PDA

View Full Version : The Army of MOOT (return of the halflings)

Time of Madness
25-06-2008, 17:46
Well I've always wanted to create an army from the Moot. The best list in my opinion to use for a project like this would be the empire army taking advantage of the state troops and war machines. Here's the list with some comments below.

CHARACTERS

Halfling General
- Full plate/long bow
- Sword of Battle
- Enchanted shield
- Holy Relic
- Icon of Magnus
= 202pts

Halfling Captin (BSB)
- Armour of Meteoric Iron
- Sword of Might
= 115pts

Halfling Shaman
- Level 2
- 2 Dispel Scrolls
= 150pts

Halfling Shaman
- Level 2
- Rod of Power
- Power stone
= 150pts

CORE

24 Halfling Swordsmen
- Full command
- Warbanner
DET - 6 halfling archers
*Led by General
= 242pts

24 Halfling Spearmen
- Full command
Det - 10 Halfling archers
*Led by BSB
= 244pts

25 Halfling Spearmen
- Full command
Det - 10 Halfling archers
= 250pts

10 Halfling Archers
= 80pts

10 Halfling Archers
= 80pts

10 Halfling Huntsmen
= 100pts

SPECIAL

Halfling Hot Pot (mortar)
= 75pts

= 75pts

= 75pts

RARE

Giant
= 205pts

Giant
= 205pts

TOTAL POINTS = 2248pts

The general idea would be to use the general/bsb's units close together supported by the giants. Hopefully I should have enough fire power with the mortars and all my archers to take care of the fast annoying units.

Any help in making this a better list would be great...Keeping in mind I'm trying to stay away from gunpowder/knights.
Time of Madness

bassmasterliam
25-06-2008, 18:07
Would you actually be converting to make these miniatures or just saying that they are halflings, other tan that the list lokk pretty solid, but i don't think you should have TWO giants, just one, and if your using empire then at least have some detachments please.

lparigi34
25-06-2008, 18:08
How comes you make a Moot army and do not use the DoW Halfling unit (Lumpin's Fighting Cocks)?

Giants, not my fluff for Empire, least for Halflings.

Gamewise, looks good & funny, but not sure if quite competitive. IMHO, to be competitive it lacks support to take care of enemy machines, in case you fight such armies.

Also, you'll be in serious troubles if high save cavalry surrounds you, they can take good care of giants and archer skirmishers are not efficient at diverting chargers and least will be able to shoot them down.

Also you must take advantage of having the chance of adding those archers unit as detachment as long as you can, why to miss a bonus that you can elect not to use and otherwise causes no disadvantages?

Time of Madness
25-06-2008, 20:25
Thanks for the comments. And I agree the riskiest part of the list was taking archer detachments (skrimished) as they won't be able to properly redirect. I may change this still and opt for some militia detachments of 9 instead.

Time of Madness

The Red Scourge
27-06-2008, 13:28
Halflings are renowned for their inherent antimagical and borderline blasphemous nature. They just don't take things seriously enough to get into these things.

But how about a halfling saboteur? Use Lore of Life to set off the traps he has laid out and dispel scrolls/dice represents how he snuck into the enemy camp during the night and nicked the toad tongues and frogs breath from the enemy wizard, so his spells fail during battle.

Then there is the fluff about halfling outriders patrolling the border to Sylvania. Think halflings on big dogs with deadly slings (pistoliers).