in rushing this product out the door half-assed. I'll gladly wait for the extra couple months for a better game any day.

Growler67
19-12-2008, 17:29
At least they'll have more time for development and testing. That's a plus and for once, I'm glad. It shows that they're not interested in rushing this product out the door half-assed. I'll gladly wait for the extra couple months for a better game any day.

Perhaps, provided they (game developers in general) actually take the time to DO it. Far too often they sit back to admire their work istead of continuing to polish what they have. They generally feel that if they find or mess anything up, they'll have to delay the release again. they are more likley working on the first patch and leaving the core product alone to replicate in a (publishers) warehouse for distributuion. No sense in creating more work than they are getting paid to perform :rolleyes:

Darkson
24-12-2008, 22:45
Release date has now been pushed back to Q2 2009, and June 2009 at that. :(

Growler67
29-12-2008, 01:16
Release date has now been pushed back to Q2 2009, and June 2009 at that. :(

Not surprised.